2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Fakepivot
Fakepivot

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

hehe p3... this season will go down as one of the best seasons ever..

ScuderiaLeo

Leclerc promoted to P3 and Sainz to P6.

Honestly a little sad for Russell, he drove well. But at the same time not that sad because this will help Ferrari a LOT in the WCC against Mercedes, and I'm overjoyed Leclerc's hard work is being rewarded.

Spoutnik
Spoutnik

Well deserved podium for Charles, plus Ferrari didn't bring a finished driver as some said !

yooogurt

ScuderiaLeo wrote:
28 Jul 2024, 19:01
Honestly a little sad for Russell, he drove well.
And now we know why he drove well, and its not a skill.
FORZA FERRARI!

JPower
JPower

yooogurt wrote:
28 Jul 2024, 19:13
ScuderiaLeo wrote:
Was absolutely skill. Regardless of the weight advantage, the consistency he had in the last stint was fairly remarkable.

Mercedes had a car to win this weekend in either case.
Last edited by JPower on 28 Jul 2024, 19:23, edited 1 time in total.

Fakepivot
Fakepivot

yooogurt wrote:
ScuderiaLeo wrote:
i don't think 1.5 kg down is massive.. merc was simply good in this track.

Spoutnik
Spoutnik

Fakepivot wrote:
28 Jul 2024, 19:15
yooogurt wrote:
ScuderiaLeo wrote:
It's about ~2 seconds over a race distance according to calculation

Luscion
Luscion

Fakepivot wrote:
28 Jul 2024, 19:15
yooogurt wrote:
ScuderiaLeo wrote:
George being underweight helped him with making that one stop work but Merc were still very good at this track as Hamilton showed, he passed his checks

Fakepivot
Fakepivot

one thing i am observing in social media like insta and threads. so much sympathy for George (rightly so, i still think he drove good). but if Ferrari had made that mistake, then there would be so much uproar and insults at the team including making fun of their nationality..

codetower

The Carlos Sainz thing is funny. After the race ha said that before the race he thought a 1 stopper could work which is why he opted to start on hards.

Charles being very disappointed is understandable. He doesn’t care about finishing 4th or 5th, he doesn’t care about beating his teammate. If he’s not winning her fighting at the front, he’s not happy. Overall, I think it was a good race. He held off Verstappen and Norris at the end, and probably finished higher than I expected. Lets see what they do over the break.

Vanja #66

P3 and 8s from the winner in Imola, P3 and 8s from the winner in Spa. Very good turnaround in Hungary and Spa after 4 weekends from hell and TD leaving mid season after delivering half-step upgrades. A podium before the break is just what the team needed.

They clearly still have a lot of room to improve (unlike some cars) and after getting through a very tough period they simply must be eager to improve as much as possible. Vasseur now needs to channel the team towards it

As for the race, Mercedes opted for more downforce than other teams and Hamilton made it work with aggressive start. If he had fallen behind DRS from Leclerc, he would have a hard time defending, but it is what it is. With everything happening with the car, Leclerc showed amazing pace for most of the race and managed to keep Max and Lando behind. Not sure about Zandvoort, but they will be quite competitive in Monza, Baku and Singspore even without upgrades
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

.Bole
.Bole

Vanja #66 wrote:
28 Jul 2024, 19:36
P3 and 8s from the winner in Imola, P3 and 8s from the winner in Spa. Very good turnaround in Hungary and Spa after 4 weekends from hell and TD leaving mid season after delivering half-step upgrades. A podium before the break is just what the team needed.

They clearly still have a lot of room to improve (unlike some cars) and after getting through a very tough period they simply must be eager to improve as much as possible. Vasseur now needs to channel the team towards it

As for the race, Mercedes opted for more downforce than other teams and Hamilton made it work with aggressive start. If he had fallen behind DRS from Leclerc, he would have a hard time defending, but it is what it is. With everything happening with the car, Leclerc showed amazing pace for most of the race and managed to keep Max and Lando behind. Not sure about Zandvoort, but they will be quite competitive in Monza, Baku and Singspore even without upgrades
I think Spa was outlier, we will be back to regular 4th place of teams in next few races.
Vanja tbh you are always way too optimistic.

Yes team needed this, but then again we had Monaco and what it gave us afterwards we all know.
I dont think new upgrades are gonna help, as team looks currently headless in terms of development and other stuff. Stories also that Vasseur are telling are very Binottoesque.
Not to mention other teams are not sitting with their hands tied, they are also developing, and we already spent quiet a big part of budget on upgrade that doesnt work.

yooogurt

Vanja #66 wrote:
28 Jul 2024, 19:36
Not sure about Zandvoort, but they will be quite competitive in Monza, Baku and Singspore even without upgrades
According to motorsport: it will be small updrades for Zandvort, and big for Monza and Singapore
FORZA FERRARI!

yooogurt

.Bole wrote:
28 Jul 2024, 20:17
I dont think new upgrades are gonna help, as team looks currently headless in terms of development and other stuff.
for the first time in many years, the team prepared an unsuccessful (but not bad) update, and immediately begins to "headless in terms of development"
FORZA FERRARI!

.Bole
.Bole

yooogurt wrote:
28 Jul 2024, 20:22
.Bole wrote:
28 Jul 2024, 20:17
I dont think new upgrades are gonna help, as team looks currently headless in terms of development and other stuff.
for the first time in many years, the team prepared an unsuccessful (but not bad) update, and immediately begins to "headless in terms of development"
https://cdn.7tv.app/emote/618302fe8d50b ... bc/4x.webp
In years? Should we go back to 2022.

I mean they couldnt bring a bad update to 2023, after that bad car at start of 2023 anyway. You could only go up from there.

I mean Ferrari struggled with in season development ever since Alonso's days, lets be clear, especially if they start the season good you can almost bet a house they will crumble under pressure of fighting for championship. Just remember 2018 with development too.
Headless is what i am saying cause they brought update that gave them bouncing and headless cause we have now Vasseur that also serves as TD.