2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
f1isgood
f1isgood

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

cplchanb wrote:
29 Jul 2024, 18:16
Bill wrote:
29 Jul 2024, 17:09
redbull are going through was every midfield team go through every raceweekend ,that it is important to maximise chances .they cant use their fastcar to paper over mistakes.the strategy was wrong in hungary and in spa they should have done their pu change at other races since they were sure of pole .
hindsight is wonderful at 20/20 isnt it... it was the logical decision given the last 2 years... they just made a strategic blunder with their DF selection and perhaps underestimated the other cars or the reduction of the DRS zone.

either way who knows if monza would bring them anything different now that mclaren and merc are up there with them in top speed.

also do they even have enough fresh engines to make it to monza without sacrificing this race?
Everyone's just unhappy that a win was lost given the car was actually competitive with the McLaren.

chrisc90

Perez seems to be confirmed for 2nd half of the season according to some twitter reports.

f1isgood
f1isgood

AR3-GP wrote:
29 Jul 2024, 13:23
Bill wrote:
29 Jul 2024, 09:53

the crashthing is getting overblown daniel cant get the redbull seat on merit so you have use some arbitrary metric to discredit other drivers.dan has 2.3 million worth of damages these year max and yuki are on 0.9 million .so the facts cant back your theory.
The decision is not up to me. It is only an opinion.

I am not only considering this year. You have to look at the whole package and what Red Bull need in the 2nd car, not just a driver’s speed in isolation.

They need an experienced and mature driver to help them fight for the WCC. Yuki is a young driver trying to prove himself. It is not the right time for him or Lawson. Neither of Tsunoda or Lawson have even won a race. They never had a car to do so, but they also lack experience in these high pressure situations at the top. Even when Ricciardo was bad at Mclaren, he was faultless when his chance came in Monza. He is a proven driver under pressure at the front.

Red Bull need a drop-in driver with that experience and familiarity with the team to finish this 2024 season. Ricciardo and Verstappen also have an established and friendly relationship. Ricciardo is the only logical decision on such short notice.
Piastri walked in last year, he is doing just fine all things considered. You are either good enough or you are not. This young driver BS doesn't fly imo.

Red Bull should get a washed up Danny Ric to finish the season I agree. He is not the answer for 2025. 2025 should go with Alonso imo. There's no other decent driver on the market.

f1isgood
f1isgood

chrisc90 wrote:
29 Jul 2024, 20:29
Perez seems to be confirmed for 2nd half of the season according to some twitter reports.
The WCC will be lost in the next two races I am willing to bet.

Luscion
Luscion

f1isgood
f1isgood

Pain, and more pain.

Wouter

O.M.G!!!

Erik van Haren
@ErikvHaren
·
28 m
Sergio Pérez will stay with Red Bull Racing. Confirmation from the team.

More on http://telegraaf.nl. #F1
Erik van Haren
@ErikvHaren
"Checo will remain a Red Bull Racing driver, despite all the speculation lately. We look forward to seeing him perform on circuits where he has done well in the past," said Christian Horner at the Red Bull factory tonight.

The Telegraaf article translated:

Red Bull has decided: Sergio Pérez will remain Max Verstappen's teammate
author avatar

Erik van Haren
Modified: 1 min ago

Red Bull Racing has decided that Sergio Pérez will continue as Max Verstappen's teammate. Team boss Christian Horner announced this tonight at the Formula 1 team's factory in Milton Keynes.

"Checo will remain a Red Bull Racing driver, despite all the speculation of late. We look forward to seeing him perform at circuits where he has done well in the past, after the summer break," Horner said in front of hundreds of employees at the Red Bull factory.

It was already known that Horner would sit down with Red Bull's top advisor Helmut Marko on Monday to discuss the future. Pérez was under a lot of pressure, because he only scored 28 points in the last eight races. In comparison: in that phase, Verstappen scored 141 points. McLaren has rapidly come closer in the constructors' battle.

Liam Lawson and Daniel Ricciardo were on the cards to replace Pérez, but everything will remain as it is at Red Bull for the time being. Pérez signed a new contract less than two months ago; in principle until 2026, but with the necessary performance clauses. Red Bull could have said goodbye to him during the summer break, but continues to trust the experienced Mexican (34). He will therefore report to Zandvoort in 3.5 weeks for the resumption of the season.

Verstappen stood up for his partner on Sunday after the Belgian Grand Prix, in which Pérez fell from second place on the grid to seventh place. "I think our biggest concern is the car and that we have to focus on that. I think Checo's weekend was positive. And during the race you can just see that we still have problems with the tires and their wear. I think our main priority should be to see how we can improve that."
The Power of Dreams!

Sergej
Sergej

I don't care about Perez.

I'm still fuming about the absurd decision to take in Spa the engine penalty; could have been an important victory for the championship, fourth consecutive win in Spa for Max.

Argh.

Vettel165

Sergej wrote:
29 Jul 2024, 20:55
I don't care about Perez.

I'm still fuming about the absurd decision to take in Spa the engine penalty; could have been an important victory for the championship, fourth consecutive win in Spa for Max.

Argh.
It was the same for me this morning. But after analysing everything I came to a conclusion. If someone told me that right before the summer break Max would be leading the WDC by 80 points, I would take this everyday of the week. So I still have good faith in the team, and we can still be optimistic.

Who knows maybe in 4 weeks time we will come back better, the team now has the time to reset everything.
Last edited by Vettel165 on 29 Jul 2024, 23:29, edited 1 time in total.

TeamKoolGreen
TeamKoolGreen

Bill wrote:
29 Jul 2024, 14:05
no offence to Alonso he is having problem handling stroll.like i usually say they are no super drivers in f1 but supercars. Lewis was floundering before merc sorted their car and some people were calling him washed. The bottom line is people perception of a driver is influence by car ,so redbull may as well take risk with young drivers. Their junior team is getting clogged up with older drivers because that conveyer belt is not moving.
Even Kimi Raikonen won a race in 2018. Doesn't mean he wasn't washed. Hamilton did nothing of note for 2 and a half seasons. Then got 2 lucky wins because his teammate either DNF or got DSQ. There's enough hamilton shilling to go around. Shouldn't be too much to ask to keep it out of the Red Bull thread

djones
djones

Does Perez bring ultra sponsorship money?

It’s the only reason I can think of that they want to keep him. That or contractually Max gets a say on his teammate.

organic

Ffs. Perez stays

Luscion
Luscion

djones wrote:
29 Jul 2024, 22:08
Does Perez bring ultra sponsorship money?

It’s the only reason I can think of that they want to keep him. That or contractually Max gets a say on his teammate.
Theres a disney+ documentary series about Checo coming out in 2 days and he has lots of Mexican sponsorships

Rikhart
Rikhart

chrisc90 wrote:
29 Jul 2024, 20:29
Lunacy.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Perez stays so the decision to let Perez hold up Max at Spa for 10 laps was not because it was his last race.

Where do we go from here? The team stopped backing Max and now supports the driver who has shown nothing for past 8 races.

This is the twilight zone. :wtf: