2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
KimiRai
KimiRai

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Loic Serra will be TD according to formu1a.uno.

scuderiabrandon

KimiRai wrote:
13 Aug 2024, 12:35
chassis, tyres, suspension.

Exactly the lead we need.

Vanja #66

scuderiabrandon wrote:
13 Aug 2024, 12:59

Last TD with background in suspension and vehicle dynamics? Aldo Costa 2007-2011. Sacking him was di Montezemolo's biggest disgrace
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

scuderiabrandon

Vanja #66 wrote:
13 Aug 2024, 13:06
scuderiabrandon wrote:

Last TD with background in suspension and vehicle dynamics? Aldo Costa 2007-2011. Sacking him was di Montezemolo's biggest disgrace
Vasseur is calculated, time with prove this. A lot of people will be eating their words.

deadhead

scuderiabrandon wrote:
13 Aug 2024, 13:45
Vanja #66 wrote:
13 Aug 2024, 13:06
scuderiabrandon wrote:

Vasseur is calculated, time with prove this. A lot of people will be eating their words.
He certainly miscalculated with bringing Washe from RB...

Vanja #66

scuderiabrandon wrote:
Vasseur is very experienced and successful in previous roles, his company Spark Race Tech exclusively supplies Formula E chasses to teams and they are involved with Extreme E class and other projects too. Again, the idea that any person of his vast motorsport experience would withold some powers within Ferrari (of all teams!) and decline signing up Newey is completely insane.

deadhead wrote:
13 Aug 2024, 17:17
How was that miscalculated?

#BlessYouLaddie

MTL79
MTL79

Wait what? When did Ferrari announce they signed Waché??? did I miss something?

RacePaceDemon

MTL79 wrote:
13 Aug 2024, 22:32
Wait what? When did Ferrari announce they signed Waché??? did I miss something?
I think they mean that he failed to sign Pierre Waché last year. But considering some of the other signings he's made it is old news now really.
"Insert pseudo-intellectual quote so people on the car threads take me seriously ;)"

KimiRai
KimiRai

KimiRai wrote:
Also, what does this mean for "Mister X"? Is it not happening? I wonder who was he supposed to be

Chuckjr

scuderiabrandon wrote:
13 Aug 2024, 09:02
Chuckjr wrote:
13 Aug 2024, 08:27
scuderiabrandon wrote:
12 Aug 2024, 13:54
Let's not forget his alleged salary of 100m Euro for a 3-year period. Surely that amount of money is better spent on a dozen other engineers no?
How many Tom Brady’s are there?
How many Steve Jobs?
How many James Hetfield’s?
How many Michael Schumacher's?
How many Adrian Newey’s?

Players can be hired but artistic genius cannot be replaced with numbers.
Ferrari will regret it if they let him walk.
This is the sensationalist BS I talk about.
Lol. Not really pal. :) Believing Ferrari is better off without Newey, or can hire an entourage of others to replace him, is the exact kind of senselessness BS that explicates why they continue to fail now 16 years and counting…
Watching F1 since 1986.

deadhead

Vanja #66 wrote:
13 Aug 2024, 17:48
scuderiabrandon wrote:
Vasseur is very experienced and successful in previous roles, his company Spark Race Tech exclusively supplies Formula E chasses to teams and they are involved with Extreme E class and other projects too. Again, the idea that any person of his vast motorsport experience would withold some powers within Ferrari (of all teams!) and decline signing up Newey is completely insane.

deadhead wrote:
13 Aug 2024, 17:17
How was that miscalculated?
I meant that he was very keen on signing him, and for some reason, it didn't happen, so 'miscalculated' might not be the correct term. However, to claim that he has a hidden or brilliant plan and to believe blindly that he will take this team to a championship is quite naive. I have seen no evidence of that happening thus far.

Vanja #66

Seanspeed wrote:
14 Aug 2024, 01:51
OR, the rumors about his involvement with Ferrari were simply never true to begin with.

An entirely and equally possible situation. We really just dont know.

There's actually a number of other possible situations, but the reality is we're likely to never know.

One thing completely unsurprising is you trying to spin literally anything as positive for Ferrari. You're like the Rasputin of the Ferrari community.
When you follow the sport long enough, you figure the patterns. There were too many details in various media who have different sources within the team, for it all to be a completely made up story. The situation is what it is, there's nothing positive or negative about. Newey deciding not to join is a neutral thing, Newey deciding to leave RBR is a good thing for other teams and Newey joining AMR or Williams or other midfield team is a short-medium term good thing for leading teams

Is the Rasputin reference supposed to be an insult or something? :lol:

deadhead wrote:
14 Aug 2024, 04:49
I meant that he was very keen on signing him, and for some reason, it didn't happen, so 'miscalculated' might not be the correct term. However, to claim that he has a hidden or brilliant plan and to believe blindly that he will take this team to a championship is quite naive. I have seen no evidence of that happening thus far.
Binotto also wanted to bring him in. Horner was very keen to keep him in both cases. Wache felt it's better for him to stay, Cardille felt it's better to move to another team. They are people, they have their own interests and more times than not there's nothing you can reasonably offer to make them decide to move.

As for Vasseur, I was doubious he will make a positive change at first. When he made some good moves last year, I started learning about him and you immediately understand he knows motorsport from every angle, for many decades now. Compared to Binotto, Arrivabene and Domenicalli he's a more experienced professional, either in age or in different motorsport involvement. Whether it will be enough or not is yet to be seen, the target they set is title fight in 2026. Cars next year will probably be even closer than now, so driver quality will be even more important

#BlessYouLaddie

jrdls
jrdls

KimiRai wrote:
14 Aug 2024, 00:04
KimiRai wrote:
Also, what does this mean for "Mister X"? Is it not happening? I wonder who was he supposed to be
My guess (not that anyone cares) is that Mister X is Loïc Serra, despite some news outlets reporting that it would not be him. He is on gardening leave, his last name has 5 letters and he's a well-known engineer in f1 circles. Heck, I would even speculate that Cardile took AM's offer because FV intended to put Serra above him.
There's also the possibility that Mister X could be Newey, but I don't think FV wanted him to be TD. I believe he wanted Newey to be his CTO with the freedom he enjoyed at RBR.

KimiRai
KimiRai

jrdls wrote:
14 Aug 2024, 17:53
KimiRai wrote:
14 Aug 2024, 00:04
KimiRai wrote:
My guess (not that anyone cares) is that Mister X is Loïc Serra, despite some news outlets reporting that it would not be him. He is on gardening leave, his last name has 5 letters and he's a well-known engineer in f1 circles. Heck, I would even speculate that Cardile took AM's offer because FV intended to put Serra above him.
There's also the possibility that Mister X could be Newey, but I don't think FV wanted him to be TD. I believe he wanted Newey to be his CTO with the freedom he enjoyed at RBR.
Of course I care! You make good arguments. Yes, perhaps that's the case.

Sevach
Sevach

Perhaps when he said the "5 letter name" he was optimistic about landing Newey, thinking only details were missing.
But then the conditions kept getting bigger and other names with power started not liking that.

Or maybe Newey is coming.