2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
ing.

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

bluechris wrote:
06 Sep 2024, 23:30
AR3-GP wrote:
06 Sep 2024, 17:33
Xyz22 wrote:
06 Sep 2024, 17:27

Interesting stuff here. Leclerc said post race that he wanted to keep the brake balance rearwards to keep the front tyres as protected as possible. He traded some micro lock ups on the rear tyres for front left tyre life.
Leclerc having the assertiveness to disregard his engineer and do what was best in the moment is a positive change in his approach. It's funny that he immediately won a race because of it. :lol:
Yeah but credits also to Sainz because he was the 1st who ignored team orders in some races and he was right all this years. Leclerc as teammate is not stupid and learned this. I mean who could trust Ferrari strategy team the previous years and Sainz sometimes shown the way even though this year they seem to do it right.
I really don’t understand this narrative of Sainz being some kind of strategy genius. The only two events I remember that he actually gained anything (for himself) was Monaco ‘22—where he pretty much messed up team strategy to get a 2nd place—and Silverstone’22 where he just basically called out Ferrari’s stupid mitigation plan sheet they’d royally screwed LEC by not putting in new tires for a SC restart. Anyone and his brother would have pleaded against doing what was being proposed.

The team and its strategists have—or should have—the big picture view of the race, and so should be making the calls, not the drivers. Drivers can be consulted but not left to make the final call. In the case of Monza, there was already a plan to one-stop but this needed to be confirmed during the race and it was and they executed it.

Paa

ing. wrote:
07 Sep 2024, 01:16

I really don’t understand this narrative of Sainz being some kind of strategy genius. The only two events I remember that he actually gained anything (for himself) was Monaco ‘22—where he pretty much messed up team strategy to get a 2nd place—and Silverstone’22 where he just basically called out Ferrari’s stupid mitigation plan sheet they’d royally screwed LEC by not putting in new tires for a SC restart. Anyone and his brother would have pleaded against doing what was being proposed.
There was also Singapore '23. Sainz giving the DRS to Norris against the Mercs was also his idea.

deadhead

Sainz has been in F1 for a very long time and he only became a "strategy genius smooth operator" after that one race in Singapore last year, no real signs of that in the 9 years prior.

catent

AR3-GP wrote:
06 Sep 2024, 19:49
According to a report by Corriere dello Sport, Fred Vasseur attempted to sign GP Lambiase, Max Verstappen’s race engineer, in hopes that he would be Lewis Hamilton’s race engineer next year. GP turned him down and extended his contract at Red Bull instead.
https://racingnews365.com/ferrari-attem ... l---report

What would have happened to Adami?
Replace Bozzi, who, while a certain upgrade over his predecessor, hasn’t blown me away? I still think Adami is a sharp race engineer.

Fakepivot
Fakepivot

catent wrote:
07 Sep 2024, 05:34
AR3-GP wrote:
According to a report by Corriere dello Sport, Fred Vasseur attempted to sign GP Lambiase, Max Verstappen’s race engineer, in hopes that he would be Lewis Hamilton’s race engineer next year. GP turned him down and extended his contract at Red Bull instead.

Replace Bozzi, who, while a certain upgrade over his predecessor, hasn’t blown me away? I still think Adami is a sharp race engineer.
Bryan is learning quick. they had issue with comms in Silverstone, but Charles revealed in an interview that they have now sorted. even mentioned that they had prepared code word when to box in Zandvoort to undercut and they executed that well. they will improve over time, Rikky has been race engineer for so long that I feel he should be promoted to do something else, Ferrari have Other British race engineer that can take over for Lewis, back in 2023 Zandvoort Robert was taken over for free practice 1, I remember hearing a British race engineer for him back then so I assume Ferrari have some British race engineers they can try with Lewis.

K1Plus
K1Plus

Fakepivot wrote:
07 Sep 2024, 08:37
catent wrote:
07 Sep 2024, 05:34
AR3-GP wrote:

Bryan is learning quick. they had issue with comms in Silverstone, but Charles revealed in an interview that they have now sorted. even mentioned that they had prepared code word when to box in Zandvoort to undercut and they executed that well. they will improve over time, Rikky has been race engineer for so long that I feel he should be promoted to do something else, Ferrari have Other British race engineer that can take over for Lewis, back in 2023 Zandvoort Robert was taken over for free practice 1, I remember hearing a British race engineer for him back then so I assume Ferrari have some British race engineers they can try with Lewis.
Rikki is one of the best still. On par with GP, Bono and Marcus. Maybe less enthusiastic, but cool as a cucumber.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Vanja #66 wrote:
04 Sep 2024, 20:38
AR3-GP wrote:
04 Sep 2024, 20:18
The post spanish GP car bounced in high speed corners...stop this :lol:

The new floor is a correction for that package. That Spanish GP car would have been awful at COTA, so yes, COTA is a test.
Hungary floor was a corrective floor that massively reduced bouncing and thus reduced overall downforce levels. You still need downforce in short-radius corners and if you are missing it you will not be competitive.

Austria was an example of a track where spanish-spec car should have been better than elsewhere, but it wasn't. Nothing supports an expectation that spanish-spec car would have been very competitive in Baku and Singapore, as the relevant data is limited to one single track
Ferrari needs more evidence for its high-speed bouncing fix

"It’s quite difficult to understand the impact of the upgrade on a track like Monza, because we are in such a different configuration compared to the rest of the season," Ferrari team boss Fred Vasseur said.

"We will need to wait for more normal tracks to see if this upgrade has really turned our season around and we're going to fight for wins from now on or we are going to go back to what we saw in Zandvoort," said Carlos Sainz, who finished off the podium in fourth.

"I'm honestly not sure. We need more samples on this new floor and we need to go to more normal tracks. I guess the next normal one is Austin because the ones coming up are very particular, Baku and Singapore. Austin will tell us how good we are with this new floor."

"In Baku there's not one single high-speed corner or medium-speed corner, it's all low-speed, very particular like Singapore. So I think we are not going to see how much we've improved the car in high-speed to medium-speed corners."
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ferr ... /10651825/

the fight continues Vanja... :wink: :lol:

bluechris

ScuderiaLeo wrote:
07 Sep 2024, 00:48
bluechris wrote:
Yeah but credits also to Sainz because he was the 1st who ignored team orders in some races and he was right all this years. Leclerc as teammate is not stupid and learned this. I mean who could trust Ferrari strategy team the previous years and Sainz sometimes shown the way even though this year they seem to do it right.
I don't think Sainz has or had anything to do with Leclerc wanting to micro-manage his tires, lol.
Not specific for tyres but general Sainz sometimes do what he thinks best and most of the times he is right, that's why i said that..
And for next year we will have Hamilton that i don't remember him to do 1 single thing alone. Everything he does is what team tells him.

Henri
Henri

bluechris wrote:
07 Sep 2024, 14:13
ScuderiaLeo wrote:
bluechris wrote:
I don't think Sainz has or had anything to do with Leclerc wanting to micro-manage his tires, lol.
Not specific for tyres but general Sainz sometimes do what he thinks best and most of the times he is right, that's why i said that..
And for next year we will have Hamilton that i don't remember him to do 1 single thing alone. Everything he does is what team tells him.
You dn't know what you talking about

scuderiabrandon

bluechris wrote:
07 Sep 2024, 14:13
ScuderiaLeo wrote:
bluechris wrote:
You need your f1tv or skysports subscription revoked indefinitely if you've watched the sport and come to these conclusions.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Let's drop it. This is not productive :lol:

Fakepivot
Fakepivot

AR3-GP wrote:
07 Sep 2024, 15:03
yea Charles vs carols is really tiring, team comes first. Also Aston are paying 30 million for adrian :wtf:

well i am glad Ferrari drop talk with Adrian, imagine spending 30m for adrian + 30 to 50m for charles + 100 m for lewis Too expensive and if ferrari fails to bring both titles back to Maranello it would be huge failure

Sevach
Sevach

bluechris wrote:

He didn't change the strategy here.
He just stuck to his guns on how to manage the tires.

Xyz22
Xyz22

Fakepivot wrote:
07 Sep 2024, 15:10
AR3-GP wrote:
07 Sep 2024, 15:03
yea Charles vs carols is really tiring, team comes first. Also Aston are paying 30 million for adrian :wtf:

well i am glad Ferrari drop talk with Adrian, imagine spending 30m for adrian + 30 to 50m for charles + 100 m for lewis Too expensive and if ferrari fails to bring both titles back to Maranello it would be huge failure
30M is not a lot for Newey. He is way more valuable than any driver on the grid.

Imagine spending 100 M for Hamilton and not 30 M for Newey :lol:

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Fakepivot wrote:
07 Sep 2024, 15:10
Also Aston are paying 30 million for adrian :wtf:

AMR has backing from ARAMCO, Stroll, and Honda. It is nothing for them. These are rounding errors in the annual statements. It would have been nothing for Ferrari, PMI, and all the Hamilton affiliates. Just a couple years ago, this team was spending 450million a season with little concern.