2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
-wkst-
-wkst-

Re: 2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

Nikosar wrote:
29 Jul 2024, 15:50
Do we know if Aston will produce her own rear for 2025 ? Or it will be 2026 ?

I fear that they will not focus on the rear of the car and they accept it as it is waiting to produce their own.

For September it seems that that they will bring new sidepods, knowing Dan Fallows he will bring radical changes. Let’s hope for a working upgrade.
It's not like AMR can produce their own rear suspension (or their own gearbox) at the drop of a hat. Such things need lead time.

Furthermore it makes not much sense to start with such projects at the end of a regulation circle. Let alone that there are naturally contracts with Mercedes until the end of 2025.

Mercedes are obviously delivering good parts, they are winning races. With regulations going into the 4th year, there won't be big margins for surprises either.

Rikrikrik
Rikrikrik

The best result we can expect for the rest of the season will be the fifth team by far and nothing more, they said the hungary upgrades is almost 100% correlation with wind tunnel and they "found the right path" and they know about where is the problem , so, guys, its now or never, they need improve performance after summer. If they dont do this, they are lying everytime and they dont know what happen. BUT, the budget is almost gone, so, we know what will be the next excuse about poor performances. " we dont have more money to update more"

selvam_e2002
selvam_e2002

diffuser wrote:
29 Jul 2024, 08:44
They appear to be at the front end of the midfield, while they finished off last year a cut above the midfield, in a class by themselves.

Hopefully, they've understood the aero and start to making big gains.
Hoping so. They have two days tyre testing starting tomorrow with Vandroone. Hopefully they gather some data.... to bounce back after summer break.

diffuser

Rikrikrik wrote:
29 Jul 2024, 17:53
The best result we can expect for the rest of the season will be the fifth team by far and nothing more, they said the hungary upgrades is almost 100% correlation with wind tunnel and they "found the right path" and they know about where is the problem , so, guys, its now or never, they need improve performance after summer. If they dont do this, they are lying everytime and they dont know what happen. BUT, the budget is almost gone, so, we know what will be the next excuse about poor performances. " we dont have more money to update more"
It is very unlikely but if they could find 2 seconds with their next upgrade. They could finish 1 and 2 for the next 4 races and be in the mix with Merc. The top 4 teams are pretty even right now, therefore, distributing points more evenly than they have had over any point over the last 10- 20 years.

KimiRai
KimiRai

Since Silverstone the last three races have had a Q3 appearance with 2/3 being double Q3s (interestingly all 3 qualifyings had wet weather more or less involved) and three consecutive races with points. An improvement from the very bad run from Imola updates to Austria , where Canada was a clear outlier. Sure it is not enough at all, I'm anticipating the reply, but it's something of a positive trend at least. It does seem the worst is over. Maybe. Perhaps.

-wkst-
-wkst-

I don’t know if the trend is really positive, looking at the body language of ALO after the race. He once again said that the balance of the car was not good, obviously no step in this important topic with the Hungary updates.

Overall you can clearly see the difference in ALO‘s energy, how much he invested last year, even in media work, enjoying the situation. This year is very different, defensive on track and off track. Or let me say it this way: last year his face looked 5 years younger, this year 5 years older. But he knows that 2026 could be a great chance for AMR, therefore he is hanging around waiting in my opinion… otherwise he would have done the 1 year deal with Mercedes in my opinion to achieve the 33rd.

KimiRai
KimiRai

-wkst- wrote:
29 Jul 2024, 22:34
I don’t know if the trend is really positive, looking at the body language of ALO after the race. He once again said that the balance of the car was not good, obviously no step in this important topic with the Hungary updates.

Overall you can clearly see the difference in ALO‘s energy, how much he invested last year, even in media work, enjoying the situation. This year is very different, defensive on track and off track. Or let me say it this way: last year his face looked 5 years younger, this year 5 years older. But he knows that 2026 could be a great chance for AMR, therefore he is hanging around waiting in my opinion… otherwise he would have done the 1 year deal with Mercedes in my opinion to achieve the 33rd.
Yes I watch his interviews and what he says. Ive also read they corrected a small bit of the tyre wear issue and the nervousness of the car that started from Imola.

SSJ4
SSJ4

looking at flexi wing thread. i think we went wrong somewhere with front suspension when you compare it to the other top 4 teams

diffuser

Alonso, before the race, said they ran heavy with DF. Not sure that it was the fastest setup for the car. So if you're running more DF than you would normally. Then the obvious extension of that is to have less wear, hence the one stop.

Because of that, I think we got to forget what we learned about the traights of the car at SPA. It doesn't apply.

Sherrinford
Sherrinford

diffuser wrote:
29 Jul 2024, 20:03
Rikrikrik wrote:
It is very unlikely but if they could find 2 seconds with their next upgrade. They could finish 1 and 2 for the next 4 races and be in the mix with Merc. The top 4 teams are pretty even right now, therefore, distributing points more evenly than they have had over any point over the last 10- 20 years.
You can't even find 2 seconds from one season to the next, so how can you expect to find them with an update? The problem with the car is mechanical and can only be resolved at the end of the season. However, the 2026 machines will be designed from January 2025, but surely now they will be doing something on what they already know

KimiRai
KimiRai

Sherrinford wrote:
30 Jul 2024, 08:19
diffuser wrote:
29 Jul 2024, 20:03
Rikrikrik wrote:
You can't even find 2 seconds from one season to the next, so how can you expect to find them with an update? The problem with the car is mechanical and can only be resolved at the end of the season. However, the 2026 machines will be designed from January 2025, but surely now they will be doing something on what they already know
I don’t think he was being serious. :lol:

quincalla
quincalla

I calculated the % gap to the fastest driver's race pace for every race this season. I did this for me so maybe it's not the most exhaustive methodology but I figured I'd post it anyway. From f1pace.com I grabbed the fastest driver's race pace and the fastest Aston that was on the same strategy.
For Spa I chose RUS, who wasn't the fastest but finished first and was on a one-stopper like ALO.
Monaco is a weird one because ALO was slow as hell intentionally to open the gap for STR to stop but then he had that crash and had an extra stop so... 🤷
If there were any other weird circumstances like that in any other races I can't remember them 😅

KimiRai
KimiRai

Ty for the graph. Top 4 teams are now too far away sadly but it would be good to see if that line improves until the end of the season.

Rikrikrik
Rikrikrik

Maybe to 2025 they could make the car similar to"Bahrain 2023" when they understood the car with that flexible wing. Im suposing guys, i dont know about nothing, just suposing. Maybe they building the AMR25 with a flexible concept they can improve something. AMR24 looks like wrong and if they really understood where and what is the problem, could be more interesting put focus on AMR25 after summer break. If they continious doing test, they dont know nothing.

diffuser

Rikrikrik wrote:
30 Jul 2024, 14:48
Maybe to 2025 they could make the car similar to"Bahrain 2023" when they understood the car with that flexible wing. Im suposing guys, i dont know about nothing, just suposing. Maybe they building the AMR25 with a flexible concept they can improve something. AMR24 looks like wrong and if they really understood where and what is the problem, could be more interesting put focus on AMR25 after summer break. If they continious doing test, they dont know nothing.
You can't go back to the AMR23, the concept was too slow, they've moved on. Also, the issues they've encountered are likely limits you only hit when you get to a certain level of DF.
I noticed the upgrade the RB20 got that Max didn't like, seemed to try to add some push out in front of sidepods. That was a traight of the AMR23. It's likely where it lost the low speed traction.