2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Sergej
Sergej

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

AR3-GP wrote:
29 Jul 2024, 22:21
Perez stays so the decision to let Perez hold up Max at Spa for 10 laps was not because it was his last race.

Where do we go from here? The team stopped backing Max and now supports the driver who has shown nothing for past 8 races.

This is the twilight zone. :wtf:
look at the positive sides: WCC is gone, if Max wins the WDC it will be the second of his 4 titles won with a not-WCC car, something that veeeeery few champions can claim; plus more wind tunnel hours for 2025.

Sieper

It is not like that. It was bad luck it played out like that, I would also rather not have seen it. Especially when he finally went to pit max had lost Russell and Lando was in drs. That was a bit annoying. But I think they hoped he could keep the pressure on later in the race. And letting a merc by is perhaps too much to ask.

Even with this, max still managed 11 to 5 while being on someone’s tail like 99% of the race. In better circumstances he can do more.

Paa

AR3-GP wrote:
29 Jul 2024, 22:21
Perez stays so the decision to let Perez hold up Max at Spa for 10 laps was not because it was his last race.

Where do we go from here? The team stopped backing Max and now supports the driver who has shown nothing for past 8 races.

This is the twilight zone. :wtf:
I'm starting to think that the Mexican maffia took someone hostage from Horner's family. This is the only rational explanation at this point.
Or they really need the extra WT time next year.

Chuckjr

Horner really really must not care about the constructors title. There’s just no excuse atp to not pull Checo. It must be sponsorship money and assuring a compliant #2 status that keep Checo a Red Bull driver. But costs to the teams motivations, and bonuses that will never materialize, seem to high a price to pay to keep a sub-par driver who crashes often and is mentally thin.
Watching F1 since 1986.

CHT
CHT

One possible reason why RBR is keeping Perez at the moment is to avoiding signing any new driver with long term contract.

The perfect driver to replace Perez is Oscar Piastri as RBR usually prefer to have a non European based driver in their car.

Paa

CHT wrote:
30 Jul 2024, 01:32
One possible reason why RBR is keeping Perez at the moment is to avoiding signing any new driver with long term contract.

The perfect driver to replace Perez is Oscar Piastri as RBR usually prefer to have a non European based driver in their car.
I don't think that either Daniel or Lawson has any negotiating power over this. They both happily sign a contract even just until end of 2024.

Luscion
Luscion

Chuckjr wrote:
30 Jul 2024, 00:57
Horner really really must not care about the constructors title. There’s just no excuse atp to not pull Checo. It must be sponsorship money and assuring a compliant #2 status that keep Checo a Red Bull driver. But costs to the teams motivations, and bonuses that will never materialize, seem to high a price to pay to keep a sub-par driver who crashes often and is mentally thin.
People joke but that could very well be the reason, he has lots of sponsors, Disney, KitKat, Telcel, Mobil, Claro, Nescafé, Telmex, Xades, Tag Heuer, Kavak, Banorte and iirc he still has backing from a multi billionaire who helped him get his career started. He has a series on Disney+ coming out in 2 days. Not to mention he's the only Mexican driver on the grid and probs bring them tons of money in merch sales and deals

CaribouBread
CaribouBread

I'm not going to believe what they say until I see him on track at Zandvoort. I cannot believe it.

Tommy.G
Tommy.G

Red Bull have been firing drivers all those years for way less dreadful performances than Perez! Just look at Albon and Gasly! So it’s probably Perez keeping something up his sleeve regarding Horner which doesn’t let Horner get rid of him…

There’s no other explanation! Hopefully they do lose the WCC so that Horner gets a lesson at last this season…

Bill
Bill

CaribouBread wrote:
30 Jul 2024, 04:27
I'm not going to believe what they say until I see him on track at Zandvoort. I cannot believe it.
they have already given him a new two year contract so what's there to believe .redbull treats are just empty. Perez bring enough sponsorship to offset any losses in the constructors. The only losers here are team members whose bonuses depend on standing on constructors champ,so redbull should be careful they may lose staff members who want to make a quick buck

Bill
Bill

TeamKoolGreen wrote:
29 Jul 2024, 21:55
Bill wrote:
29 Jul 2024, 14:05
no offence to Alonso he is having problem handling stroll.like i usually say they are no super drivers in f1 but supercars. Lewis was floundering before merc sorted their car and some people were calling him washed. The bottom line is people perception of a driver is influence by car ,so redbull may as well take risk with young drivers. Their junior team is getting clogged up with older drivers because that conveyer belt is not moving.
Even Kimi Raikonen won a race in 2018. Doesn't mean he wasn't washed. Hamilton did nothing of note for 2 and a half seasons. Then got 2 lucky wins because his teammate either DNF or got DSQ. There's enough hamilton shilling to go around. Shouldn't be too much to ask to keep it out of the Red Bull thread
shilling? i was just giving an example

MYsee
MYsee

Tommy.G wrote:
30 Jul 2024, 09:54
Red Bull have been firing drivers all those years for way less dreadful performances than Perez! Just look at Albon and Gasly! So it’s probably Perez keeping something up his sleeve regarding Horner which doesn’t let Horner get rid of him…

There’s no other explanation! Hopefully they do lose the WCC so that Horner gets a lesson at last this season…
I can only guess but it seems they do not believe Yuki/Riccardo/Lawson are much of an upgrade over Perez and none of the three would make a difference to the results at the end of the season.

Maybe the plan is to revisit this in the summer and look at other options for a real upgrade.

Bill
Bill

lets not pretend like these has anything to do with driver performance or potential .yuki and daniel regularly outqualify or outrace perez while driving what is at best 6 or seventh fastest car.races like silverstone ,monaco comes to mind

venkyhere
venkyhere

Not giving Lawson a seat is criminal.
He impressed me more than piastri as a rookie. Properly matched Tsunoda on just 3 races or something.

Bill
Bill

venkyhere wrote:
30 Jul 2024, 15:13
Not giving Lawson a seat is criminal.
He impressed me more than piastri as a rookie. Properly matched Tsunoda on just 3 races or something.
[/q

that's misinformation. they were 5 races together and his last one in Qatar he was 0.5 tenth slower and finished last. These thing has been talked about for ages.