2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
TNTHead

Re: 2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

Lawson to replace Ricciardo next season.

djos

TNTHead wrote:
07 Aug 2024, 23:05
Lawson to replace Ricciardo next season.
Perez has 3-4 races to prove himself, chances are he’ll crash to New lows and Daniel will replace him. Then Liam will get called up to RB early.

Seems like a win win to me.
"In downforce we trust"

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

Jurgen von Diaz wrote:
11 Aug 2024, 17:21
Tsunoda should be in the Red Bull seat.

From Motorsport.com:
Supertimes gaps for the 10 team-mate pairings so far in 2024

To get a clearer view of the drivers’ actual speed, we’ve looked at supertimes. Supertimes are based on the fastest single lap by each driver at each race weekend, expressed as a percentage of the fastest single lap overall and averaged over the season.
This normally means qualifying and also has the benefit of largely (though not entirely) eradicating a driver struck with a problem or misfortune in a given session because it takes into account the whole weekend. It’s not perfect – it gives us no steer on how consistent a driver is over a race stint, for example – but for raw speed, it can be enlightening.

1. Gasly-Ocon 0.015%
2. Russell-Hamilton 0.101%
3. Leclerc-Sainz 0.134%
4. Norris-Piastri 0.185%
5. Tsunoda-Ricciardo 0.196%
6. Alonso-Stroll 0.211%
7. Hulkenberg-Magnussen 0.426%
8. Bottas-Zhou 0.643%
9. Albon-Sargeant 0.675%
10. Verstappen-Perez 0.953%

It should be noted that the gap between Tsunoda and Ricciardo has been closing in recent GPs.
The first thing to note is how remarkably close Alpine drivers Pierre Gasly and Esteban Ocon are.
The Power of Dreams!

Jurgen von Diaz

It should be noted that the gap between Tsunoda and Ricciardo has been closing in recent GPs.

Tsunoda is never a contender for Red Bull, but when Ricciardo gets near Tsunoda, oh yes, Daniel should be considered for the Red Bull seat. It's a yoke.

djos

Jurgen von Diaz wrote:
11 Aug 2024, 17:54

Tsunoda is never a contender for Red Bull, but when Ricciardo gets near Tsunoda, oh yes, Daniel should be considered for the Red Bull seat. It's a yoke.
There’s no doubt Yuki is super fast, but he still needs to work on himself. That outburst at his engineer in Belgium during Q1, shows he still has some work to do.
"In downforce we trust"

Jurgen von Diaz

djos wrote:
Jurgen von Diaz wrote:

There’s no doubt Yuki is super fast, but he still needs to work on himself. That outburst at his engineer in Belgium during Q1, shows he still has some work to do.
And the other thing is, when Verstappen and Tsunoda are shouting on the radio, the conclusion is Tsunoda needs to chill, but Verstappen may carry on because he is a champion. Horner even defended Verstappen after his outburst. It's just Horner's policy that he doesn't want Tsunoda in Red Bull's seat, no matter what. But when Ricciardo shows a smile, he is a contender right away.

djos

Jurgen von Diaz wrote:
12 Aug 2024, 06:42
djos wrote:
Jurgen von Diaz wrote:

And the other thing is, when Verstappen and Tsunoda are shouting on the radio, the conclusion is Tsunoda needs to chill, but Verstappen may carry on because he is a champion. Horner even defended Verstappen after his outburst. It's just Horner's policy that he doesn't want Tsunoda in Red Bull's seat, no matter what. But when Ricciardo shows a smile, he is a contender right away.
Maybe RedBull don’t want two drivers carrying on like that. Max should grow up too IMO.
"In downforce we trust"

djos

Daniel has some really positive things to say about Yuki;
"I think now he's definitely getting probably the credit that he deserves," Ricciardo stated in an exclusive interview with Motorsport.com.

"Probably a lot of people still think about his first year where he made a lot of mistakes, and it felt like his adjustment into Formula 1, it just felt like maybe he couldn't really adjust and it was all a bit too much.

"[In 2021 and 2022, Pierre] Gasly was consistently beating him, but then I remember the second half of that year, he actually started to probably have a better showing than Gasly.

"He's definitely grown a lot in the last couple of years. So yes, he's fast. Do I rate him? I do. He's probably become a bit more aware of his attitude as well. I think he's doing a really good job."
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ricc ... /10644070/
"In downforce we trust"

Wouter

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/bayer ... /10644406/
Exclusive: Tsunoda will be considered for Red Bull promotion if he keeps performing - Bayer

Tsunoda may have been overlooked for a Red Bull spot this year, but he remains in the picture for 2025

“Helmut [Marko, Red Bull's motorsport advisor] said it himself, in German you say a swallow doesn't make a summer,” Bayer told Autosport. “What it means is that if Yuki keeps racing on this level consistently, he will be considered for a seat in Red Bull Racing.

RB team principal Laurent Mekies has rated Tsunoda’s improvement in his fourth year in F1 as “phenomenal” and has admired his ambition to move up to Red Bull.

“You expect a lot of things from a young guy between the first and the second year, maybe between the second and the third year,” Mekies said. “But you don't expect that sort of phenomenal step between third and fourth, so - yes, he's faster. Yes, he's calmer. Yes, he's better integrating the team, better feedback, hopefully happy!

“But seriously, he has been a reference point in the way that he gets out of the garage on Friday FP1 - and, bang: the first lap, he is there.

Mekies added: “Yuki is a Red Bull driver. He must have the ambition to drive for Red Bull Racing. If he doesn't have that - it's wrong.

“I hope and I trust that he wants more than anything else to drive that car to win races. We also try to help him developing him in that way. So that's what the business is.

“Was he fully happy to extend with us to drive for us next year? Yes, [and] it's a question for him but because what he tells us is that he is mega ambitious, he can see a team [that] is mega ambitious and the fit is obviously working.

“It helps him develop, he has paid us back with quite [an] incredible level of performance.”
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

The summerstop is finally over!!

20 August 2024 We go back on track this weekend for the Dutch Grand Prix in Zandvoort

Jody Egginton (Technical Director)

“Zandvoort presents some different challenges, but we have a solid baseline to take in this race, which, combined with a couple of further minor updates, should allow us to continue to fight towards the front. The circuit is a testing ‘Old School’ circuit ranking amongst the shorter circuits on the calendar with 14 corners of various types, combined with short straights with various cambers and many gravel traps, which will punish even the smallest of errors. Achieving a good qualifying is very important here. With regards to the race, as it has been the case for the majority of races this season, we expect a tough fight with our closest competitors for points and we are looking forward to the battle in what is going to be a very intense second half of the season.”

Yuki Tsunoda #22

“I enjoyed the break and now I’m all set to go racing again. I went back to Japan and had a great time catching up with friends and my family, something I don’t get the chance to do very often during the season. After that, I’ve been back in Italy, doing a training programme, with plenty of cycling and even some wakeboarding. Now it’s time for Zandvoort, a unique challenge with its tight, twisty track and its banked corners. We had a strong finish to the first part of the season, so I want to keep that momentum going from now on.”

Daniel Ricciardo #3

“It’s been a great summer break. I got back to Australia to see some friends and family, so I’m feeling recharged, fit and healthy. I’m looking forward to getting back to Zandvoort. Obviously last year it’s where my year turned upside down, but until the accident with Oscar, I was really enjoying the circuit, the car was great around there. I’m confident we can continue where we left off before the break, our momentum was strong and we’re definitely in the fight for some points.”
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

Finally!!!

https://www.kleinezeitung.at/sport/moto ... r-in-einem
Helmut Marko stellt klar: „Liam Lawson sitzt 2025 ganz sicher in einem unserer Autos“
From "The Kleine Zeitung":

Helmut Marko makes it clear: "Liam Lawson will definitely be in one of our cars in 2025"

Almost a year ago, on August 27, 2023, Liam Lawson competed in his first Formula 1 Grand Prix in Zandvoort. True to the motto "unexpected things often happen", the New Zealander took over for the injured Daniel Ricciardo and convinced those responsible in the bull stable so thoroughly in the following three races that he is still a hot topic in the premier class of motorsport a year later at the Dutch Grand Prix.

"Next year he will be in one of our cars," confirmed the Graz native before the Dutch Grand Prix. In which one will probably become clear in the coming weeks.

Because it cannot be ruled out that Lawson will make the big jump to the "top team". Sergio Perez is allowed to continue for the time being, as those responsible are hoping for a return to his old strength in the second half of the season. "If 'Checo' can consistently bring his normal speed, we will be satisfied. But he always has these fluctuations somewhere, whether in qualifying or a certain part of the race. The consistency is not there, that's the problem."
The Power of Dreams!

djos

Some of the speculation seems to now be leaning towards Yuki getting a RBR drive, with Daniel staying at RB to help develop young drivers, eg Lawson.

Eg
"In downforce we trust"

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

djos

Tough day for the team with both drivers unhappy with the car.

Yuki managed to drag 3/10ths extra out of the car (compared to Daniel) in that final Q1 run which was very impressive. Especially considering on the previous run they were separated by mere 100ths!

Getting points seems pretty unlikely this weekend. :(

https://www.visacashapprb.com/en/2024-d ... ualifying/
Yuki Tsunoda #22
Third Practice Session – Best lap: NTS, pos. 19th, 4 laps
Qualifying – Best lap: (Q1) 1:11.603, (Q2) 1:10.955, pos. 13th

“I’m definitely disappointed, it feels like we stepped down quite a lot from FP2. I was happy with my lap, but for whatever reason we lacked quite a lot of pace compared to what we had. I thought we’d go through quite easily, but even in Q1 we struggled quite a lot, and it was pretty tight to get P10, so we’ll have to revise what happened. It’s not too bad of a place to start to score points, the last two days has been very inconsistent weather and we saw from last year in the race anything can happen, so I’ll try my best.”

Daniel Ricciardo #3
Third Practice Session – Best lap: 1:25.433, pos. 18th, 7 laps
Qualifying – Best lap: (Q1) 1:11.943, pos. 16th

“It was definitely tricky out there in a windy day and with generally tough conditions. It was really hard to put a clean lap together in qualifying, and I just felt that I was probably struggling a little bit more than maybe some others. We found things in the setup last night that were encouraging coming into today, but unfortunately, we were not quick enough and just very much on a knife edge. I was sliding with the rear out of some turns so I had to take a bit of margin, but in doing that we were slow because I couldn’t push as much as I would have liked to, and that is where I felt I couldn’t get the lap out of it. Being out in Q1 doesn’t help ahead of tomorrow as it’s a narrow circuit and not one of those notorious for easily overtaking, but let’s see what happens.”
"In downforce we trust"