2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
OnEcRiTiCaL
OnEcRiTiCaL

Re: 2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

FNTC wrote:
31 Aug 2024, 16:51
Almost feels like they have abandoned the season already, focusing on getting more CFD and wind tunnel time for next year.
I'm sure not, they can't make the next year car if don't know why the car slow or why the others can develop so fast and the updates what they make never ever work! Dont be silly...
I only one thing can imagine that the Mercedes didn't tell something about their wind tunnel or between the wind tunnel and simulation program.I remember when beginning of the season Totto said they found the problem. So it eas just only one problem. Since then they race by race faster.I remember the Mercedes always had same problem as Aston.

KimiRai
KimiRai

I think Fernando could have gone through with a perfect lap, but sadly this is what the team has fallen to, fighting for a Q3.

FNTC
FNTC

I don't think it's a coincidence that Red Bull has dropped off massively since Newey stopped working on the car, so getting him would be massive for Aston, at least for the 2026 season. Maybe he could give valuable inputs for 2025 too.

diffuser

FNTC wrote:
31 Aug 2024, 16:56
Rikrikrik wrote:
31 Aug 2024, 16:55
FNTC wrote:
Almost feels like they have abandoned the season already, focusing on getting more CFD and wind tunnel time for next year.
For what? They dont know what they need to do.
Maybe they have Newey coming and want to focus on the 2025 car. Who knows. They tend to develop an OK car for the new seasons but are lost with development in season.
Up until now, they haven't shown that they understand the new regs. That shows up by the upgrades not doing what they see in CFD and the tunnel. Some people call that correlation, another way of looking at that is that they don't understand the regs. The team programs the CFD and the Tunnel and they have to be able to read the tea leaves. They're not reading them correctly and that shows up in the upgrades.

diffuser

OnEcRiTiCaL wrote:
31 Aug 2024, 17:00
FNTC wrote:
I'm sure not, they can't make the next year car if don't know why the car slow or why the others can develop so fast and the updates what they make never ever work! Dont be silly...
I only one thing can imagine that the Mercedes didn't tell something about their wind tunnel or between the wind tunnel and simulation program.I remember when beginning of the season Totto said they found the problem. So it eas just only one problem. Since then they race by race faster.I remember the Mercedes always had same problem as Aston.
They need to show that in the next upgrade.

Rikrikrik
Rikrikrik

They said in hungary "finally the upgrades are doing what we can see in the wind tunnel" " we change the way" "we had a wrong development philosophy" and OK we didnt have upgrades since Hungary, but, assuming they bring upgrades in Baku, what we can expect? P12 and P16 in qualy and an interview saying " We need a few races to understand this package".. They just lie every interview.

Big Gun
Big Gun

KimiRai wrote:
31 Aug 2024, 16:38
FNTC wrote:
31 Aug 2024, 16:25
Was there a yellow flag on his last attempt? Colapinto went wide into the gravel just before I think?
Yes yellow flag for Lance, unlucky. Not sure how his lap was.

Q3 is not going to happen unless Alonso pulls a massive lap
Still Alonso didnt get to finsih his second run in Q1, 1st run Lance was 4 tenths slower, dunno how the Yellow effected them.

PinkFloydPulse

Rikrikrik wrote:
31 Aug 2024, 17:14
They said in hungary "finally the upgrades are doing what we can see in the wind tunnel" " we change the way" "we had a wrong development philosophy" and OK we didnt have upgrades since Hungary, but, assuming they bring upgrades in Baku, what we can expect? P12 and P16 in qualy and an interview saying " We need a few races to understand this package".. They just lie every interview.
This.
All talk, nothing to show for it…
Team Fernando!

KimiRai
KimiRai

Alonso says "if I didn't go out to score points, I wouldn't put my helmet on". I don't think there is a lack of motivation, or at least not a huge lack of it.

FNTC
FNTC

Hmm, took off some downforce? Maybe some chance of overtakes tomorrow? Fastest top speed and largest DRS delta.

quincalla
quincalla

He got a few big tows into T1, but also their drs delta has been good all season.

issey
issey

FNTC wrote:
31 Aug 2024, 18:38
https://preview.redd.it/italian-gp-qual ... 07118e99ca

https://preview.redd.it/italian-gp-qual ... 7f824487a3

Hmm, took off some downforce? Maybe some chance of overtakes tomorrow? Fastest top speed and largest DRS delta.
Racepace is bad and probably also worse than from Albon or Hülkenberg, good Topspeed or DRS won't help us if the pace overall is bad and also tyre wear. I think points are almost impossible tomorrow If nothing happens in front.

KimiRai
KimiRai

The Spaniard hinted after qualifying that the factory is preparing a package of evolutions in which there is hope of real improvement, and which will arrive at some point in the final third of the season. It would be a help to move away from Williams, Haas or Alpine and get closer to the big four that now share all the podiums and almost all the points.

On the evolutions that were missing, and those that need to come: "It's a mixture of things that went wrong during the season. Some packages were an improvement and some were a step backwards. In some cases, a side step that didn't really change the performance of the car. We are still waiting for that big improvement that will give us three tenths and bring us closer to the top teams. I know the team is working very hard to bring in new parts for the next few races and there is reasonable optimism around those parts. I think we will finish the season a bit better than we are at the moment. But the last four or five races have been difficult for us."

Why [do you trust] this package? "I'm optimistic we didn't develop the car enough this year but every time that happens you do a deep analysis of what has happened. And the more difficulties you have, the more hard lessons you learn."
https://as.com/motor/formula_1/prefiero ... -cerebro-n

SSJ4
SSJ4

Upgrades or just changing some components?

diffuser

Big Gun wrote:
31 Aug 2024, 17:50
KimiRai wrote:
31 Aug 2024, 16:38
FNTC wrote:
31 Aug 2024, 16:25
Was there a yellow flag on his last attempt? Colapinto went wide into the gravel just before I think?
Yes yellow flag for Lance, unlucky. Not sure how his lap was.

Q3 is not going to happen unless Alonso pulls a massive lap
Still Alonso didnt get to finsih his second run in Q1, 1st run Lance was 4 tenths slower, dunno how the Yellow effected them.
Alonso abandoned his 2nd run in Q1 cause he was told that he was through to the next round.