2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
OnEcRiTiCaL
OnEcRiTiCaL

Re: 2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

Nikosar wrote:
23 Aug 2024, 18:43
Ferrari does not seem to be hiding and seems to be struggling maybe maybe we can fight for a little more than P10 this time
Leclerc on medium still was faster than Aston on soft,so I wouldn't be sure about that.

diffuser

KimiRai wrote:
23 Aug 2024, 17:28
According to The Race Newey is yet to formally accept the offer made by Stroll, no contract is believed to have been signed so far (so reports from Italy that he had already signed could be fake)

https://www.the-race.com/formula-1/adri ... structure/
:-({|=

diffuser

OnEcRiTiCaL wrote:
23 Aug 2024, 19:09
Nikosar wrote:
23 Aug 2024, 18:43
Ferrari does not seem to be hiding and seems to be struggling maybe maybe we can fight for a little more than P10 this time
Leclerc on medium still was faster than Aston on soft,so I wouldn't be sure about that.
Not sure what you're talking about.

diffuser

KimiRai wrote:
23 Aug 2024, 17:59
Big Gun wrote:
23 Aug 2024, 17:14
How was race pace?
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GVrYnt5XkAA ... =4096x4096

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GVrZy6wWwAA ... name=large

Maybe it's not related, but interesting that since Spa top speed isn't as good as it used to be earlier in the season. More loaded setups perhaps, which could help with tyre wear?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GVrZy6yXQAA ... name=large
SPA and Netherlands are both heading for Quali in the rain. Maybe that has something to do with it ?

diffuser

They did their long runs on the softs. Must be low deg track.

diffuser

Looks like it's a 3. So average and not high deg.

diffuser

interesting data:

Alonso did the long run on used Softs, presume it was the soft he did the quali runs on that had 6 laps on them.

Alo and Stroll came in just before the end of free practice to switch to Mediums to go back out and do practice starts on Mediums

KimiRai
KimiRai

diffuser wrote:
23 Aug 2024, 19:59
DLR said they wanted to know whether the Soft was a good tyre to start the race with. Considering it fell off quite a bit and then Fernando put on a set of Mediums and did race start practice with them at the end, perhaps that means they'll start on Mediums

I don't like when they start on softs. That's for cars with more pace that can use that early advantage. If you're an Aston and you qualify well, your race will be focusing behind not ahead. Overtaking one or two top cars (which they'll overtake you again in a few laps) just for the softs to wear off and ruin your race by stopping much earlier is useless. If they improved 4 tenths and were much closer to Ferrari and the other top teams, then softs could make sense, but not yet imo.
Last edited by KimiRai on 23 Aug 2024, 22:17, edited 9 times in total.

FNTC
FNTC

Qualy pace looks ok in the dry. Maybe 4th best ahead of Ferrari unless they are sandbagging. Long runs look terrible. VCARB and even Williams might be faster so far in race trim if you look at their medium runs compared to AMR on softs... Lets hope it rains.

diffuser

KimiRai wrote:
23 Aug 2024, 21:22
diffuser wrote:
23 Aug 2024, 19:59
DLR said they wanted to know whether the Soft was a good tyre to start the race with. Considering it fell off quite a bit and then Fernando put on a set of Mediums and did race start practice with them at the end, perhaps that means they'll start on Mediums

I don't like when they start on softs. That's for cars with more pace that can use that early advantage. If you're an Aston and you qualify well, your race will be focusing behind not ahead. Overtaking one or two top cars (which they'll overtake you again in a few laps) just for the softs to wear off and ruin your race by stopping much earlier is useless. If they improved 4 tenths and were much closer to Ferrari and the other top teams, then softs could make sense, but not yet imo.
Don't forget what I said though, they came out on USED softs for the long runs.

Maybe they want to make sure they stay ahead of the middle of the pack cars.

I agree, if they start with softs then have to compromise their race pace because of it... It only works if you can hold everyone off and nobody behind you pits early. That's what happen ...was that Hungry? That they pitted Alonso early to cover off Albon and Hulk, who had pitted early? They let Stroll lead the way.

KimiRai
KimiRai

With the new pitlane apparently being longer with the modifications... 1 stop could be the deal. Medium-Hard?

-wkst-
-wkst-

diffuser wrote:
23 Aug 2024, 20:16
interesting data:

Alonso did the long run on used Softs, presume it was the soft he did the quali runs on that had 6 laps on them.
Don’t know why you want to line out that it was on used softs? If I am not mistaken and they had a third tyre available because of the shower in FP1, everybody was on used tyres…

KimiRai
KimiRai

KimiRai wrote:
23 Aug 2024, 23:59
With the new pitlane apparently being longer with the modifications... 1 stop could be the deal. Medium-Hard?
I must add, if it doesn't rain of course! :lol:

diffuser

-wkst- wrote:
24 Aug 2024, 06:25
diffuser wrote:
interesting data:

Don’t know why you want to line out that it was on used softs? If I am not mistaken and they had a third tyre available because of the shower in FP1, everybody was on used tyres…
I don't know that everyone was on used tires. Lots of mediums and hards too. Gonna effect the race pace data people will certainly look at.

Big Gun
Big Gun

diffuser wrote:
24 Aug 2024, 14:30
-wkst- wrote:
24 Aug 2024, 06:25
diffuser wrote:
interesting data:

I don't know that everyone was on used tires. Lots of mediums and hards too. Gonna effect the race pace data people will certainly look at.
In FP1 and FP2 they normally start with the M or H and do 5-10 fast laps. Then they put the S on and do 3-5 fast laps. Then they fill the car with gas, and 1 driver from the team will do a race simulation with the used S, and the other driver will use the used M or H for their race simulation.
The simulations are always with used tyres because they are saving the new tyres for Qually and the race.