2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Vanja #66

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Verstappen's spec is the same as launch spec, the top front surface. Not much else is visible
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

organic

Vanja #66 wrote:
24 Aug 2024, 20:02
Verstappen's spec is the same as launch spec, the top front surface. Not much else is visible
It is confirmed by van Haren that Red Bull remanufactured the launch spec floor for Max :wtf:
Old floor the solution?
Verstappen drove during the first training on Friday, and then also on Saturday, with the (reproduced) floor that he also drove with at the very beginning of this season. Just to show how much they are investigating at Red Bull how they can make the car for Verstappen

I guess they're really investigating what issues were introduced by upgrades etc

In the media at the previous few weekends Max was repeatedly saying how the car was balanced at the beginning of the season but not recently. It could be that he pushed for the return to launch spec floor.

Xyz22
Xyz22

organic wrote:
24 Aug 2024, 20:16
Vanja #66 wrote:
It is confirmed by van Haren that Red Bull remanufactured the launch spec floor for Max :wtf:
Old floor the solution?
Verstappen drove during the first training on Friday, and then also on Saturday, with the (reproduced) floor that he also drove with at the very beginning of this season. Just to show how much they are investigating at Red Bull how they can make the car for Verstappen

I guess they're really investigating what issues were introduced by upgrades etc

In the media at the previous few weekends Max was repeatedly saying how the car was balanced at the beginning of the season but not recently. It could be that he pushed for the return to launch spec floor.
Crazy that they had to reintroduce the first spec.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

organic wrote:
24 Aug 2024, 20:16
Vanja #66 wrote:
Old floor the solution?

I see this as a positive in the longer term. Max said they had to wake up. This is waking up. They were pushing updates that were not working before. Now they stopped.

FittingMechanics
FittingMechanics

But if I am not mistaken, his balance was not good today either.

Xyz22
Xyz22

From the onboard it looked like the car was understeering hard in some corners, but the rear was super compliant at least. In other corners, the car was really quick on the other hand. This is just from my eyes though, didn't check telemetry or whatever.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

FittingMechanics wrote:
24 Aug 2024, 20:53
But if I am not mistaken, his balance was not good today either.
That was because of the wind. That's also why Norris didn't put a lap together until the very end and probably why Piastri dropped it too.

ME4ME

AR3-GP wrote:
24 Aug 2024, 20:40
I see this as a positive in the longer term. Max said they had to wake up. This is waking up. They were pushing updates that were not working before. Now they stopped.
Agreed. No way forward if they don't understand whats going on. Better to investigate properly.

organic

ME4ME wrote:
24 Aug 2024, 21:04
AR3-GP wrote:
24 Aug 2024, 20:40
Agreed. No way forward if they don't understand whats going on. Better to investigate properly.
Yeah it is far better than hearing the "lalala everything is fine this is just convergence" from Horner for the last 10 rounds. Only hope they can develop solutions early enough to be implemented for the rb21

chrisc90

If that’s the case, not too bad the gap was only ~3tenths vs a well upgraded mclaren

Sergej
Sergej

Good to see that now everyone, even the team, admit upgrades did not work as expected, for some time there was an annoying denial "everything fine, they brought only small things"

I didn't expect Red Bull to shine in Zandvoort, McLaren is just too strong at high downforce tracks, however I do wonder if there will ever be any track at which Max can be a genuine pole/win contender.

K1Plus
K1Plus

Sergej wrote:
24 Aug 2024, 21:17
Good to see that now everyone, even the team, admit upgrades did not work as expected, for some time there was an annoying denial "everything fine, they brought only small things"

I didn't expect Red Bull to shine in Zandvoort, McLaren is just too strong at high downforce tracks, however I do wonder if there will ever be any track at which Max can be a genuine pole/win contender.
Monza and Las Vegas.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

The amount of understeer is remarkable.

Vanja #66

RB was running a significantly smaller wing level than Barcelona (which was about the same spec setup for most other cars), which reminds me of Imola and Australia, but this time from the start. Still, there was no Top Speed advantage over McLaren or Ferrari. Would this be due to bodywork spec or did I miss something about their configuration?
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Vanja #66 wrote:
24 Aug 2024, 22:35
RB was running a significantly smaller wing level than Barcelona (which was about the same spec setup for most other cars), which reminds me of Imola and Australia, but this time from the start. Still, there was no Top Speed advantage over McLaren or Ferrari. Would this be due to bodywork spec or did I miss something about their configuration?
There can be differences in the beam wing and deployment. They are also using the high load engine cover.