2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Jdn1327
Jdn1327

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Dunlay wrote:
29 Jul 2024, 04:27
Juzh wrote:
28 Jul 2024, 20:10
Dunlay wrote:
28 Jul 2024, 19:52
What was that smokescreen qualifying performance from Red Bull? What happened to the pace in the race? Has the team spoken about what happened, where did the pace go?
Yeah, really strange to just drop off like that. They lost something like 0,5s of relative performance from Q to race. Maybe we also saw some Max magic yesterday as per usual.
In race, RB20 was clipping almost at the middle of kemmel straight whereas Mercedes was carrying top speed until the braking points (comparing without DRS). Did you observe that? They were slow on that straight. With DRS Max was achieving 345kph whereas Russell was reaching 334 kph.
Didn't they run a high df setup which made them super quick in S2 and vulnerable in S1 and S3? Also I think because the car is so efficient in a straight line they maybe thought they could get away with extra df and protect tyres a bit more with more df

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Bill wrote:
29 Jul 2024, 09:53

the crashthing is getting overblown daniel cant get the redbull seat on merit so you have use some arbitrary metric to discredit other drivers.dan has 2.3 million worth of damages these year max and yuki are on 0.9 million .so the facts cant back your theory.
The decision is not up to me. It is only an opinion.

I am not only considering this year. You have to look at the whole package and what Red Bull need in the 2nd car, not just a driver’s speed in isolation.

They need an experienced and mature driver to help them fight for the WCC. Yuki is a young driver trying to prove himself. It is not the right time for him or Lawson. Neither of Tsunoda or Lawson have even won a race. They never had a car to do so, but they also lack experience in these high pressure situations at the top. Even when Ricciardo was bad at Mclaren, he was faultless when his chance came in Monza. He is a proven driver under pressure at the front.

Red Bull need a drop-in driver with that experience and familiarity with the team to finish this 2024 season. Ricciardo and Verstappen also have an established and friendly relationship. Ricciardo is the only logical decision on such short notice.
Last edited by AR3-GP on 29 Jul 2024, 13:44, edited 3 times in total.

djos

Bill wrote:
AR3-GP wrote:
29 Jul 2024, 02:47
TeamKoolGreen wrote:
29 Jul 2024, 02:08

It is Lawson or Riccardo. It will probably be Riccardo which should be an improvement on current day Perez. But there's always a risk he goes full McLaren and just can't settle himself with the car. I dont see that happening with Lawson
Ricciardo never crashes the car. I can count on 1 hand the number of crashes that Ricciardo had in the last 5 years. Even when he could not drive the Mclaren, he never crashed it. With the budget situation, Red Bull need this. They cannot afford Tsunoda and Lawson.

The estimated 5 million in damages that Sergio Perez has cost this team will be felt for the next 3-4 years. In this budget cap era, you just cannot afford it. Every dollar in damages is a dollar that cannot be used for development. If people want to know why Red Bull can't bring more updates, it is because Sergio Perez spent 5 million dollars of the budget to make carbon fibre confetti.
the crashthing is getting overblown daniel cant get the redbull seat on merit so you have use some arbitrary metric to discredit other drivers.dan has 2.3 million worth of damages these year max and yuki are on 0.9 million .so the facts cant back your theory.
Both of Daniel’s big crashes were caused by other drivers, one was Lance not looking were he was going and driving straight into the back of Daniel, and the other was caused by Alex trying to add a 3rd car to a corner that was about to be occupied by Daniel and Lance.

AFAIK Daniel hasn’t binned his car on his own this year.
"In downforce we trust"

f1isgood
f1isgood

If Red Bull were serious, they will forget Daniel, Checo, Yuki etc and get Sainz or even Alonso on board or something like that. Politics aside, he is a capable driver and will be very good for constructors. In case Max decides to jump ship to Mercedes, they should probably get George. Russell is far more cut throat than the other drivers of his generation and given a good car will win the title. He is also very political which will only help Red Bull. Also having a British driver will help with PR a lot.

Perez was fine when Max had a title fight and needed a rear gunner. He has been hurting the team the last couple of years and this year is simply unacceptable.

f1isgood
f1isgood

AR3-GP wrote:
29 Jul 2024, 13:23
Bill wrote:

The decision is not up to me. It is only an opinion.

I am not only considering this year. You have to look at the whole package and what Red Bull need in the 2nd car, not just a driver’s speed in isolation.

They need an experienced and mature driver to help them fight for the WCC. Yuki is a young driver trying to prove himself. It is not the right time for him or Lawson. Neither of Tsunoda or Lawson have even won a race. They never had a car to do so, but they also lack experience in these high pressure situations at the top. Even when Ricciardo was bad at Mclaren, he was faultless when his chance came in Monza. He is a proven driver under pressure at the front.

Red Bull need a drop-in driver with that experience and familiarity with the team to finish this 2024 season. Ricciardo and Verstappen also have an established and friendly relationship. Ricciardo is the only logical decision on such short notice.
Alonso will jump ship if offered a seat.

Bill
Bill

no offence to Alonso he is having problem handling stroll.like i usually say they are no super drivers in f1 but supercars. Lewis was floundering before merc sorted their car and some people were calling him washed. The bottom line is people perception of a driver is influence by car ,so redbull may as well take risk with young drivers. Their junior team is getting clogged up with older drivers because that conveyer belt is not moving.

djones
djones

It will be very disappointing if they give the seat to Daniel. He has already had his chance in a Redbull.

Daniel is above average on his best days, but nothing more than average over the course of a season. The only thing he would be good for is Max as he won't take any stat building away from him.

I'm not so so they need an experienced driver per se. I think a bigger priority is a fast number two who can also be the leader when/if Max leaves at the end of '25. They need to steal somebody like Piastri.

Vettel165

Slightly sad that Max had a 10 place grid penalty here, they should take it in Monza. Without it he would have probably won the race or be close to it. The only good thing we had similar race pace in clear air than Mclaren and also Max gained 3 points on Lando. Its all about damage limitation, but I really miss that winning feeling already. Now we have 4 weeks to strike back stronger.

Dunlay
Dunlay

djones wrote:
29 Jul 2024, 14:55
It will be very disappointing if they give the seat to Daniel. He has already had his chance in a Redbull.

Daniel is above average on his best days, but nothing more than average over the course of a season. The only thing he would be good for is Max as he won't take any stat building away from him.

I'm not so so they need an experienced driver per se. I think a bigger priority is a fast number two who can also be the leader when/if Max leaves at the end of '25. They need to steal somebody like Piastri.
If Piastri improves his race pace, Lando would be the one that would like to jump the ship. Everytime when Red Bull tried to sign Lando, Zak prempted that move and resigned Lando. If Piastri demonstrates similar race pace to Lando, then Lando himself might look elsewhere and that would be Red Bull's opportunity. If Max signs with Mercedes, then George would become an option as he would obviously jump out and go to another team to be the No.1.

But it's extremely disappointing to see Red Bull becoming naive and lethargic towards the ambition of blooding young drivers and persisting with totally spent old drivers. This attitude is not going to give another Vettel or Daniel (peak) or Max. This attitude need to change for own their good.

Vettel165

Piastri would be an amazing choice for Red Bull beside Max. Max would probably be a little bit quicker, but with the fast car they would probably bring a lot of 1-2 home. Piastri is starting to become an impressive driver and for now is also quite good under pressure.

Also it would make my year amazing, that Max brings that title home this year. As it would have been copy-paste what Seb has done 2010-2013, 2021-2024? If he will done it would be his most impressive title with the second best car in the most part of the season.

For now its still in his hands 70-30%, but everything is possible in f1. Even Red Bull domination can come back, but for this year its gonna be very tight until the end. Nothing is impossible.

Watto
Watto

Dunlay wrote:
29 Jul 2024, 15:49
djones wrote:

If Piastri improves his race pace, Lando would be the one that would like to jump the ship. Everytime when Red Bull tried to sign Lando, Zak prempted that move and resigned Lando. If Piastri demonstrates similar race pace to Lando, then Lando himself might look elsewhere and that would be Red Bull's opportunity. If Max signs with Mercedes, then George would become an option as he would obviously jump out and go to another team to be the No.1.

But it's extremely disappointing to see Red Bull becoming naive and lethargic towards the ambition of blooding young drivers and persisting with totally spent old drivers. This attitude is not going to give another Vettel or Daniel (peak) or Max. This attitude need to change for own their good.
I get the feeling it probably is and why we have this Perez circus again.

I thin they will put Dan in Perez seat, put Lawson in beside Yuki. If Dan doesn't perform to their expectations for the rest of the year, cya later, look at options for 2025 then, if Perez was driving well I think they probably would cut Dan loose before the end of the season completely

Bill
Bill

redbull are going through was every midfield team go through every raceweekend ,that it is important to maximise chances .they cant use their fastcar to paper over mistakes.the strategy was wrong in hungary and in spa they should have done their pu change at other races since they were sure of pole .

cplchanb
cplchanb

Watto wrote:
29 Jul 2024, 17:00
Dunlay wrote:
29 Jul 2024, 15:49
djones wrote:

I get the feeling it probably is and why we have this Perez circus again.

I thin they will put Dan in Perez seat, put Lawson in beside Yuki. If Dan doesn't perform to their expectations for the rest of the year, cya later, look at options for 2025 then, if Perez was driving well I think they probably would cut Dan loose before the end of the season completely
it would be absolutely hilarious if checo gets the call from marko that hes been swapped with ric while he was watching the latest episode of house of the dragon lol. it would be so deja vu lol :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

cplchanb
cplchanb

Bill wrote:
29 Jul 2024, 17:09
redbull are going through was every midfield team go through every raceweekend ,that it is important to maximise chances .they cant use their fastcar to paper over mistakes.the strategy was wrong in hungary and in spa they should have done their pu change at other races since they were sure of pole .
hindsight is wonderful at 20/20 isnt it... it was the logical decision given the last 2 years... they just made a strategic blunder with their DF selection and perhaps underestimated the other cars or the reduction of the DRS zone.

either way who knows if monza would bring them anything different now that mclaren and merc are up there with them in top speed.

also do they even have enough fresh engines to make it to monza without sacrificing this race?

f1isgood
f1isgood

Just lost Carlos to Williams. What a miserable season this is turning out to be lol.

Can't wait for whoever replaces Perez to be just as bad or worse. Yuki should have that seat but clearly Horner and Marko disagree there.

Horner should grow some courage and put Alonso next to Max. Best case Red Bull get a legit driver lineup. Worst case, Spanish fans claim RB sabotage him which is already happening. Win-win move everything considered.

Other teams are happy to run a tight ship this team has been a disappointment sticking especially with Perez. Could have always picked Hulk over him.