2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Sergej
Sergej

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

degradation seems big for everyone in general, but could decrease as the weekend proceeds

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Sergej wrote:
30 Aug 2024, 18:00
degradation seems big for everyone in general, but could decrease as the weekend proceeds
Yes I just saw, even the Mclarens are falling apart. I'm not sure its going to decrease. It's very hot and it will be similar temperatures on Sunday.

I wonder if that means the hard tire will be preferred? Has Red Bull done their usual wrong tire selection? :lol:

Sergej
Sergej

AR3-GP wrote:
30 Aug 2024, 18:01
Sergej wrote:
30 Aug 2024, 18:00
Yes I just saw, even the Mclarens are falling apart. I'm not sure its going to decrease. It's very hot and it will be similar temperatures on Sunday.

I wonder if that means the hard tire will be preferred? Has Red Bull done their usual wrong tire selection? :lol:
didn't they use 2 softs in FP1 and 1soft/1medium in FP2 ? they should have all hards ?

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Why is the car so bad in the brake zones in sector 1? Both drivers overshot the corners in FP1 and FP2.

organic

Long run looks great and Max also said the feelings from the long run were not bad
FP1 felt quite decent, FP2 not as much at the beginning but then it felt a bit better in the long run so now we just need to bring it all together to be in the mix for tomorrow.

We're just trying different setup directions, we want to learn more about the car."
Shaping up a lot better than I expected

Dunlay
Dunlay

organic wrote:
30 Aug 2024, 18:42
Long run looks great and Max also said the feelings from the long run were not bad
FP1 felt quite decent, FP2 not as much at the beginning but then it felt a bit better in the long run so now we just need to bring it all together to be in the mix for tomorrow.

We're just trying different setup directions, we want to learn more about the car."
Shaping up a lot better than I expected
Max's times were definitely better than Lando's on race pace. McLaren might be a bit slippery on the straights, but RB seems faster through corners. Ferrari is in the mix here. I am not so sure if Mercedes would be.

venkyhere
venkyhere

AR3-GP wrote:
30 Aug 2024, 18:22
Why is the car so bad in the brake zones in sector 1? Both drivers overshot the corners in FP1 and FP2.
The car doesn't have any front end at all, locking up at the hint of heavy braking. Of course, the 'green track' does contribute, but it's the same for all cars and the Mclarens and Mercs are doing just fine under heavy braking.

- the 'too stiff front' is the Achilles heel of this RB20, and even if the chicanes have been flattened, the entry into either chicane is a painful sight - entering like an oil tanker.
- perhaps too much anti-dive as well, preventing 'weight' to come to the rescue for front end grip under heavy braking.

Jdn1327
Jdn1327

venkyhere wrote:
30 Aug 2024, 19:55
AR3-GP wrote:
30 Aug 2024, 18:22
The car doesn't have any front end at all, locking up at the hint of heavy braking. Of course, the 'green track' does contribute, but it's the same for all cars and the Mclarens and Mercs are doing just fine under heavy braking.

- the 'too stiff front' is the Achilles heel of this RB20, and even if the chicanes have been flattened, the entry into either chicane is a painful sight - entering like an oil tanker.
- perhaps too much anti-dive as well, preventing 'weight' to come to the rescue for front end grip under heavy braking.
I think also they're trying to give Max a better front end so he can be more confident under braking. Its only fp2. They should dial out any instability by the end of fp3. I feel this race is going to he very similar to Spa. Albeit RBR in a more competitive position. The long runs between the top 4 teams are very very close.

Sergej
Sergej

So Red Bull have 2H and 2M left, same Mercedes, while McLaren and Ferrari 2H and 1M; curious to see if they will align with them or will save 2M for the race. Only Tsunoda tested the hard so far; will be an important choice to take for the race, 2 stops seem likely.

venkyhere
venkyhere

Sergej wrote:
31 Aug 2024, 08:17
So Red Bull have 2H and 2M left, same Mercedes, while McLaren and Ferrari 2H and 1M; curious to see if they will align with them or will save 2M for the race. Only Tsunoda tested the hard so far; will be an important choice to take for the race, 2 stops seem likely.
That just points to who will use what in FP3. Question is, will anyone be able to save enough S for Q, and still have 2S left for Q3, given the lack of corners is going to make quali really tight. This looks like a proper 2 stop race, contrary to historical data, due to the resurfacing. Will be interesting to see who goes 1M2H vs 2M1H for the race.

Sergej
Sergej

venkyhere wrote:
31 Aug 2024, 08:25
Sergej wrote:
That just points to who will use what in FP3. Question is, will anyone be able to save enough S for Q, and still have 2S left for Q3, given the lack of corners is going to make quali really tight. This looks like a proper 2 stop race, contrary to historical data, due to the resurfacing. Will be interesting to see who goes 1M2H vs 2M1H for the race.
I think Ferrari and McLaren are forced to run 2S in FP3, while Red Bull and Mercedes 1S and 1M/H, depending on which tyre they want to save for the race

search

Sergej wrote:
So Red Bull have 2H and 2M left, same Mercedes, while McLaren and Ferrari 2H and 1M; curious to see if they will align with them or will save 2M for the race.
keeping both would mean doing Quali on three sets of Softs only. It's highly unlikely, I'd say. The risk of missing Q3 on an improving track is too large.

venkyhere
venkyhere

Sergej wrote:
31 Aug 2024, 08:55
venkyhere wrote:
31 Aug 2024, 08:25
Sergej wrote:
I think Ferrari and McLaren are forced to run 2S in FP3, while Red Bull and Mercedes 1S and 1M/H, depending on which tyre they want to save for the race
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GWQHh39bQAA ... name=large
Going into Q with 4S (1Q1+1Q2+2Q3) is supposed to be 'normal'. But in this track, given the least number of corners, Q1 is going to be like a college binge drinking party - anyone can end up anywhere, and some big guns might be forced to use two sets of S in Q1 itself, ending up struggling in Q2/Q3.

Sergej
Sergej

so Red Bull chose to save 2H just like others, M-H-H if 2 stops will be done; same Mercedes

Ferrari and McLaren starting with soft, so they all will be in the same situation come quali

organic

Sergej wrote:
31 Aug 2024, 12:37
so Red Bull chose to save 2H just like others, M-H-H if 2 stops will be done; same Mercedes

Ferrari and McLaren starting with soft, so they all will be in the same situation come quali
I doubt it will be a 2 stop due to huge pit loss here