2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
mika vs michael
mika vs michael

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Ross Brawn should have become Ferrari team principal...but...
Newey could massively help the team with the 2026 rule change. It's been 16 years since the last WCc and 17 since the last WDC...it needed 21 years a Michael Schumacher as driver Ross Brawn Rory Byrne to help the team win again in 1999 and 2000 titles. If Newey is among the best if not the best I would get him but I think his demands may have conflicted with Vasseur certain choices...Newey is definitely a more proven figure than Vasseur in F1.
"It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal." Stirling Moss

I tried this and I had understeer, I tried that and I had oversteer, at the end of the corner I just run out of talent

dialtone
dialtone

Well, with the news that RedBull has been cheating, probably since 2022 when from one weekend to the other in pre-season their car went from crap to insane with the change in "rear suspension", it's safe to say this team got robbed one WDC, maybe 2 WCC. All of this on top of the already found out budget cap violation thanks to the excessive number of sandwiches consumed at parties.

When Ferrari had the engine saga the calls were for complete DSQ and removal of points, and nobody could believe how Ferrari "got away with it" (as red bull put it back then).

Hypocrisy is one of the things that I can stand the least, absolutely disgusting behavior. People can say what they want about Ferrari's leadership but they are not like this, and I will take what we have every single day of the week.

deadhead

dialtone wrote:
16 Aug 2024, 05:12
Well, with the news that RedBull has been cheating, probably since 2022 when from one weekend to the other in pre-season their car went from crap to insane with the change in "rear suspension", it's safe to say this team got robbed one WDC, maybe 2 WCC. All of this on top of the already found out budget cap violation thanks to the excessive number of sandwiches consumed at parties.

When Ferrari had the engine saga the calls were for complete DSQ and removal of points, and nobody could believe how Ferrari "got away with it" (as red bull put it back then).

Hypocrisy is one of the things that I can stand the least, absolutely disgusting behavior. People can say what they want about Ferrari's leadership but they are not like this, and I will take what we have every single day of the week.
But something big like this should show in the telemetry somehow? I still don’t buy it but I do agree with you their car made a huge leap in 2022 Bahrain testing

yooogurt

deadhead wrote:
16 Aug 2024, 07:32
But something big like this should show in the telemetry somehow?
FORZA FERRARI!

Vanja #66

It's illegak since late 90s, there's no gray area, Albano is not taking this into account
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

yooogurt

Vanja #66 wrote:
16 Aug 2024, 11:07
It's illegak since late 90s, there's no gray area, Albano is not taking this into account
The valve ban will only appear in Zandvoort, but RB problems supposedly started in Miami because of it.
HUH?
FORZA FERRARI!

scuderiabrandon

Vanja #66 wrote:
16 Aug 2024, 11:07
It got clarified in the regulations in the latest iteration. I would assume that is because there was a grey area.

CMSMJ1
CMSMJ1

keep it on Ferrari Team please - there's a thread for talking about the whys and wherefores of the split braking - let's have that discussion in there -thanks :)
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

Seanspeed
Seanspeed

Vanja #66 wrote:
14 Aug 2024, 12:51
When you follow the sport long enough, you figure the patterns.
See, I've come to the opposite conclusion. The more experienced I become in following F1, the more I've realized how flimsy so much of the reporting is around it, and that we should never put too much stock in the rumors that float about. Truth is - we simply dont know, and there's not a whole lot more that can be said about it without diving into a simple willingness to believe rather than any substantive arguments you can make for it.

Like, you say there were 'too many details', but anybody with a little effort and creativity can draw up details to make a story seem more plausible. It's really not that difficult.

I agree Newey leaving Red Bull is good for all the other big teams though, no doubt. So long as he doesn't go to like Mercedes or Mclaren or something. lol

As for the Rasputin thing, not sure if it's really that much of an insult, just that you spend a lot of time here trying to authoritatively shape the narrative around Ferrari to make everything sound like it's going fine. You're obviously entitled to your opinion, but it comes across a little too blindly optimistic at times for me. Honestly, it was a throwaway comment, and the comparison doesn't really fit that well on second thought. My bad.

f1316
f1316

Apparently the proper “fix” for the new floor will come in Holland: https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-fe ... /10645722/

According to the article, they’ve changed the flow structure. You’d imagine in principle that, if this works, they’ll get the downforce boost they expected in Barcelona (presuming there weren’t significant compromises required in these new flow structures); if so, it’ll be interesting to see what that equates to in terms of lap time.

Of course, while they’ve been fixing that, the others will be moving on, so the goalposts may have changed.

Vanja #66

Good effort, it was reported no upgrades or new parts before Monza. It could be another simple change of rear boat kick, from lateral to a new shape, maybe combined lateral and vertical local expansion for a bit more downforce boost

#BlessYouLaddie

deadhead

Space-heat
Space-heat

Formula Uno seem to be hedging nothing until Monza - https://formu1a.uno/it/ferrari-e-questi ... voluzione/
At Ferrari, the latest updated technical documentation is stuck on July 31st and, according to our information, the red car will not have any new parts on Dutch soil. The development of the car will in fact resume at the same time as the championship restarts.

The fund brought to Hungary was a run for cover, using entirely virtual CFD models . The real step to climb to find efficient load should come with the updates scheduled for Monza and, above all, with the package that will be introduced later, between Baku and Singapore .
Be interesting to see who is correct.

scuderiabrandon

Space-heat wrote:
20 Aug 2024, 11:00
Formula Uno seem to be hedging nothing until Monza - https://formu1a.uno/it/ferrari-e-questi ... voluzione/
At Ferrari, the latest updated technical documentation is stuck on July 31st and, according to our information, the red car will not have any new parts on Dutch soil. The development of the car will in fact resume at the same time as the championship restarts.

The fund brought to Hungary was a run for cover, using entirely virtual CFD models . The real step to climb to find efficient load should come with the updates scheduled for Monza and, above all, with the package that will be introduced later, between Baku and Singapore .
Be interesting to see who is correct.
Seriously? I think we know who is more likely to be wrong :lol:

Vanja #66

formu1a.uno team was also completely wrong about configurations for Hungary and Spa, while Nugnes announced updates before Vasseur confirmed there will be changes in Hungary. If the team made the Hungary change to the floor based on CFD alone, they could have easily found more useful downforce with further geometry improvement and CFD testing.

To bring a small update like this to a track of any kind, you need at least 2-3 days to make the tools, lay down the laminate, cure the parts and finally bond the new bits to existing floor in exactly the right place. Shipping is one more day, so they had about 1 week available between Silverstone and Hungary for design and simulations before the new bits got approved. Since that first week there were 2 more weeks by the end of Spa weekend and 1 more week after Ferragosto to extract the maximum from an interim update. Quite feasible to bring another small change to Netherlands and 2-stage update package later in Monza and Singapore

#BlessYouLaddie