2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
fouad1979
fouad1979

Re: 2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

They must fire Crack, and Dan follow, they are the reason of this downfull

Jambier

It hurts to see where Mercedes is now starting the season at same place than Aston…

We can only hope for a miracle now but they have never showed progress in season on the last two years.

Big Gun
Big Gun

This is why in race pace, I think Alonso is still in top 3 with Max and Hamilton.
Alonso is known for saving the tires at the start of the stint to push towards the end of each stint.

How good was it last year when he was fighting for podiums?

I used to be a Alonso hater, but over time his sheer drive and consistency he has made me a fan.

wiktor977
wiktor977

fouad1979 wrote:
28 Jul 2024, 16:40
I think that Dan Fallows should stay but not as a Technical Director. He should go back to being Head of Aero

FNTC
FNTC

Russell will probably get disqualified, car too light, reported to stewards. So more points for Alonso then most likely.

Jambier

wiktor977 wrote:
28 Jul 2024, 16:50
fouad1979 wrote:
I think that Dan Fallows should stay but not as a Technical Director. He should go back to being Head of Aero
Again, if we compare with Mercedes, they just unlock massive performance in two months.
They were absolutely struggling, having headache since two years, and the same team finally "cracked" it.

It is not that simple with the current rules I believe. I have to say, the more we have this rule set the less I like it.
Yes everyone will start to be closer at one point, but not better than before

Mansell89
Mansell89

Big Gun wrote:
28 Jul 2024, 16:48
This is why in race pace, I think Alonso is still in top 3 with Max and Hamilton.
Alonso is known for saving the tires at the start of the stint to push towards the end of each stint.

How good was it last year when he was fighting for podiums?

I used to be a Alonso hater, but over time his sheer drive and consistency he has made me a fan.
Similar to me- time and maturity on my side for sure but more than anything his sheer drive to carry despite not having a race winning car for 11 years is just astonishing.

He could still fight for a WDC if a car was good enough to do so.

Sedaxel
Sedaxel

Master driving of Alonso. His position is above of what the car belongs nowadays.

Both Ocon and Ricciardo seemed to have a faster car. Difficult to know, though, since the strategy was so different and Alo was saving tyres all the race.

Nikosar
Nikosar

Jambier wrote:
28 Jul 2024, 18:55
wiktor977 wrote:
fouad1979 wrote:
Again, if we compare with Mercedes, they just unlock massive performance in two months.
They were absolutely struggling, having headache since two years, and the same team finally "cracked" it.

It is not that simple with the current rules I believe. I have to say, the more we have this rule set the less I like it.
I agree with you, however I think the big hope was to unlock the potential with what they called it “Agressive Package” . At this stage of the season I’m not sure they will keep spending valuable resources to look for it. They will concentrate on next season

KimiRai
KimiRai

zoroastar wrote:
28 Jul 2024, 16:31
SchuMassa wrote:
28 Jul 2024, 16:26
Awesome tyre management from Fernando!
yeah i was a little worried after he got undercut on his first stop. i thought they had "overreacted" to the early stop last race haha. ocon was too fast for comfort
They learned from Hungary's mistake and this time ignored Albon's threat and kept going. Good for them. DLR said Alonso thought before the race a 1 stopper was impossible due to this car's deg but they were flexible during the race. Better on the strategy department this time, well done.

Have they improved tyre degradation a little bit since the start of the season?

Sedaxel
Sedaxel

Nikosar wrote:
28 Jul 2024, 19:59
Jambier wrote:
wiktor977 wrote:

I agree with you, however I think the big hope was to unlock the potential with what they called it “Agressive Package” . At this stage of the season I’m not sure they will keep spending valuable resources to look for it. They will concentrate on next season
If AM was really understanding now what they are doing, maybe some slight improvement could be seen this year. If they managed to solve that supposed "identified issues", at least maybe some tenths could be gained. Who knows...

OnEcRiTiCaL
OnEcRiTiCaL

I agree that they tyre management are much better,but for what cost? I mean if they run 1-1,5s slower than other then can we call it for good tyre save or management?

Rikrikrik
Rikrikrik

OnEcRiTiCaL wrote:
28 Jul 2024, 20:28
I agree that they tyre management are much better,but for what cost? I mean if they run 1-1,5s slower than other then can we call it for good tyre save or management?
Before they was 1-1,5 slower and they didnt save the tyres :? :cry:

Jambier

Nikosar wrote:
28 Jul 2024, 19:59
Jambier wrote:
wiktor977 wrote:

But 2025 cars will be very similar… I believe they must first find out what is wrong and how to progress and just bring a B car next year but that is progressing through the year

xReVo
xReVo

Jambier wrote:
wiktor977 wrote:
fouad1979 wrote:

"Headache for two years" means for them to constantly fight for the podium in every race, which for Aston was something historic. But please don't compare vanilla with chocolate