2024 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
RacePaceDemon

Re: 2024 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

Beautiful beautiful beautiful. If the in race strategy sabotage thing is true then that's what some might call karma :wink:
"Insert pseudo-intellectual quote so people on the car threads take me seriously ;)"

atanatizante

Luscion wrote:
28 Jul 2024, 18:16
atanatizante wrote:
28 Jul 2024, 18:14
Luscion wrote:
28 Jul 2024, 17:59

yea..... 1.5kg is a lot
Ted and Fabrega did the maths again and said that even if they took out all the fuel the car was 0.5kg short ...

This situation may be due to RUS didn`t do enough lift and coasting as HAM did during the race as per radio transcripts on Multiviewer ... we all know that all teams underfuel the cars after all ...

In addition, I fear that the plank wear could be higher too ...
My question is if all 3 podiums finishers were weighed or if only George was selected(i dont know the post race procedures), next thing you know Ham is also underweight and Merc leave with no points
As I said before HAM was instructed to do some lift and coast after the first pit-stop but RUS didn't, as per the radio transcripts ...

What`s also annoying in HAM`s head is the fact that he knew the tyres would last (at least in his case) and didn`t pick up the pace in those 13 or so laps until the end coz he thought that RUS would have a higher deg being on +30 laps old hards and could easily pass him even he was down on delta DRS (-7kph) and a 75meter shorter DRS zone ... had he increased the pace he could force RUS to use the tyre more and maybe, finally, RUS would end of having a bigger tyre deg at the end ... so it`s HAM`s fault after all ...
"I don`t have all the answers. Try Google!"
Jesus

mkay
mkay

How can Russell's car be underweight? Aren't they supposed to meet the weight minimum at the start of an event?

And isn't weight calculated ex-fuel. So why would lift-and-coast matter?

Spoutnik
Spoutnik

I feel Russell will escape DSQ (I don't know how, but I believe)

kenshi_blind

atanatizante wrote:
28 Jul 2024, 18:24
Luscion wrote:
atanatizante wrote:

Ted and Fabrega did the maths again and said that even if they took out all the fuel the car was 0.5kg short ...

This situation may be due to RUS didn`t do enough lift and coasting as HAM did during the race as per radio transcripts on Multiviewer ... we all know that all teams underfuel the cars after all ...

My question is if all 3 podiums finishers were weighed or if only George was selected(i dont know the post race procedures), next thing you know Ham is also underweight and Merc leave with no points
As I said before HAM was instructed to do some lift and coast after the first pit-stop but RUS didn't, as per the radio transcripts ...

What`s also annoying in HAM`s head is the fact that he knew the tyres would last (at least in his case) and didn`t pick up the pace in those 13 or so laps until the end coz he thought that RUS would have a higher deg being on +30 laps old hards and could easily pass him even he was down on delta DRS (-7kph) and a 75meter shorter DRS zone ... had he increased the pace he could force RUS to use the tyre more and maybe, finally, RUS would end of having a bigger tyre deg at the end ... so it`s HAM`s fault after all ...

How is that his fault? How could have he picked up the pace when he had no clue that George was on a one stop ?
Last edited by kenshi_blind on 28 Jul 2024, 18:33, edited 1 time in total.

Spoutnik wrote:
28 Jul 2024, 18:27
I feel Russell will escape DSQ (I don't know how, but I believe)
I don’t see how. 1.5kg is a lot, it’s not like you can argue underweight from crash damage or something.
Team ANTI-HYPE. Prove it, then I’ll anoint you.

-wkst-
-wkst-

Servus TV wondered why the team wasn’t celebrating, showing worried faces of Wolff and others. Now we know why….

FNTC
FNTC

Didnt Merecedes even deliberately try to cheat and hide the fact by leaving fuel in the car, so it weighed 798kg when its supposed to be drained? If so the team should be punished more than just the DQ...

GrizzleBoy
GrizzleBoy

atanatizante wrote:
28 Jul 2024, 18:24
Luscion wrote:
atanatizante wrote:

Depends if he knew George was on a one stop.

I heard nothing on the radio about gaps, target laptimes, which lap there would be a predicted battle.

The usual.

And it seems the team agreed Lewis would be one stopping before the race and th3n didn't one stop him.

GrizzleBoy
GrizzleBoy

-wkst- wrote:
28 Jul 2024, 18:29
Servus TV wondered why the team wasn’t celebrating, showing worried faces of Wolff and others. Now we know why….
Totos face after the race makes more sense now tbh. I thought it was because he was expecting media drama over the position switch.

It also makes you wonder because surely they know how much fuel they need to use and how much they need to save, at every stage of the race.

If that's the case, how did we not hear anything on the radio begging George to lift and coast dramatically so he could at least finish with margins al fuel, let alone be 1.5kg light?

GrizzleBoy wrote:
28 Jul 2024, 18:35
-wkst- wrote:
Totos face after the race makes more sense now tbh. I thought it was because he was expecting media drama over the position switch.

It also makes you wonder because surely they know how much fuel they need to use and how much they need to save, at every stage of the race.

If that's the case, how did we not hear anything on the radio begging George to lift and coast dramatically so he could at least finish with margins al fuel, let alone be 1.5kg light?
It’s measured with tank dry I believe. RUS was underweight irrespective of fuel, he returned the reqd fuel sample to stewards for inspection
Team ANTI-HYPE. Prove it, then I’ll anoint you.

Farnborough
Farnborough

mkay wrote:
28 Jul 2024, 18:25
How can Russell's car be underweight? Aren't they supposed to meet the weight minimum at the start of an event?

And isn't weight calculated ex-fuel. So why would lift-and-coast matter?
Yep, no fuel in that minimum weight as I understand this.

They must be flying perilously close to that minimum to carry this risk, not managed that well have they.

Also, here is no cool down lap here to collect the marbles :shock: that would need only 375gm per tyre to meet that minimum.

They have worked too close for comfort though if they've factored that element in to end of race target weight.

kenshi_blind

Cool down lap or no cool down lap. All that is is irrelevant, All the other cars included Lewis car passed the check

GrizzleBoy
GrizzleBoy

214270 wrote:
28 Jul 2024, 18:37
GrizzleBoy wrote:
28 Jul 2024, 18:35
-wkst- wrote:

It’s measured with tank dry I believe. RUS was underweight irrespective of fuel, he returned the reqd fuel sample to stewards for inspection
Ah. This is sounding like missing plank then? I can't think what else it could be unless he has a different chassis to hamilton or.missing ballast.

Which would be another bit of drama of its own...

Last edited by GrizzleBoy on 28 Jul 2024, 18:42, edited 1 time in total.

Spoutnik
Spoutnik

The argument for cool down lap is interesting because it means the marble collected would've offset the fuel burning