2024 Mclaren Formula 1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
LionsHeart
LionsHeart

Re: 2024 Mclaren Formula 1 Team

It's nice to see another pole. And Oscar only cemented the team's success. Let's see how the start goes, what the pace will be in the race. But the good news is that McLaren is very fast on any track. This versatility is a very important quality for a car. I think the balance that the car has now is quite suitable for both Lando and Oscar, which allows them to squeeze everything out of the car. The car is stable and obedient. And I dare say that the phrase "on a knife edge" no longer applies to it. Well done, McLaren!

Oh, and one more thing. McLaren's top speed here isn't very high, but that didn't stop them from taking the entire front row. On the other hand, Williams' high top speed prevents them from taking pole. That says a lot, top speed alone isn't enough at Monza.

mwillems

All true. From my perspective I was talking to emag about the performance on the straights vs FP3 because I was of the opinion previously that Ferrari were pushing the car a bit more in FP3. This could be engine, fuel or anything else.

Curious about used vs softs though. I'm sure it's a coincidence but Ferrari weren't as slow as expect on used tyres in FP3 and Max was slower on new tyres than used.
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

mwillems

-Bandit

LionsHeart
LionsHeart

mwillems wrote:
31 Aug 2024, 18:37
All true. From my perspective I was talking to emag about the performance on the straights vs FP3 because I was of the opinion previously that Ferrari were pushing the car a bit more in FP3. This could be engine, fuel or anything else.

Curious about used vs softs though. I'm sure it's a coincidence but Ferrari weren't as slow as expect on used tyres in FP3 and Max was slower on new tyres than used.
The track conditions could have changed a little. The asphalt temperature, the wind (if there was one). It's hard to say. One can only complain that the chassis of McLaren's rivals is more sensitive to external changes.

Emag
Emag

mwillems wrote:

Tire deg is low here, almost negligible, but only until you start graining. Then it starts falling apart.

Tomorrow it will be a race of whose tires will give in first.

LionsHeart
LionsHeart

mwillems wrote:
31 Aug 2024, 18:41
My vpn is not working. Could you post it as a photo on the forum? Thanks in advance!

proteus

Macklaren wrote:
31 Aug 2024, 17:47
Emag wrote:
31 Aug 2024, 17:21
I am worried about the star tomorrow lol.
McLaren should give Oscar a direct order to stay alongside Lando and block everyone else until turn 1. They can start racing each other after that
Well, Lando won every race i didnt watch this year, and i probably wont be able to watch the race tomorrow, so fingers crossed. :) If it happens again, i want some compensation for skipping races in the future
:lol:
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

Macklaren
Macklaren

proteus wrote:
31 Aug 2024, 18:46
Macklaren wrote:
Emag wrote:
McLaren should give Oscar a direct order to stay alongside Lando and block everyone else until turn 1. They can start racing each other after that
Well, Lando won every race i didnt watch this year, and i probably wont be able to watch the race tomorrow, so fingers crossed. :) If it happens again, i want some compensation for skipping races
Thank you for your service/sacrifice to this forum :D

Emag
Emag

It seems like Leclerc is still confident he can win based on tire degradation data they have. That’s what he said on an interview at least.

Tomorrow should be fun, I just hope that for once they get a half-decent start …

mwillems

Emag wrote:
31 Aug 2024, 18:43
mwillems wrote:

Tire deg is low here, almost negligible, but only until you start graining. Then it starts falling apart.

Tomorrow it will be a race of whose tires will give in first.
Ferrari I can sort of understand, ish. Actually as I write that it does make sense. The new tyres are only going to be a bigger benefit over used when your pushing harder than anyone would in FP3, I guess.

But Max in Q3 is still very odd.

But clearly he will be a threat tomorrow.
Last edited by mwillems on 31 Aug 2024, 18:59, edited 1 time in total.

-Bandit

mwillems

proteus wrote:
Macklaren wrote:
Emag wrote:
Well, Lando won every race i didnt watch this year, and i probably wont be able to watch the race tomorrow, so fingers crossed. :) If it happens again, i want some compensation for skipping races in the future
I hope you have a power cut.

-Bandit

LionsHeart
LionsHeart

proteus wrote:
Macklaren wrote:
Emag wrote:
So that's who the main director of F1 races is. :D

mwillems

LionsHeart wrote:
31 Aug 2024, 18:44
mwillems wrote:
31 Aug 2024, 18:41
My vpn is not working. Could you post it as a photo on the forum? Thanks in advance!
Just saying that if the positions remain the same in the race, Mclaren will lead the constructors by 3 points.

-Bandit

Emag
Emag

Yep, as the telemetry suggested, pretty bad exit out of the first chicane. Other than that it doesn’t look bad though. Maybe a tiny bit of hesitation at parabolica.

FittingMechanics
FittingMechanics

We get 1-2 with max in P7 and everyone here is super worried?

McLaren was great in S2 showing they are running more downforce. This will be critical in the race to extend tire life.

I am only slightly worried about crazy start with 4 wide and potential crash into T1. I hope we get a good strong launch.