2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Vanja #66

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Very important job was done over the two weeks of F1 break in Maranello, the wind tunnel moving floor thread was upgraded and should allow better correlation at extremely low ride heights in wind tunnel. Importance of such an upgrade can't be emphasised enough for the rest of this season and especially 2025

https://scuderiafans.com/ferrari-marane ... mer-break/

With the old metallic rolling road, as well as with less extreme solutions from recent years, the wind tunnel operators had to avoid pushing the search for minimal ground clearance too far. Any contact with the floor, which on the track produces spectacular sparks, could cause serious damage to the model, slowing down the development program and delaying the introduction of potential new aerodynamic update packages.

Thanks to the latest “plastic” materials, it’s now possible to have a rolling road that is highly resistant to wear, considering that the metallic matrix had almost zero wear and with a surface free of micro-roughness. This allows for cleaner airflow under the model, enabling the floor to be closer to the ground.

Wind tunnel investigations have become increasingly precise, with very complex aerodynamic maps. While research was once limited to studying the model facing the airflow head-on, it now includes analyzing the car’s behavior during yaw, with steering angles, simulating the car in a corner.

Red Bull was the first team to adopt an advanced rolling road, followed by McLaren. The Woking team initially used Toyota’s wind tunnel in Cologne but has made impressive progress since utilizing its new wind tunnel in Woking. The MCL38 is now considered the benchmark car of the moment.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

Xyz22
Xyz22

AR3-GP wrote:
22 Aug 2024, 01:11
Vasseur concedes that while the next race on the calendar, the Dutch Grand Prix, could be a case of damage limitation, they should be in for a good run after that in Italy, Azerbaijan and Singapore.

“We have a good sequence of tracks for us with Monza, Baku, Singapore… I think these are good tracks for the characteristics of the car,” he told the media including PlanetF1.com.
https://www.motorsportweek.com/2024/07/ ... mer-break/

I think the end of the year is interesting and Ferrari is not out of the running in the WCC. They've managed to do a lot of damage limitation since Spain, and they are only 63 points behind 1st in the WCC. With the right updates, anything can happen in the WCC.
RB is not the main WCC rival.

yooogurt

Vanja #66 wrote:
22 Aug 2024, 12:06
Very important job was done over the two weeks of F1 break in Maranello, the wind tunnel moving floor thread was upgraded and should allow better correlation at extremely low ride heights in wind tunnel. Importance of such an upgrade can't be emphasised enough for the rest of this season and especially 2025
Hmm, why is Duchessa from formula uno laughing at this news?

ps. and here's what formula uno wrote about modernizing the aero tunnel:
F1 activities will resume on the Monday before the Dutch Grand Prix, an update for the wind tunnel is almost ready in Maranello, this will be able to provide more data on lateral flow and the front end, for example on the effects of deformation of the front tire profiles. Not surprisingly, it is said that the most sensitive part to change on these cars is the design of the front wing.
https://formu1a.uno/it/ferrari-serra-sa ... -galleria/
FORZA FERRARI!

Vanja #66

yooogurt wrote:
22 Aug 2024, 12:46
Who cares?
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

mwillems

yooogurt wrote:
Vanja #66 wrote:
22 Aug 2024, 12:06

ps. and here's what formula uno wrote about modernizing the aero tunnel:
F1 activities will resume on the Monday before the Dutch Grand Prix, an update for the wind tunnel is almost ready in Maranello, this will be able to provide more data on lateral flow and the front end, for example on the effects of deformation of the front tire profiles. Not surprisingly, it is said that the most sensitive part to change on these cars is the design of the front wing.
https://formu1a.uno/it/ferrari-serra-sa ... -galleria/
This is interesting. It is this management of the lateral flow that has played a strong part in allowing Mclaren to create a better platform at the front of the car and contributed towards their much improved slow corner ability. The tyre deformation was part of it, but so was the impact of the airflow mid corner when some for the airflow is no longer conditioned by the front wing as it is beginning to hit the car laterally. This is more to do with the slower corners where the car isn't punching a hole through the air.

Speaking as a Mclaren fan, I hope the tunnel breaks, as that will potentially offer a good set of data if the front isn't dealing with these conditions well :D
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

KimiRai
KimiRai

scuderiabrandon

Sainz: "We will have no updates here in Holland."

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Xyz22 wrote:
22 Aug 2024, 12:19
AR3-GP wrote:
Vasseur concedes that while the next race on the calendar, the Dutch Grand Prix, could be a case of damage limitation, they should be in for a good run after that in Italy, Azerbaijan and Singapore.

“We have a good sequence of tracks for us with Monza, Baku, Singapore… I think these are good tracks for the characteristics of the car,” he told the media including PlanetF1.com.

I think the end of the year is interesting and Ferrari is not out of the running in the WCC. They've managed to do a lot of damage limitation since Spain, and they are only 63 points behind 1st in the WCC. With the right updates, anything can happen in the WCC.
I said with updates, anything can happen. If Ferrari had succeeded with the Spain update, they would have been on leading pace. It shows that they are only 1 update away. These cars are very sensitive.

ing.

yooogurt wrote:
Maybe because that tweet talks about a ‘rubber’ rolling road surface while metal matrix composite and ‘plastic’ are mentioned elsewhere and he’s being pedantic. 🤷🏻‍♂️

At the end of the day, just hopeful that the change brings the expected advantages.

jambuka
jambuka

So who is the TD that Vasseur had said would be finalized post summer break ?

Xyz22
Xyz22

AR3-GP wrote:
22 Aug 2024, 16:26
Xyz22 wrote:
AR3-GP wrote:

I said with updates, anything can happen. If Ferrari had succeeded with the Spain update, they would have been on leading pace. It shows that they are only 1 update away. These cars are very sensitive.
McLaren is in another league.

Luscion
Luscion

Xyz22 wrote:
22 Aug 2024, 18:15
AR3-GP wrote:
22 Aug 2024, 16:26
Xyz22 wrote:

McLaren is in another league.
I think Merc is a good example of how quickly things can change and how unpredictable the season can be, they started the season in no man's land being 4th fastest, too slow for the top 3, fast enough to keep everyone else well behind them. then they started getting poles, podiums and winning races, something i myself didnt see happening. Dont see why Ferrari cant do the same

yooogurt

jambuka wrote:
22 Aug 2024, 18:08
So who is the TD that Vasseur had said would be finalized post summer break ?
I guess we'll have to wait for Monza
FORZA FERRARI!

deadhead

Leclerc: "The SF-24 lacks overall performance, we don't have a specific problem. The updates that will arrive will make us take a step forward but until then we have to collect the maximum and lose as little as possible"

Xyz22
Xyz22

deadhead wrote:
22 Aug 2024, 23:13
Leclerc: "The SF-24 lacks overall performance, we don't have a specific problem. The updates that will arrive will make us take a step forward but until then we have to collect the maximum and lose as little as possible"
Hopefully in time for at least Baku