Adrian Newey Leaves Red Bull Racing

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Vanja #66

Re: Adrian Newey Leaves Red Bull Racing

-wkst- wrote:
10 Sep 2024, 13:22
The exactly same could be said about Ferrari.
How so? Did a billionaire buy the whole company to make his son F1 champion asap?
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

-wkst-
-wkst-

No, but the italian press would make a bloodbath if also the "guru" Newey wouldn't deliver. I don't think working at Ferrari would be that great in this scenario...

As Newey said in the press conference, he is making pressure himself. He is 65, he knows what he is doing.

Stroll bought the whole company, yes, sold a part to Arctos, will sell 20-25% in the near future to 2 further partners. He's not alone anymore.

ScottB
ScottB

-wkst- wrote:
Vanja #66 wrote:
10 Sep 2024, 12:09
Managing Technical Partner, shareholder, overlord. I can't think how bad it will be with Stroll Sr if they don't win titles in 26...

And still noone got fired after the bad 2024 season so far at AMR. Not Krack, not Fallows, noone.
I dunno, Stroll made a comment about not having such a technical lead before, and now has Newey, Cardile and Cowell joining the team. If Fallows stays he's definitely now got at least 3 people above him...

Vanja #66

-wkst- wrote:
10 Sep 2024, 15:45
No, but the italian press would make a bloodbath if also the "guru" Newey wouldn't deliver. I don't think working at Ferrari would be that great in this scenario...

As Newey said in the press conference, he is making pressure himself. He is 65, he knows what he is doing.

Stroll bought the whole company, yes, sold a part to Arctos, will sell 20-25% in the near future to 2 further partners. He's not alone anymore.
Internal and external pressures are two different things. Italian media bark too much, but if an owner starts putting pressure to deliver updates before time it messes up everything about RnD plans and can lead to a situation where RnD can't even get enough time to understand what's wrong before they have to churn out another update package

#BlessYouLaddie

-wkst-
-wkst-

ScottB wrote:
10 Sep 2024, 16:54
-wkst- wrote:
Vanja #66 wrote:
Managing Technical Partner, shareholder, overlord. I can't think how bad it will be with Stroll Sr if they don't win titles in 26...

And still noone got fired after the bad 2024 season so far at AMR. Not Krack, not Fallows, noone.
I dunno, Stroll made a comment about not having such a technical lead before, and now has Newey, Cardile and Cowell joining the team. If Fallows stays he's definitely now got at least 3 people above him...
So in fact the same situation for Fallows as at RBR but with Cardile instead of Wache and Cowell instead of Horner, but with much more money in the pocket...

Sevach
Sevach

-wkst- wrote:
10 Sep 2024, 17:54

So in fact the same situation for Fallows as at RBR but with Cardile instead of Wache and Cowell instead of Horner, but with much more money in the pocket...
Wasn't Fallows above Waché at the time? His hiring was regarded as a great coup.
Next thing you know Waché was the new hottest property that everyone wanted.

The "number 2" at RBR always gets a reputation boost(until now, let's see if Waché can find his way out of this mess... and how he does in the next regulations).

-wkst-
-wkst-

Sevach wrote:
10 Sep 2024, 18:35
-wkst- wrote:
10 Sep 2024, 17:54

Wasn't Fallows above Waché at the time? His hiring was regarded as a great coup.
Next thing you know Waché was the new hottest property that everyone wanted.

The "number 2" at RBR always gets a reputation boost(until now, let's see if Waché can find his way out of this mess... and how he does in the next regulations).
Wache got TD in 2018. Fallows was head of aero.

@Vanja

I guess you don’t have insides into the AMR or Ferrari working environment, neither have I. So this is just pure speculation from your side, especially your last posting. I don’t think however that Stroll got rich, because he didn’t listen to others and always did things the way he liked it…

CHT
CHT

AN leaving RBR to become a shareholder of F1 team was something I anticipated could happen. Was thinking it may be Williams F1 as AN is too British to want to move to Ferrari.

AN has many years of success at RBR working with Honda engine and to be reunited again at AM will certainly make good sense.

So lets not discount the possibility that Alonso may win the WDC in 2026. Exciting time ahead.

Sidewinder
Sidewinder

-wkst- wrote:
Vanja #66 wrote:

Fallows is getting fired next year once Newey and Cardile are operational.

SiLo

CHT wrote:
11 Sep 2024, 05:55
AN leaving RBR to become a shareholder of F1 team was something I anticipated could happen. Was thinking it may be Williams F1 as AN is too British to want to move to Ferrari.

AN has many years of success at RBR working with Honda engine and to be reunited again at AM will certainly make good sense.

So lets not discount the possibility that Alonso may win the WDC in 2026. Exciting time ahead.
An said in the podcast interview that he always makes a point of going to a team that isn't currently successful, so going to Ferrari might have ruled that out because they have been at the sharp end of the grid for a few years, winning races.
Felipe Baby!

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Sidewinder wrote:
11 Sep 2024, 11:21
I have similar suspicions...

Dunlay
Dunlay

Sidewinder wrote:
11 Sep 2024, 11:21
-wkst- wrote:
Vanja #66 wrote:

Fallows is Technical Director and Cardile is joining as Chief Technical Officer, which is above the TD.

Vanja #66

-wkst- wrote:
10 Sep 2024, 21:35
@Vanja

I guess you don’t have insides into the AMR or Ferrari working environment
I can neither confirm nor deny this

#BlessYouLaddie

dialtone
dialtone

Dunlay wrote:Fallows is Technical Director and Cardile is joining as Chief Technical Officer, which is above the TD.
Isn’t Fallows the same one that said: working with AN is a pleasure? Would be fun if he’s the first one out.

PlatinumZealot

PlatinumZealot wrote:
07 May 2024, 18:54
chrisc90 wrote:
06 May 2024, 11:11
Does anyone know what shares Adrian has inside of RBR? I think they both hinted at it. Although Adrian isnt actually listed as a director on anything inside companies house.
He will have a good portion if he's smart. He helped build the team from the ashes of Jaguar he would have asked for shares as a matter of course. I don't expect any more than 5% however maybe 2.5% is realistic.
Apparently he confirmed that he was not offered any shares in RedBull!! can you believe it?!!
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028