2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
SoulPancake13
SoulPancake13

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

DDopey wrote:
01 Sep 2024, 19:44
Horner on a Dutch news Site (nu.nl):
"If you look at the McLaren, it seems very much an evolution of their car from last year," Horner said of Lando Norris and Oscar Piastri's car. "It is a much simpler car than ours. Perhaps our car has become too complex and we also need to simplify a few things."
One thing about this reg set is that just adding on components that will theoretically gain you more downforce isn't a viable solution. McLaren have been very careful to not upset the balance of the car at all with their upgrades, only bringing some small parts that are circuit specific or they are sure will help without wrecking the balance. Maybe Red Bull, in a chase for more downforce, have complicated the car and changed the balance too much, somewhat like what Ferrari did.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

SoulPancake13 wrote:
01 Sep 2024, 20:08

One thing about this reg set is that just adding on components that will theoretically gain you more downforce isn't a viable solution. McLaren have been very careful to not upset the balance of the car at all with their upgrades, only bringing some small parts that are circuit specific or they are sure will help without wrecking the balance. Maybe Red Bull, in a chase for more downforce, have complicated the car and changed the balance too much, somewhat like what Ferrari did.
and what Mercedes and Aston Martin have done.

Vanja #66

I'm honestly shocked RB failed to anticipate a massive upswing from other 3 teams in Monza and decided again not to bring a Monza package. McLaren may have been close to win with a Spa/Monza hybrid like RB did last two years, but those two close wins should have been a signal not to do it again this year. They had balance issues in a couple of FPs this year and almost always resolved them by chosing to reduce rear wing. Not sure what lead them to stick to one single option for this race, but I think a lot of people here understood that it was a bad choice even before FP1.

Unfortunately, a few key people are now feeling the massive heat and they are making mistakes every now and then. Points were maximised today, but there would have been a lot bigger potential if they left themselves more than one limited option in the first place
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

chrisc90

Rikhart wrote:
01 Sep 2024, 20:04
Verstappen complained at the start about something from hamilton, saying he left no room and how he himself got punished for exact move, did anyone see any replay? I was amazed it was not shown during the race.
A bit of nothing really. Max was marginally later on the brakes into the turn 4 chicane and looked like was very close to Lewis' rear wheel whilst Max had to run onto the white line.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

chrisc90 wrote:
01 Sep 2024, 20:58
Rikhart wrote:
Verstappen complained at the start about something from hamilton, saying he left no room and how he himself got punished for exact move, did anyone see any replay? I was amazed it was not shown during the race.
A bit of nothing really. Max was marginally later on the brakes into the turn 4 chicane and looked like was very close to Lewis' rear wheel whilst Max had to run onto the white line.

Not going to dwell on it, but Hamilton moved in the brake zone and you can see there's contact with verstappen's front wing because Hamilton drifted to the right.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Vanja #66 wrote:
01 Sep 2024, 20:55
I'm honestly shocked RB failed to anticipate a massive upswing from other 3 teams in Monza and decided again not to bring a Monza package.
Red Bull doesn't have time or budget to invest in a wing that works for 1 or 2 races when there are bigger questions about the car concept that need to be solved. Is this not obvious?

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

avantman
avantman

AR3-GP wrote:
01 Sep 2024, 21:10
Vanja #66 wrote:
01 Sep 2024, 20:55
I'm honestly shocked RB failed to anticipate a massive upswing from other 3 teams in Monza and decided again not to bring a Monza package.
Red Bull doesn't have time or budget to invest in a wing that works for 1 or 2 races when there are bigger questions about the car concept that need to be solved. Is this not obvious?
apparently not for some, although you got it right quite clearly.

Vanja #66

AR3-GP wrote:
01 Sep 2024, 21:10
I understand the reasoning, but I disagree with its premise. Vegas will be the same thing, meaning they compromise two races knowingly. A Monza wing could have been done with 1 iteration, just copy Ferrari's wing and adapt the wing tips to existing endplates etc. They had to go through the trouble of designing a set of flaps for front wing in any case, so a few cases of CFD runs and maybe even a few WT runs had to be done for this spec. There is absolutely no performance engineering logic in their decision not to make a new wing and use it in at least 4 races, Monza and Vegas 24 and 25. Costs for a rear wing are quite low and they are by far the lowest for this spec, as tools are the smallest, machining time is shortest and loads are smallest so you need the least amount of materials too
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

Paa

Just a random thought, but have they tried binging a new chassis? Sometimes that's the solution when they experience unexplainable problems. At least it worked for some other teams in the past for similar situations. It is the same as a reset for windows PCs. :)

Rikhart
Rikhart

AR3-GP wrote:
01 Sep 2024, 21:08
chrisc90 wrote:
01 Sep 2024, 20:58
Rikhart wrote:

Not going to dwell on it, but Hamilton moved in the brake zone and you can see there's contact with verstappen's front wing because Hamilton drifted to the right.
How I see it as well. Thanks to chrisc90 for the video =D>

Seanspeed
Seanspeed

JordanMugen wrote:
31 Aug 2024, 17:17
Is it possible that Red Bull are struggling without Newey's input into development direction at the factory and car setup at the track, or is it unrelated to that? :?: :)
I think you'd have to be insane to not consider this as a likely huge factor. Newey hasn't been involved with this car's development and direction for quite a while now. People have been trying to downplay his role and importance, but I think that's just insanely naive.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Newey earlier in the year:
“The fundamental architecture of the car has remained the same, but I mean, for instance, there’s one feature on the car that I’m not terribly happy with this year, and that’s something which will either change later in the year, or probably more likely, will be re-altered for next year.”
https://www.planetf1.com/news/adrian-ne ... 20-feature

"later in the year" would be important at this point...

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Interesting comment from Erik Van Haren.
After a long meeting, it was Max Verstappen who tracked down the big problem of the RB20 in the data itself. But there doesn't seem to be a quick solution.
https://x.com/ErikvHaren

sour
sour

AR3-GP wrote:
02 Sep 2024, 00:53
Interesting comment from Erik Van Haren.
After a long meeting, it was Max Verstappen who tracked down the big problem of the RB20 in the data itself. But there doesn't seem to be a quick solution.
https://x.com/ErikvHaren
Is there anything he can't do? :lol: