2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Rikrikrik
Rikrikrik

Re: 2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

KimiRai wrote:
10 Sep 2024, 17:13
Only Cardile and Bell missing from the photo

Also Fernando is always right next to Newey :lol:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GXH6iFFWoAA ... name=large

"God, my job is safe now, thanks Lord"

-wkst-
-wkst-

Rikrikrik wrote:
10 Sep 2024, 16:20
Obviously in the papers and contracts Newey just start in march, but, guys, we need to be reasonable, u really beleive newey will dont give any information about 2025 or even AMR24? really? He must have already given opinions about the problematic AMR24. 2025 will be 100% more competitive than 2024. Newey wont sit back watching AM suffering inteire 2025
If I remember correctly Newey said something like he's looking forward to some holidays starting on thursday, because it was a busy time the last weeks...

KimiRai
KimiRai

diffuser

KimiRai wrote:
10 Sep 2024, 15:15
Sherrinford wrote:
10 Sep 2024, 14:53
The 2025 Aston Martin for me will fight easily for the victory, it takes little to fix the car. Gardening is a physical limitation, but through communication means it fixes the car. I remember in 2021 when it was said that Redbull was aiming for that and for 2022 it took them only a few months to make the car for the following year. And in fact it was like that. If you have the right people this is what happens in F1, Newey is the best engineer ever in F1 and guys I'll see you in March in Bahrain.
Let's calm down :lol:
Car is in a sorry state at the moment, don't forget where we are. Next updates working would already be a feat for this team
If it was that easy to work for a team while on Gardening leave why hasn't Newey been already helping the team ? It's been a while since he knew he was coming over. They were just waiting for when it could be announced.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

diffuser wrote:
10 Sep 2024, 18:20
KimiRai wrote:
Sherrinford wrote:
10 Sep 2024, 14:53
The 2025 Aston Martin for me will fight easily for the victory, it takes little to fix the car. Gardening is a physical limitation, but through communication means it fixes the car. I remember in 2021 when it was said that Redbull was aiming for that and for 2022 it took them only a few months to make the car for the following year. And in fact it was like that. If you have the right people this is what happens in F1, Newey is the best engineer ever in F1 and guys I'll see you in March in Bahrain.
Car is in a sorry state at the moment, don't forget where we are. Next updates working would already be a feat for this team
If it was that easy to work for a team while on Gardening leave why hasn't Newey been already helping the team ? It's been a while since he knew he was coming over. They were just waiting for when it could be announced.
There was actually an article put out a few days ago on autosport about the effectiveness of gardening leave.

The gist of it was that since remote work became possible, unless you have the gardener under 24 hour supervision, you cannot police their movements and working habits during the gardening leave. I'm sure there will be small things that Adrian can influence for 2025 but I suspect as of March 2025, he will be fulltime 2026 project.

Waz
Waz

All this Gardening Leave bs assu.mes anyone even wants to work when they don't have to. He will surely just take a holiday like most of us would

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Waz wrote:
10 Sep 2024, 19:06
All this Gardening Leave bs assu.mes anyone even wants to work when they don't have to. He will surely just take a holiday like most of us would
Newey wants to work to stay sharp.

Big Tea

KimiRai wrote:
10 Sep 2024, 17:22
Newey will start working from March 2nd.
He will start working at AM on Mar 2, you can bet his head (and notebook) is already well allong in the plan of the new car.
He also looks at all the others cars trackside too, so you can imagine his thoughts when he sees them. Like Ah look at that, it would be better if it was like this, and it would take seconds to pass this titbit to the team so that that change is already in the works when he arrives.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

peewon

Nikosar wrote:
08 Sep 2024, 10:20

Yes the rumours are true, it is a done deal with the capital fund Accel and private credit HPS Investment Partners that are set to invest between 1,5 and 2 billion $. So yes, Lawernce decided to sell part of the team. Aston will make an announcement soon.

Very strange that Aramco did not participate.
Stroll just didnt want to be called Lawrence of Arabia.

peewon

AR3-GP wrote:
10 Sep 2024, 18:24
diffuser wrote:
10 Sep 2024, 18:20
KimiRai wrote:

There was actually an article put out a few days ago on autosport about the effectiveness of gardening leave.

The gist of it was that since remote work became possible, unless you have the gardener under 24 hour supervision, you cannot police their movements and working habits during the gardening leave. I'm sure there will be small things that Adrian can influence for 2025 but I suspect as of March 2025, he will be fulltime 2026 project.
He said in the interview that he will be taking a holiday with his wife. He mentioned how long he's been in F1 non stop, doing other side projects. Genuinely think he wants a bit of a break. In order to make meaningful changes he would have to get the team's feedback first. I think he will only have focus on 2026 car.

peewon

bananapeel23 wrote:
10 Sep 2024, 14:17
Aston Martin is really starting to feel like mid 00s Red Bull. Just massive investment left right and center into the right places. Top tier factory, cutting-edge wind tunnel, massive hiring spree.

Unless they start facing Alpine-esque internal politics they are destined to become a regular part of the front running pack. The problem is that that means there will be 10 front running cars out of 20, meaning there will be F1 and F1.5, with nothing in between.

We really need more teams.
I expect quite wide spread actually but based on power units. I also think one PU will be far ahead.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

peewon wrote:
10 Sep 2024, 19:49
He said in the interview that he will be taking a holiday with his wife. He mentioned how long he's been in F1 non stop, doing other side projects. Genuinely think he wants a bit of a break. In order to make meaningful changes he would have to get the team's feedback first. I think he will only have focus on 2026 car.
He has been on "holiday" for the last 3 months. :lol:

peewon

Just a reminder that Helmut Marko predicted Newey going to AM as far back as Miami GP in May.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/helmut-ma ... xt-f1-team

Just to highlight that lot of what fans hear in the media and from pundits are speculations and often have ulterior motives behind them. Big decisions are usually made long in advance and certain people are always in the know.

vas_04614
vas_04614

AR3-GP wrote:
10 Sep 2024, 19:59
peewon wrote:
10 Sep 2024, 19:49
He has been on "holiday" for the last 3 months. :lol:

Adrian saying that all his tools are blocked in gardening leave, so not possible even if he wants to design car at home

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

vas_04614 wrote:
10 Sep 2024, 20:33

Adrian saying that all his tools are blocked in gardening leave, so not possible even if he wants to design car at home
He's not going to announce to the world that he is potentially not following every last line of the gardening term is he? :lol:

I'm not saying he's going to go work full time at Aston Martin, but his influence at the team will happen regardless of the leave. Adrian could indicate to Aston Martin the people that he wants hired during the contract negotiations. Small ideas can spill over from informal chit chats. It's impossible to keep a man like this from influencing things. The man has just spent 3 months telling Aston Martin how he envisions the team to look and the conditions for gaining his services. This has already influenced Aston Martin in a positive way. His utility is not just in car design, but also in shaping the team by making the right demands and having the right people and methods in place. That process started long before his gardening leave expired.