2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Paa wrote:
01 Aug 2024, 20:43
AR3-GP wrote:
01 Aug 2024, 19:09

Wheatley will take people with him to Audi.
Newey will also recall some people to his new team once that is announced.

That is going to hurt Red Bull further. The reality is that an F1 team cannot take so many hits and stay on top. When you combine this with all of the expenses due to the crashes of Perez, 2025 is going to be a difficult season for them. It is a Mclaren 2012 situation. Their driver eventually left for Mercedes. The similarities are uncanny.
They just as well can attract a high-profile employee from an other team who takes a bunch of smart guys with him. It works both ways.
I'm not saying this will happen or the team won't explode, just pointing out that total fall-down is not an inevitable necessity.
Good point. Maybe they are freeing up some budget cap as well... :lol:

I don't think the team is in a total fall down, but to take on Mercedes in the coming seasons, they will need to be in top form. If Ferrari signs Newey, the bar raises further.

Wouter

RacePaceDemon wrote:
01 Aug 2024, 20:44
Only thing about Max is that his abusive father has messed him up to the point

he feels he can't pursue his own ambitions!! He would rather be managing a GT3 team.
Over and over again here the same false accusations!! Max loves his dad above everyone else because he abused him. Sure! #-o

Reported. I hope the mods will finally do something about this!
The Power of Dreams!

catent

Wouter wrote:
01 Aug 2024, 21:39
RacePaceDemon wrote:
01 Aug 2024, 20:44
Only thing about Max is that his abusive father has messed him up to the point

he feels he can't pursue his own ambitions!! He would rather be managing a GT3 team.
Over and over again here the same false accusations!! Max loves his dad above everyone else because he abused him. Sure! #-o

Reported. I hope the mods will finally do something about this!
I mean, it's widely-reported and well-known that Jos was (is?) a verbally/emotionally (and potentially physically) abusive father; that's a matter of established fact.

The impact that has on Max's life, and how it has informed/affected his ambitions, passions, demeanor, and approach to life, is a deeply personal matter than only Max (and those closest to him) can discuss/navigate.

That said, there is nothing objectionable in saying Max has been on the receiving end of abuse from Jos, and there is nothing objectionable in saying that abuse deeply impacts people and causes trauma.

Alexf1
Alexf1

What a load of bullshit. There are no reports of Jos abusing Max. Be careful with these kind of hurtful false statements about people just to make a point

catent

Alexf1 wrote:
01 Aug 2024, 22:13
What a load of bullshit. There are no reports of Jos abusing Max. Be careful with these kind of hurtful false statements about people just to make a point
Max is on record as saying his dad has literally removed him from the car and forced him to walk home (or back to the hotel) by foot after disappointing race results as a child. And then there is all of this below.

There are absolutely reports of Jos abusing Max; as I said, it's a matter of established fact, from Max's and Jos' very own lips.

https://www.reddit.com/r/formuladank/co ... itting_max

https://www.reddit.com/r/formuladank/co ... ed_to_call

https://www.reddit.com/r/formuladank/co ... has_with_a

Wouter

catent wrote:
01 Aug 2024, 22:22
Alexf1 wrote:
01 Aug 2024, 22:13
Max is on record as saying his dad has literally removed him from the car and forced him to walk him by foot after disappointing race results as a child. And then there is all of this. There are absolutely reports of Jos abusing Max; as I said, it's a matter of established fact, from Max's and Jos' very own lips.

https://www.reddit.com/r/formuladank/co ... are_button

https://www.reddit.com/r/formuladank/co ... d_to_call/

https://www.reddit.com/r/formuladank/co ... as_with_a/
This is a HUGE lie!!!

Max his mum drove in her car 5 minutes behind Jos. Jos knew that! Jos turned his car and arrived at the same time as Max mum at the gasstation and Max chose to drive home with Jos. The whole way home they didn't speak to eachother!

Reddit is a very reliable source .... NOT!!
The Power of Dreams!

chrisc90

No idea how we are even discussing a situation ~20years ago in the 2024 team thread. Come on people. We can do better than that.

Paa

AR3-GP wrote:
01 Aug 2024, 20:58
Paa wrote:
01 Aug 2024, 20:43
AR3-GP wrote:
01 Aug 2024, 19:09

Wheatley will take people with him to Audi.
Newey will also recall some people to his new team once that is announced.

That is going to hurt Red Bull further. The reality is that an F1 team cannot take so many hits and stay on top. When you combine this with all of the expenses due to the crashes of Perez, 2025 is going to be a difficult season for them. It is a Mclaren 2012 situation. Their driver eventually left for Mercedes. The similarities are uncanny.
They just as well can attract a high-profile employee from an other team who takes a bunch of smart guys with him. It works both ways.
I'm not saying this will happen or the team won't explode, just pointing out that total fall-down is not an inevitable necessity.
Good point. Maybe they are freeing up some budget cap as well... :lol:

I don't think the team is in a total fall down, but to take on Mercedes in the coming seasons, they will need to be in top form. If Ferrari signs Newey, the bar raises further.
I guess with bunch of people leaving they'll have the budget to attract people to replace the ones just left.
But yeah, it is not ideal. Even if they can rebuild with new people, it can take 1-2 interim years to do so and Max (with Jos behind) probably won't wait for that long.

It is also possible that there are already lot of very talented people at RedBull(currently not in spotlight), waiting for this moment to be able to step up and they can just move up the ladder naturally. This would mean a much smoother transition and also relief in budget cap as well.
Not the most likely scenario, given how tense the team looks right now, but also not entirely impossible.

Henk_v
Henk_v

Wheatley has been very verbal about his ambitions. Don't forget they have been talking to porsche (owners of the VW group) . As soon as a whiff of a new team was around they knew Wheatley would have a go at it. I don't expect anybody at RB to he surprised and his succession has been aranged a while ago.

dans79

Max was abused, you can read the quotes yourselves!
https://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/33 ... verstappen

I forget what the proper term for it is, but an argument/negative interaction between a parent and a child followed by the highlighted below, is commonly referred to as conditional love! If it happens regularly, it can have a lot of detrimental affects!
"Of course, when we sat in the van, I wanted to talk to my dad about the incident", Verstappen says. "My dad said, 'Stop talking, I don't want to hear anything, just sit in the back, I don't want to hear anything about it'.

"But of course, I kept on trying to have a conversation until at one point he pulled off at a fuel station and said: 'Get out. Get out and I do not want to hear you anymore'.

"So he kicked me out and he drove off ... and this is in the south of Italy."

Jos has since explained that it was never his intention to just leave Max at the fuel station. He said he knew Max's mother was a few minutes behind on the road and that he had always planned to turn around and return. Jos' justification for leaving his son was that he was worried everything was coming so easily to Max in his karting career that he wouldn't learn from his mistakes.

Max takes up the story: "Luckily, my mum was there as well, so I called my mum and she was behind us on the motorway, so like five minutes later, she arrived.

"We were about to drive off and then my dad returned with the van and was like: 'Get in, but I do not want to hear a word'. Because my dad was with his at-the-time girlfriend, for sure she talked to him and said 'you cannot do that'.

"The whole trip home, which was 17 hours or something, we didn't talk. And then when we got home, I think he didn't talk to me for a full week. So I just went to school and did my things, but all the time when I would get back home, normally I would go to the workshop, but for one week I wasn't there and he was not talking to me.

"He was not doing anything racing wise, like not at the workshop, so yeah, for me it felt like a big reality check and punishment. And I realised I really f---ed up.
201 105 104 9 9 7

Alexf1
Alexf1

dans79 wrote:
02 Aug 2024, 16:03
Max was abused, you can read the quotes yourselves!
https://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/33 ... verstappen

I forget what the proper term for it is, but an argument/negative interaction between a parent and a child followed by the highlighted below, is commonly referred to as conditional love! If it happens regularly, it can have a lot of detrimental affects!
"Of course, when we sat in the van, I wanted to talk to my dad about the incident", Verstappen says. "My dad said, 'Stop talking, I don't want to hear anything, just sit in the back, I don't want to hear anything about it'.

"But of course, I kept on trying to have a conversation until at one point he pulled off at a fuel station and said: 'Get out. Get out and I do not want to hear you anymore'.

"So he kicked me out and he drove off ... and this is in the south of Italy."

Jos has since explained that it was never his intention to just leave Max at the fuel station. He said he knew Max's mother was a few minutes behind on the road and that he had always planned to turn around and return. Jos' justification for leaving his son was that he was worried everything was coming so easily to Max in his karting career that he wouldn't learn from his mistakes.

Max takes up the story: "Luckily, my mum was there as well, so I called my mum and she was behind us on the motorway, so like five minutes later, she arrived.

"We were about to drive off and then my dad returned with the van and was like: 'Get in, but I do not want to hear a word'. Because my dad was with his at-the-time girlfriend, for sure she talked to him and said 'you cannot do that'.

"The whole trip home, which was 17 hours or something, we didn't talk. And then when we got home, I think he didn't talk to me for a full week. So I just went to school and did my things, but all the time when I would get back home, normally I would go to the workshop, but for one week I wasn't there and he was not talking to me.

"He was not doing anything racing wise, like not at the workshop, so yeah, for me it felt like a big reality check and punishment. And I realised I really f---ed up.
This is definitely not amuse man, you can't even come up with a term for it in all your hast to join the party
Last edited by Alexf1 on 02 Aug 2024, 16:27, edited 1 time in total.

leblanc
leblanc

Re: child abuse allegations - Sharpshooting points does not indicate a trend, nor does it make a valid argument.

Let's let it go. Max and his father are both adults, now. Clearly, they have a relationship that works.

leblanc
leblanc

Alexf1 wrote:
02 Aug 2024, 16:26

This is not amuse man, you can't even come up with a term for it in all your hast to join the party
One can be inarticulate and still have a valid argument.

dans79

Alexf1 wrote:
This is definitely not amuse man, you can't even come up with a term for it in all your hast to join the party
Around here it's considered child abuse, and in some scenarios can lead to the state taking the child!
201 105 104 9 9 7

Alexf1
Alexf1

dans79 wrote:
02 Aug 2024, 16:32
Alexf1 wrote:
Around here it's considered child abuse, and in some scenarios can lead to the state taking the child!
All you would get is a case of slander