2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
yooogurt

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

scuderiabrandon wrote:
28 Jul 2024, 23:56
Dirty air was terrible. Finally you heard it from the drivers who typically start further ahead. And I've been stressing the importance of having good qualifications since round 2. I absolutely knew this was going to be the case.

They probably win this race by 20 seconds if they start on the front row. Piastri cleared Leclerc on lap 36, he was probably around 7 tenths of a second quicker than Hamilton.

Even Red Bull were clearly quicker, they shot themselves in the foot by creating a DRS with Perez and not having 2 hards.
But Charles also had the same ditry air behind Lewis, no?
Yes, Mclaren became the fastest car at the end of the race, as was almost always the case after Miami (though Lando didnt feel it), but today for two-thirds of the race McLaren was nowhere to be found.
And if someone is faster, they overtake, especially if they “mile ahead”.
FORZA FERRARI!

Xyz22
Xyz22

yooogurt wrote:
29 Jul 2024, 00:15
scuderiabrandon wrote:
28 Jul 2024, 23:56
Dirty air was terrible. Finally you heard it from the drivers who typically start further ahead. And I've been stressing the importance of having good qualifications since round 2. I absolutely knew this was going to be the case.

They probably win this race by 20 seconds if they start on the front row. Piastri cleared Leclerc on lap 36, he was probably around 7 tenths of a second quicker than Hamilton.

Even Red Bull were clearly quicker, they shot themselves in the foot by creating a DRS with Perez and not having 2 hards.
But Charles also had the same ditry air behind Lewis, no?
Yes, Mclaren became the fastest car at the end of the race, as was almost always the case after Miami (though Lando didnt feel it), but today for two-thirds of the race McLaren was nowhere to be found.
And if someone is faster, they overtake, especially if they “mile ahead”.
Leclerc was at the absolute limit to keep up with Lewis, that is the difference. The others were quicker but didn't have enough delta... Verstappen was way quicker despite having the mediums, which were terrible compared to the hards. Overtaking was really difficult, yet Leclerc was passed by Lewis and Piastri.

Also, clearly they made improvements from the past few races, and they scored good points with both cars which is great but that doesn't mean Ferrari is competitive. They are not, and this is why Leclerc was disappointed.

I will always say what i feel and my impressions after the race, no matter if people think i'm pessimistic to an annoying level. They said the same multiple times despite being often right...

yooogurt

Xyz22 wrote:
29 Jul 2024, 00:18
The others were quicker but didn't have enough delta...
Bro,If they were faster, they wouldnt be off the pace. It just doesnt make sense.
FORZA FERRARI!

scuderiabrandon

yooogurt wrote:
29 Jul 2024, 00:27
Xyz22 wrote:
Bro,If they were faster, they wouldnt be off the pace. It just doesnt make sense.
The dirty air was astronomical, man. I think you are underestimating the effect of dirty air.

For most of the race, Leclerc only had to sit behind Hamilton. Now imagine sitting behind 3-4 cars. You can see the exact same pattern when Piastri reaches the Mercs at the ned, he was literary 7 tenths quicker before hitting dirty air.

Xyz22
Xyz22

So the delta to overtake was probably near 1s and a good exit of La Source...

scuderiabrandon

Xyz22 wrote:
29 Jul 2024, 00:39
How many times was Verstappen in DRS range and couldn't overtake Leclerc on Kemmel?

yooogurt

scuderiabrandon wrote:
29 Jul 2024, 00:31
The dirty air was astronomical, man. I think you are underestimating the effect of dirty air.

For most of the race, Leclerc only had to sit behind Hamilton. Now imagine sitting behind 3-4 cars. You can see the exact same pattern when Piastri reaches the Mercs at the ned, he was literary 7 tenths quicker before hitting dirty air.
How the hell you can get dirty air from car in 5 sec ahead? huh?
But okay, so what magic was turned on McLaren (not really), who suffered in the dirty air, but was still the "mile ahead”?
Last edited by yooogurt on 29 Jul 2024, 00:53, edited 2 times in total.
FORZA FERRARI!

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

yooogurt wrote:
29 Jul 2024, 00:50
scuderiabrandon wrote:

But okay, so what magic wand turned on McLaren (not really), who then suffered in the dirty air, but was still the "mile ahead”?
Piastri is not even considered the faster of the two Mclaren drivers on Sunday. Norris had a strange weekend. That Mclaren would look like it was in another formula with different drivers.
Last edited by AR3-GP on 29 Jul 2024, 00:54, edited 5 times in total.

scuderiabrandon

yooogurt wrote:
29 Jul 2024, 00:50
scuderiabrandon wrote:

But okay, so what magic wand turned on McLaren (not really), who then suffered in the dirty air, but was still the "mile ahead”?
The magic wand was that they were fast, much faster than anyone else. Put them on the front row and they wins this race by 20 seconds.

Edit: There are races where the wake was felt from 8s back. If you don't believe me go listen to the radio message from Leclerc in Imola.

Xyz22
Xyz22

scuderiabrandon wrote:
29 Jul 2024, 00:47
Xyz22 wrote:
How many times was Verstappen in DRS range and couldn't overtake Leclerc on Kemmel?
5-6?

yooogurt

scuderiabrandon wrote:
29 Jul 2024, 00:52
The magic wand was that they were fast, much faster than anyone else.
They was be faster, but they fall off because ditry air, when others dont?
Hell no, if youre faster you press first in an attempt to overtake, and if you dont succeed you hold on 2 seconds further, thats when the dirty air disappears. Otherwise, by your logic, the drivers behind Oscar should have fallen off even more, not held on in the drs.
FORZA FERRARI!

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

yooogurt wrote:
29 Jul 2024, 01:02
scuderiabrandon wrote:
Hell no, if youre faster you press first in an attempt to overtake, and if you dont succeed you hold on 2 seconds further, thats when the dirty air disappears. Otherwise, by your logic, the drivers behind Oscar should have fallen off even more, not held on in the drs.
Maybe for 1 stint, Leclerc got more out of his car than Piastri did? :idea:

It's not unusual that Piastri loses a lot of time in 1 of his stints. He was always like this against Norris, even in Hungary.

People don't understand how quick the Mclaren is because their drivers keep wasting the car.

scuderiabrandon

Xyz22 wrote:
29 Jul 2024, 00:58
scuderiabrandon wrote:
29 Jul 2024, 00:47
Xyz22 wrote:
5-6?
The truth is we were clearly and comfortably the 4th quickest car on pace, and that is with the benefit of track position and the right tyre allocation.

In reality, it was Leclerc who probably had his best weekend yet that saved our asses by qualifying so far ahead of where we would've been on a dry Saturday. Otherwise, it was going to be another P7-8 finish, 5 tenths off the leaders pace, pretty much where we were in Silverstone. Moreover, the bouncing destroyed our final stint, with that gone I think we're much closer but still not quite there, maybe a tenth or two away.

scuderiabrandon

yooogurt wrote:
29 Jul 2024, 01:02
scuderiabrandon wrote:
I'm not going to fuirthe rthis discussion with you.

If the people who are driving the cars can't convince you the dirty air is really bad, and nor the data can, then I don't know what to tell you. Maybe you should go drive.

.Bole
.Bole

scuderiabrandon wrote:
yooogurt wrote:
29 Jul 2024, 00:27
Xyz22 wrote:

Exactly why we keep repeating that quali matter even more since 2023 changes. Dirty air increased way much than FIA wanted when they introduced rules in 2022