2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
yooogurt

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

deadhead wrote:
08 Aug 2024, 15:54
Wait so Newey basically said let me come and fix the team and Vassuer said no thanks, we like being a midfield player?
Yep, look like Vasseur wants total control over team and Newey wants total control over the technical part so that the TP cant influence it.
FORZA FERRARI!

scuderiabrandon

yooogurt wrote:
08 Aug 2024, 16:00
deadhead wrote:
Wait so Newey basically said let me come and fix the team and Vassuer said no thanks, we like being a midfield player?
Yep, look like Vasseur wants total control over team and Newey wants total control over the technical part so that the TP cant influence it.
Vasseur does not have the final say in this like you are pretending he does. The person that employ Fred does. Just like Zak Brown has veto power of Stella. It could also be a personal decision not to move to Italy, the nuances of the situation are still not known, so stop slating Ferrari and Fred as if you have the process documentation.

Let's also not pretend that the 2026 regs aren't shaping to be an engine reg cycle, at least for the first couple of years, something Newey will absolutely have no control over.

yooogurt

scuderiabrandon wrote:
08 Aug 2024, 17:35
Vasseur does not have the final say in this like you are pretending he does. The person that employ Fred does. Just like Zak Brown has veto power of Stella. It could also be a personal decision not to move to Italy, the nuances of the situation are still not known, so stop slating Ferrari and Fred as if you have the process documentation.
Of course Vasseur reported on such an important decision to his superior, just as Horner did when he made the decision to move Newey to hypercar, it doesnt work any other way.
But it is always possible to explain to the bosses and present the story for your own benefit. If he was okay with not having power over Newey, why would Elkann or Vigna be not okay with it?
FORZA FERRARI!

scuderiabrandon

yooogurt wrote:
08 Aug 2024, 17:53
scuderiabrandon wrote:
08 Aug 2024, 17:35
Of course Vasseur reported on such an important decision to his superior, just as Horner did when he made the decision to move Newey to hypercar, it doesnt work any other way.
But it is always possible to explain to the bosses and present the story for their own benefit. If he was okay with not having power over Newey, why would Elkann or Vigna be not okay with it?
Because critical information to be conclusive at this stage is still completely unknown. You are asking a question that can have a thousand different answers. Like I said, stop pretending you have all the necessary info to be making such strong statements.

yooogurt

scuderiabrandon wrote:
08 Aug 2024, 17:56
Because critical information to be conclusive at this stage is still completely unknown. You are asking a question that can have a thousand different answers. Like I said, stop pretending you have all the necessary info to be making such strong statements.
You will never know all the pieces of information, there will always be guesswork and logic that you favor.
And I didnt said that Im sure how it really is, just that it looks that way to me.
I expressed my point of view on this, and why cant I express it and communicate about it? Because you dont like it?
Its not good manners to tell someone what to talk about and how to talk about it.
FORZA FERRARI!

scuderiabrandon

yooogurt wrote:
08 Aug 2024, 18:10
scuderiabrandon wrote:
08 Aug 2024, 17:56
You will never know all the pieces of information, there will always be guesswork and logic that you favor.
And I didnt said that Im sure how it really is, just that it looks that way to me.
I expressed my point of view on this, and why cant I express it and communicate about it? Because you dont like it?
Its not good manners to tell someone what to talk about and how to talk about it.
You've done nothing but make wild assumptions. You've only discussed one stance on the situation, the one where you get to be mad at Vasseur and tell everyone how Ferrari will never be champions again.

You are glued to the idea that Vasseur has power struggles from the crumbs you've been fed by a single article. 2 weeks and we can discuss this topic with a lot less speculation.

yooogurt

scuderiabrandon wrote:
08 Aug 2024, 18:21
the one where you get to be mad at Vasseur and tell everyone how Ferrari will never be champions again.
Please quote where I said that, especially the second part. Its a false.
Dont like my assumptions? Then dont read them, but dont tell me what and how to discuss them either. Because it doesnt look nice that everyone should communicate and discuss only as you see fit.
FORZA FERRARI!

MTL79
MTL79

I personally don't believe any reports that indicate Vasseur has blocked the proposed signing. The negotiations happened above Vasseur's head (certainly with some input from him), but if the deal fell through, it will be principally because of negotiations with Elkann.

Vanja #66

MTL79 wrote:
08 Aug 2024, 22:40
I personally don't believe any reports that indicate Vasseur has blocked the proposed signing. The negotiations happened above Vasseur's head (certainly with some input from him), but if the deal fell through, it will be principally because of negotiations with Elkann.
Deal falls through because Newey asks the impossible and Italian media blames the French TP. Nobody's shocked...
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

Dream Theater

deadhead wrote:
LOL, these comments...
Can you please specify when the Scuderia Ferrari has ever been a midfield team, please?
I can only think of 2009, but so was Mclaren. Also, in that year the controversy of the double deck diffuser was so big that I don't blame them for not nailing that grey area.

Anyway, I'm glad Newey (as it seems right now) won't come to Ferrari. I never believed in an one man army. As greatly summarized by Vanja, if those are really his requests to join Ferrari that means that he's not the right man, since he clearly isn't understanding Scuderia Ferrari spiritual and structural philosophy.

Watto
Watto

Dream Theater wrote:
09 Aug 2024, 02:33
deadhead wrote:
LOL, these comments...
Can you please specify when the Scuderia Ferrari has ever been a midfield team, please?
I can only think of 2009, but so was Mclaren. Also, in that year the controversy of the double deck diffuser was so big that I don't blame them for not nailing that grey area.

Anyway, I'm glad Newey (as it seems right now) won't come to Ferrari. I never believed in an one man army. As greatly summarized by Vanja, if those are really his requests to join Ferrari that means that he's not the right man, since he clearly isn't understanding Scuderia Ferrari spiritual and structural philosophy.
Or perhaps he does understand and thats a concern to him. He has often left teams in the past when things have become too conflicted. And perhaps can see that as an issue here. Ferrari are within their rights to have overall control. Just as much I guess is Newey if he was putting out demands. He is in a position where he can put out his demands and wee who is more willing to comply.with all/as many of them as possible.

scuderiabrandon

Teams consist of over 1000 employees nowadays.
Grey areas are being shutdown mid-season more than they ever have, so creativity is being suppressed.
We're potentially moving back to an engine reg in 2026 with biofuels being another big factor in vehicle performance.
Removal of MGU-H's means more emphasis needs to be put on power delivery and driveability at low speed.
Tyres are the undisputed number one performance differentiator.
Chassis regs are only becoming more restrictive with each reg cycle.

Would I rather have Newey? Absolutely, but I wouldn't splurge the kind of figures that are going around when his influence is only getting less with each reg cycle. That money in fact can hire dozens of 1st and 2nd tier engineers. Newey is an accomplished design engineer and has the right to have such demands. It is a natural step up from his current position with a bit more spice, but pay attention to who is meeting his demands. None of the top teams. The potential downsides to such a deal are just as big as the potential upsides.

f1isgood
f1isgood

Is Newey even on the market for sure?

Watto
Watto

f1isgood wrote:
09 Aug 2024, 12:14
Is Newey even on the market for sure?
I think he is yes. But I've also been of the opinion that if he doesn't get terms that suit him - that may not be everything he asks for - he could easily walk away. He doesn't really need the money. Its all about if he can find a team that suits if not then....

FDD
FDD

mika vs michael wrote:
08 Aug 2024, 15:44
bhall II wrote:
08 Aug 2024, 04:07
Xyz22 wrote:
07 Aug 2024, 21:28

Scuderia Ferrari impact on overall Ferrari value as a company is close to 0.
My hope is that someone somewhere decided that beating Newey would be more rewarding than hiring him. That's a philosophical argument I can get behind.
Otherwise... :?
Ferrari at the moment not only it can't beat Newey, it loses to McLaren and Mercedes. Maybe if Newey ends up to Aston Martin then will lose to AM as well.
Let's wait and see. Lewis Hamilton and Newey as a combo sounds a bit like the Michael Schumacher Ross Brawn combo.
Vasseur could be a Jean Todt...
Rory Byrne