2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Seanspeed
Seanspeed

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

catent wrote:
02 Sep 2024, 15:38
Seanspeed wrote:
02 Sep 2024, 15:02
dialtone wrote:
02 Sep 2024, 00:42
Have we just finished watching a race in which both Ferraris finished on a 1 stopper with a race pace similar to the rest and somehow you say it's worse than MCL in terms of tire deg?

I don't understand why some folks need to just negate facts in front of them.
I cannot for the life of me comprehend this new trend of thinking only the last race matters when judging performance or characteristics or whatever. Analyzing trends is far more important than one single race/race weekend.

Yes, Ferrari on the whole has had worse tire degradation than Mclaren. It's a strength of the car relative to previous years, but it's not something that has especially enhanced Ferrari's competitiveness over the top competition this season, either. I think that's an entirely reasonable claim. Monza was an exception, not the rule.
We must not be watching the same season because I have not seen McLaren exhibiting consistently superior tire deg to Ferrari on the balance of the 2024 season. They’ve simply had a faster car since Miami.
A not-insignificant part of their 'faster car' advantage has literally been their amazing ability to still have great pace late in a stint/race.

This is something that is pretty well observed by pretty much any reasonable person watching. But for some reason, this topic is full of bizarro takes on pretty much everything.

Fakepivot
Fakepivot

so Aston martin will soo announce Adrin Newey sign up, man its a shame that Ferrari missed out.
And as for new hiring at Ferrari they have added Matteo Marini as head of tire department.. https://scuderiafans.com/ferrari-contin ... tire-area/

F1NAC

Fakepivot wrote:
03 Sep 2024, 17:14
so Aston martin will soo announce Adrin Newey sign up, man its a shame that Ferrari missed out.
And as for new hiring at Ferrari they have added Matteo Marini as head of tire department.. https://scuderiafans.com/ferrari-contin ... tire-area/
Ferrari didn’t miss out. They made him an offer for sure. He just didn’t want that. Actually Newey missed out on working for Ferrari.

Also if those rumours are true, that he wanted more power in hiring decision and etc… that’s ridiculous.

jambuka
jambuka

Will Ferrari bring Flex front wings and can exploit performance from that area? Now that FIA seems to say Mclaren, Merc front wings are ok.

Xyz22
Xyz22

jambuka wrote:
03 Sep 2024, 19:17
Will Ferrari bring Flex front wings and can exploit performance from that area? Now that FIA seems to say Mclaren, Merc front wings are ok.
Maybe next year.
The front of the car will be quite different according to rumors as they will switch to the pull rod layout

Vanja #66

WCC points, standings after 16 races are as follows:

2004 - 582 (latest points system)

2007 - 457 (latest points system)

2017 – 395

2022 – 406

2023 - 285

2024 – 407

As I said a few days ago, total points tally of last year is already surpassed. 2024 could end up being as good as 17, 18 or 22 in terms of points per race, it will be close. All that without having a car that fights to win every race and with just one real competitor per season, which says everything about the level of both drivers and how much the strategy and operations have improved.

2007 was a lot better as Ferrari and McLaren had a massive margin over everyone else and Todt was better at using team's chances than Arrivabene or Binotto were, unfortunately. 2004, any comment is superfluous :lol:
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

KimiRai
KimiRai

Vanja #66 wrote:
03 Sep 2024, 19:32
WCC points, standings after 16 races are as follows:

2004 - 582 (latest points system)

2007 - 457 (latest points system)

2017 – 395

2022 – 406

2023 - 285

2024 – 407

As I said a few days ago, total points tally of last year is already surpassed. 2024 could end up being as good as 17, 18 or 22 in terms of points per race, it will be close. All that without having a car that fights to win every race and with just one real competitor per season, which says everything about the level of both drivers and how much the strategy and operations have improved.

2007 was a lot better as Ferrari and McLaren had a massive margin over everyone else and Todt was better at using team's chances than Arrivabene or Binotto were, unfortunately. 2004, any comment is superfluous :lol:
Thank you for appreciating the level of both drivers :) All things considered Sainz has been a great teammate to Leclerc

ScuderiaLeo

<>

Xyz22 wrote:
03 Sep 2024, 19:18
Maybe next year.
The front of the car will be quite different according to rumors as they will switch to the pull rod layout
It's probably too late to create a new FW for this year, right? Unless they've had it in the pipeline for some time, which seems unlikely since I imagine they were focused on the floor that came in Monza.

yooogurt

jambuka wrote:
So far FIA has made the worst decision for Ferrari and RB, like this season everything is legal, and next season we may or may not ban them. And you can't guess whether they'll ban it or not.
FORZA FERRARI!

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

yooogurt wrote:
03 Sep 2024, 21:56
jambuka wrote:
So far FIA has made the worst decision for Ferrari and RB, like this season everything is legal, and next season we may or may not ban them. And you can't guess whether they'll ban it or not.
Yup :lol:

Mclaren and Merc already spent the money and got the reward over multiple races. It won't hurt them as much to lose it. Ferrari and RB could waste a lot of resource investigating it, and only have it for 2-3 races before the test change.

yooogurt

ScuderiaLeo wrote:
03 Sep 2024, 21:47
It's probably too late to create a new FW for this year, right? Unless they've had it in the pipeline for some time, which seems unlikely since I imagine they were focused on the floor that came in Monza.
There probably need to design the whole car under flex wing to benefit from them, I wouldn't be surprised if McLaren and Mercedes have them banned now and lose a lot of pace like Aston did last year.
FORZA FERRARI!

Xyz22
Xyz22

Fakepivot wrote:
Major mistake by Ferrari.

With a good engine Newey would have easily created the best chassis in the field.

jambuka
jambuka

Xyz22 wrote:
03 Sep 2024, 23:07
Fakepivot wrote:

With a good engine Newey would have easily created the best chassis in the field.
Any news about Ferrari 2026 engine development ? Marko seems to be pretty confident their engine will be up there. Reports also say Mercedes is ahead.

ScuderiaLeo

Fakepivot wrote:
Because I'm delusional, I have full faith that Ferrari will build a title-worthy car soon and make everyone eat their words about them making a mistake with Newey. :lol: (If this turns out not to be true, don't @ me.)

Formu1a.uno livestream summary - much of this is just reiteration/confirmation of stuff from last month:
  • Lots of praise toward the drivers, and the team is extremely happy with their performance.
  • The mood in Maranello is very high right now due to the win; everyone is smiling, eager to work, and there's a strong sense of community. The team trust Vasseur's direction and feel some loyalty to him and his vision already.
  • Ferrari will reveal the new technical structure soon, seemingly within the next few days. (How many times have we been told this?) In addition to Serra as the new TD, there will be numerous people from Red Bull joining who have not yet been announced, as well as some internal promotions and other reshuffling to suit everybody's strengths under the new system. The Serra-Tondi-Montecchi McLaren-like organization is still expected.
Last edited by ScuderiaLeo on 04 Sep 2024, 00:45, edited 1 time in total.

Xyz22
Xyz22

jambuka wrote:
04 Sep 2024, 00:24
Xyz22 wrote:
03 Sep 2024, 23:07
Fakepivot wrote:

Any news about Ferrari 2026 engine development ? Marko seems to be pretty confident their engine will be up there. Reports also say Mercedes is ahead.
Current rumors are close to worthless in my opinion.