2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Sergej wrote:
02 Sep 2024, 23:43
Singapore will be a disaster, we all know that; only hope is that Ferrari/Leclerc pull another miracle to steal some points to Lando.

Baku, I don't know, but it seems they will use this race to "experiment" with configurations so nothing good to expect.
One of the problems with Monza was everyone else having a Monza specific wing. That shouldn’t be a problem in Baku so they should be closer.

Also, there should be a safety car race eventually.

TeamKoolGreen
TeamKoolGreen

Sergej wrote:
02 Sep 2024, 07:38
It's very simple: more 30-40 points lost between Baku and Singapore, then from Austin on, with 20-30 point gap, either some miraculous corrections work or the title is gone.
The way McLaren are managing things, i wouldn't rule out a Piastri Norris double DNF. McLaren have made zero progress in learning how not to beat themselves.

If Norris had the 17 points he should have , then I'd agree.But he doesn't

Paa

TeamKoolGreen wrote:
03 Sep 2024, 00:47
Sergej wrote:
02 Sep 2024, 07:38
It's very simple: more 30-40 points lost between Baku and Singapore, then from Austin on, with 20-30 point gap, either some miraculous corrections work or the title is gone.
The way McLaren are managing things, i wouldn't rule out a Piastri Norris double DNF. McLaren have made zero progress in learning how not to beat themselves.

If Norris had the 17 points he should have , then I'd agree.But he doesn't
As things currently stands Norris can win the WDC even if he won't win any more races this year. It would be very miserable, but not impossible if Red Bull can't figure it out and Max will have to fight for even 5th place.

Ok, probably Max will have some better races, but I'm sure that Lando will also win some more this season.

CHT
CHT

Landon Norris greatest challenger for the remaining races will likely be Oscar Piastri. Having Mark Webber as manager, I am sure OP is not going to play 2nd fiddle at Mclaren. 2024 is turning out to be a exciting year. Any idea if there is any major upgrade coming for RBR? Perhaps a new front wing?

Dunlay
Dunlay

CHT wrote:
03 Sep 2024, 01:38
Landon Norris greatest challenger for the remaining races will likely be Oscar Piastri. Having Mark Webber as manager, I am sure OP is not going to play 2nd fiddle at Mclaren. 2024 is turning out to be a exciting year. Any idea if there is any major upgrade coming for RBR? Perhaps a new front wing?
Monza isn't representative of race pace like most other circuits. Just in zandvoort, Piastri was so far behind on race pace. There were odd circuits where he was on Lando's pace, but on an average, he is well behind. Untill that picture drastically changes, I don't see how he would be a challenger. Webber was self confessed No.2 driver. How is he going to help him? I understand if his manager was Vettel. :lol:

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Dunlay wrote:
03 Sep 2024, 01:57
CHT wrote:
Monza isn't representative of race pace like most other circuits. Just in zandvoort, Piastri was so far behind on race pace. There were odd circuits where he was on Lando's pace, but on an average, he is well behind. Untill that picture drastically changes, I don't see how he would be a challenger. Webber was self confessed No.2 driver. How is he going to help him? I understand if his manager was Vettel. :lol:
Piastri beat Lando in 3 out of the last 4 races. Piastri is as much a threat to Verstappen as anyone with that Mclaren. Piastri is a driver that is in ascension. Even if he doesn’t beat Norris again, he’s good enough to finish 2nd and take points of Max.

CHT
CHT

Dunlay wrote:
CHT wrote:
That is exactly the reason why Webber won't want OP to be comfortable or think of being no. 2 driver at Mclaren.
For OP, there is really nothing much to loss and I certainly feel OP has potential to be WDC. Personally I would love to see OP driving for RBR as Perez replacement. Perhaps in 2027

Dunlay
Dunlay

AR3-GP wrote:
03 Sep 2024, 02:36
Dunlay wrote:
CHT wrote:
Piastri beat Lando in 3 out of the last 4 races. Piastri is as much a threat to Verstappen as anyone with that Mclaren. Piastri is a driver that is in ascension. Even if he doesn’t beat Norris again, he’s good enough to finish 2nd and take points of Max.
If you simply want to get lost in statistics, that then that's your reality. If you want to look beneath and see what were the reasons for Piastri finishing ahead of Norris then you will understand it's because of Norris making 1st lap mistakes that is putting him behind not just Piastri, but also other drivers. It's like Nico vs Lewis in 2016. That doesn't mean Piastri is on some kind of ascension. Despite his mistake in Zandvoort, when Lando was just behind Max, he made the most out of it while Piastri was stuck behind Leclerc. So it's about Lando making a mistake AND Piastri jumping him AND Lando getting stuck behind other cars that can make Piastri look good in the battle. Is that going to happen every race? Let's see.

deadhead

When was the last time we witnessed such a dramatic decline in performance? The most recent instance that comes to mind is Ferrari's in 2022, but I believe it wasn't as severe.

Sergej
Sergej

deadhead wrote:
03 Sep 2024, 04:24
When was the last time we witnessed such a dramatic decline in performance? The most recent instance that comes to mind is Ferrari's in 2022, but I believe it wasn't as severe.

https://postimg.cc/JHhpxjnJ
It would be interesting to have a similar graph comparing Red Bull to all other teams.

Jurgen von Diaz

Of course not. Newey has nothing to do with the downfall because he was against these solutions for the car and perhaps was one of the reasons, alongside Horner's toxic work environment, why he left the team.

FittingMechanics
FittingMechanics

AR3-GP wrote:
02 Sep 2024, 23:08
In theory they can be closer in Baku because no one will use Monza specific wings there, which Red Bull don't have. In Singapore you only have to qualify well. Race pace doesn't matter.

If they can bring a working update to Austin, they can save this season. If they do not, they will lose both championships. Norris doesn't even need to win take 8 points per race.
McLaren brought a new rear wing to Monza but did not use it. They said that the new ultra low drag rear wing is for Baku and that for Monza they realized they needed an low drag rear wing (Spa).

So I wouldn't be surprised if all the teams run Monza like wings in Baku. At least that is how I understood McLaren.

rayden
rayden

Dunlay wrote:
03 Sep 2024, 03:20
AR3-GP wrote:
Dunlay wrote:
If you simply want to get lost in statistics, that then that's your reality. If you want to look beneath and see what were the reasons for Piastri finishing ahead of Norris then you will understand it's because of Norris making 1st lap mistakes that is putting him behind not just Piastri, but also other drivers. It's like Nico vs Lewis in 2016. That doesn't mean Piastri is on some kind of ascension. Despite his mistake in Zandvoort, when Lando was just behind Max, he made the most out of it while Piastri was stuck behind Leclerc. So it's about Lando making a mistake AND Piastri jumping him AND Lando getting stuck behind other cars that can make Piastri look good in the battle. Is that going to happen every race? Let's see.
Nonsense, Piastri has been the faster driver at Hungary, Spa & Monza. One could argue Lando was quicker in 1 stint @ Hungary but even then that was 3 seconds over 21 laps.

This isn't even getting in to the racing lessons Piastri has been handing out to him lately.

Oscar will be this seasons Minister of defence for Max.

Henk_v
Henk_v

I am not so much into gossip or rumours, and tend to skip any post related to Horner's situation. Yet having been around for a few years in corporates, I am fully confident about what I think I see; Horner is gunning for Domencali's seat.

He is under seige and narrowly saved his seat by winning the internal power struggle. But he knows there is a big element in the organisation now that has been forced to accept his authority. He is no longer the celebrated saviour of RB. This means he may not survive a next attack.

Het has been with red bull for (18?) Years in this position and there is no way up internally. He needs an exit.

Dunlay
Dunlay

rayden wrote:
03 Sep 2024, 12:00
Dunlay wrote:
03 Sep 2024, 03:20
AR3-GP wrote:

Nonsense, Piastri has been the faster driver at Hungary, Spa & Monza. One could argue Lando was quicker in 1 stint @ Hungary but even then that was 3 seconds over 21 laps.

This isn't even getting in to the racing lessons Piastri has been handing out to him lately.

Oscar will be this seasons Minister of defence for Max.
Other than a fan perspective, I don't see any sense here. No data, no debate. There should be data backed for argument, otherwise it's just stale argument.