2024 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Dunlay
Dunlay

Re: 2024 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

PlatinumZealot wrote:
29 Aug 2024, 04:41
PapayaFan481 wrote:
27 Aug 2024, 02:48
dans79 wrote:
26 Aug 2024, 17:48

what? You expect everyone to like everyone else?
No, but I can't remember this level of toxicity between fans of the same team for ages.

Thank god there was no social media in the Prost Senna days!!!
Ahem. Please stop gas-lighting the thread, thank you.

I don't know about the toxicity you speak of. It's actually the most peaceful of the major team threads when you look at actual supporters of the team.
Disagree, completely.

Matt2725
Matt2725

PlatinumZealot wrote:
29 Aug 2024, 04:43
Cocles wrote:
27 Aug 2024, 03:31
PapayaFan481 wrote:

No, but I can't remember this level of toxicity between fans of the same team for ages.

They're not fans of the same team though, a lot of them are Lewis tifosi who will drop the Silver Arrows like a hot potato next season for the red cars, and (some) will be back in here acting like the Max fans they despise so much. George is either useful for Lewis, or he's a spoiler; there's no, "liking him, because he's a Merc driver." And they only cheer for Merc, because it hold's the title of "Lewis's car." Merc has tifosi as well, but they're also Lewis & George fans the way Ferrari fans have a soft-spot for Ferrari drivers both past and present.

I don't mean to dunk on the Lewis fans, it's just the nature of fandom. The Dutch will drop RB the moment Max leaves. From the perspective of a "team first, drivers second" type of fan (like me) it's a trade-off. Sure, some of the Lewis fans will be insufferable trolls here next season, but... Back in late 2012, this place was almost unbearable with the amount of Merc haters relentlessly trolling the Merc fans. That all changed when the Lewis fans showed up like the cavalry and overwhelmed/drove-out the trolls for hating on their hero's new car.
There is only one Tifosi and they are the die-hard Ferrari fans.
Sounds weird when you attach the word Tifosi to other teams and even drivers! :o
To be fair, "tifosi" is just an Italian word for "fans/supporters".

PapayaFan481
PapayaFan481

PlatinumZealot wrote:
PapayaFan481 wrote:
dans79 wrote:
26 Aug 2024, 17:48

what? You expect everyone to like everyone else?

I don't know about the toxicity you speak of. It's actually the most peaceful of the major team threads when you look at actual supporters of the team.
First off. Look up gas-lightong, you're using it wrong.

If you think there is no toxicity in this thread, may I politely suggest you reread it. The heard is full of LH and GR fans spouting vitriol about the other driver trying to win the intrateam top trumps competition. It's the same over in the McLaren thread with LN and OP fans arguing instead of celebrating their team's success.

It IS toxic and adds nothing to the discussion.
If I come across as blunt, I apologise, it's my ASD. Sometimes, like an F1 car aqua-planing, it gets out of my control.

Dunlay
Dunlay

PapayaFan481 wrote:
29 Aug 2024, 09:55
Hammerfist wrote:
28 Aug 2024, 13:48
... its very clear max is the superior racer. Just the racecraft is on another level imo...
Really?? Max?? Superior race craft??

The guy who parked his car on Lewis's head 3 years ago??
I don't know what people refer to as race craft. To me, Lando and George going together through 4 corners in Barcelona was race craft, not pushing the other driver out of track, which Max and Lewis have done throughout their career. If it's about having good race pace, then that's another thing, it's different to race craft.

SiLo

Dunlay wrote:
29 Aug 2024, 12:03
PapayaFan481 wrote:
29 Aug 2024, 09:55
Hammerfist wrote:
28 Aug 2024, 13:48
... its very clear max is the superior racer. Just the racecraft is on another level imo...
Really?? Max?? Superior race craft??

The guy who parked his car on Lewis's head 3 years ago??
I don't know what people refer to as race craft. To me, Lando and George going together through 4 corners in Barcelona was race craft, not pushing the other driver out of track, which Max and Lewis have done throughout their career. If it's about having good race pace, then that's another thing, it's different to race craft.

Race craft to me encompasses a lot.

In-race strategy, close quarters defending and attacking, fakes to setup an overtake, knowing when to be fast and when to conserve etc. The greats generally are very good at all of these.
Felipe Baby!

Lasssept

mxmck
mxmck

Mansell89
Mansell89

How do you guys expect Mercedes to fair at Monza?

They were very handy in Canada- could one argue there are some similarities?

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

A historic moment.

Matt2725
Matt2725

Mansell89 wrote:
29 Aug 2024, 14:28
How do you guys expect Mercedes to fair at Monza?

They were very handy in Canada- could one argue there are some similarities?
They could end up with a decent result. They've gone well at higher speed circuits this season (Silverstone/Spa).

Temps will be high (32-33C) but they had similar temps at Hungary and Lewis ended up P3 at the end. I think they can be quietly confident of a decent result, but it really depends on Ferrari I think. Top 5 is likely, podium a good possibility IMO. Potentially a win if the stars align.

Lasssept

Lewis Hamilton on the W15: “Our car is on a knife edge, it can easily go one way or another. Actual pace-wise, I think I was the third fastest [in Zandvoort] but qualifying needed to be better.”

“I'm definitely more hopeful that the car will be nicer to driver, but others are bringing upgrades so you have to expect Ferrari to be quick, McLaren to be rapid. I'm just hopeful we are there or thereabouts.”

https://x.com/fiagirly/status/182914516 ... ig7kA&s=19

Looks good in his race suit.

Team ANTI-HYPE. Prove it, then I’ll anoint you.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

https://www.motorsport-total.com/formel ... n-24082908
When asked how the new underbody works, Allison finally explains: "The simple answer is, we don't quite know yet. You can make quite simple measurements and say that the downforce it was supposed to bring was obviously there. You can take this as confirmation that it worked."

"But a lot of the pace of the car this year is related to how well it behaves. So it's not just about your aero package giving you downforce, it's about whether it also gives you a balanced car that you need in the corners," says Allison, "in fast corners as well as in slow ones."

So the upgrade is by no means a sacred cow if it does not bring the desired performance overall: "At the moment we know that we measured good downforce, but we are not sure if it also delivered a good balance. We will have to investigate this further in the course of the year," says the technician.
They can measure the downforce increase, but it doesn't translate to lap time because balance also matters. This happened to many teams.

PlatinumZealot

PapayaFan481 wrote:
29 Aug 2024, 09:53
PlatinumZealot wrote:
PapayaFan481 wrote:

First off. Look up gas-lightong, you're using it wrong.

If you think there is no toxicity in this thread, may I politely suggest you reread it. The heard is full of LH and GR fans spouting vitriol about the other driver trying to win the intrateam top trumps competition. It's the same over in the McLaren thread with LN and OP fans arguing instead of celebrating their team's success.

It IS toxic and adds nothing to the discussion.
I am using the word correctly. Not surprisingly, your post is another attempt at gas-lighting...

You are seeding doubt in another one's sense of reality.

If you check it. None of the true Mercedes fans are starting or entertaining toxic discussions. We tend to shut down or ignore the attempts.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

Macklaren
Macklaren

AR3-GP wrote:
29 Aug 2024, 15:12
A historic moment.
Serious question... Why is it historic?