2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
yooogurt

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Pain...
FORZA FERRARI!

Xyz22
Xyz22

Fakepivot wrote:
24 Aug 2024, 16:03
Puff, damn those mclaren are tooo quick.. not sure what upgrade Ferrari can bring that will get them that close..
It won't.

I think Ferrari can be competitive in some tracks like Singapore and Baku but in real tracks with real corners McL is in another league.

This P6 was mainly thanks to Leclerc. The car is slower than that.
Sainz was unfortunate by missing FP2. Entering in quali with no experience on the car in similar conditions is extremely difficult, despite some incompetent frauds trying to push the narrative that should be easy for the best drivers.

Venturiation
Venturiation

Xyz22 wrote:
24 Aug 2024, 16:08
Fakepivot wrote:
Puff, damn those mclaren are tooo quick.. not sure what upgrade Ferrari can bring that will get them that close..
It won't.

I think Ferrari can be competitive in some tracks like Singapore and Baku but in real tracks with real corners McL is in another league.

Sainz was unfortunate by missing FP2. Entering in quali with no experience on the car in similar conditions is extremely difficult, despite some incompetent frauds trying to push the narrative that should be easy for the best drivers.
You can't outperform a car, the car is P6

Xyz22
Xyz22

Venturiation wrote:
24 Aug 2024, 16:10
Xyz22 wrote:
24 Aug 2024, 16:08
Fakepivot wrote:
It won't.

You can't outperform a car, the car is P6
You can outperform worse drivers.

Vanja #66

Decades of pain will be followed by centuries of pain, oh Lord have mercy! :cry: :cry: :cry:
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

Xyz22
Xyz22

For some reason the car was really difficult on new tyres according to Leclerc.

ScuderiaLeo

Check out that understeer at T10. Poor Sainz, he didn't even have a real chance to set up the car due to 2 missed sessions.

Despite the "good" result, Leclerc looked pretty defeated just now in the interview:
Nine-tenths off pole? That hurts, we have no explanation, and it's worrying. We're trying everything to close the gap, but it's not working. The race? We just need to minimize the damage, getting a better result than P6 will be very difficult.

Xyz22
Xyz22

ScuderiaLeo

Interestingly, Vasseur just said he thinks Leclerc could've gotten P5 if he'd pushed harder. Meanwhile, Leclerc says P6 was the best possible outcome.

I'm not sure I agree with Vasseur. That feels overly optimistic. Sure in a perfect world maybe the drivers could've done more. But given the circumstances - the state of the car, the missed sessions, and just the track characteristics - P6 was very solid and I don't think many other drivers could accomplish that. It feels like pulling at straws to say that Leclerc could've done much better.

I just hope whatever they bring to Monza works. It would be really demoralizing for them to do poorly there.

Emag
Emag

To be fair, the lap did not look that good, but the car also really hates this track.
It doesn't behave well on the banking, it bounces in high speed and it understeers on long corners.

It's just an overall sh*t experience for the driver so it's tough to put blame on either of them for not hooking up a perfect lap.

Waz
Waz

If data had shown Charles had thrown away a first or second row start, sure, point some fingers at him. But clearly the car isn't doing what they expect anymore, and it's unnecessary to point out the driver could have been 1 position better on the 3rd row.

Unsurprisingly though for Ferrari management.

Vanja #66

Cold Q conditions are the bane of the car and its proper Ferrari luck to have so many cold Q sessions this year. In any case, Q3 progress since last year is very much up there, only McL improved slightly more:

- RB (Max): -0.5s
- McL (Lando): -1.4s
- Merc (Rus): -1.0s
- Ferrari (Sainz->Leclerc): -1.2s
- AMR (Alonso): -0.9s

It was a mighty lap from Lando, no one was that hooked definitely. Still, the Q gap is what it is and the one positive for Leclerc is starting ahead of AMR so he won't get stuck behind tomorrow if he starts ok. I don't think the race gap will be more than 20-25s if everyone has a clean race and without SC
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

Xyz22
Xyz22

Telemetry compared to Norris.

deadhead

ScuderiaLeo wrote:
24 Aug 2024, 16:46
Interestingly, Vasseur just said he thinks Leclerc could've gotten P5 if he'd pushed harder. Meanwhile, Leclerc says P6 was the best possible outcome.
Vassuer sounds a bit delusional at times, which would be really entertaining when you have Hamilton in the car next year.

f1316
f1316

Vanja #66 wrote:
24 Aug 2024, 17:02
Cold Q conditions are the bane of the car and its proper Ferrari luck to have so many cold Q sessions this year. In any case, Q3 progress since last year is very much up there, only McL improved slightly more:

- RB (Max): -0.5s
- McL (Lando): -1.4s
- Merc (Rus): -1.0s
- Ferrari (Sainz->Leclerc): -1.2s
- AMR (Alonso): -0.9s

It was a mighty lap from Lando, no one was that hooked definitely. Still, the Q gap is what it is and the one positive for Leclerc is starting ahead of AMR so he won't get stuck behind tomorrow if he starts ok. I don't think the race gap will be more than 20-25s if everyone has a clean race and without SC
I mean this really shows how this is just not a Ferrari track. If they haven’t brought the new floor then I think this is expected as a damage limitation race - presuming they can bring it to Monza along with a decent low drag setup , I think it’ll be a very different story.