2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Sergej
Sergej

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

lio007 wrote:
13 Sep 2024, 17:04
Sergej wrote:
13 Sep 2024, 16:32
Jurgen von Diaz wrote:
13 Sep 2024, 16:29
A bit bittersweet from Horner, maybe.

what is Horner on here ? it always happens that a technician is announced before he ends gardening leave
Typical media made-up - focus on two words... what's wrong with his statement? Have you ever seen such a big event (stream,...) for an announcement? You could get the impression AN had his first official day at AM.
the fact that I've never seen such a big event for an announcement does not mean it was wrong to do it, after all there ever existed such a successful F1 designer ? AM had plenty of right to do that.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

As I mentioned before, the team is working FLAT OUT to bring solutions to the performance problems. The feeling is quite positive that they have an understanding of what is going on and how to address it. This floor patchwork is their best attempt at modifying an older floor with some aero solutions. If this goes well, then more updates will be trialed in Singapore as well (incremental steps). The final floor for Austin should take these learnings and implement them in a more permanent design solution.

So while I was previously a bit dismissive of this approach, after having some conversations, it seems there is a very targeted method to what they are doing. The FP1 feedback is very positive, which is a very good sign. Let’s see how things progress.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

There is disconnected messaging between Marko, and the rest of the team. Marko did not suggest that the team would start changing the car in Baku. He and Horner also had different stances on the driver situation when questioned.

organic

AR3-GP wrote:
13 Sep 2024, 17:20
There is disconnected messaging between Marko, and the rest of the team. Marko did not suggest that the team would start changing the car in Baku. He and Horner also had different stances on the driver situation when questioned.
Yeah Marko said Baku they'd just run older specs. And that was what we all expected.. not this very interesting keel diffuser etc

Sergej
Sergej

lio007

Sergej wrote:
13 Sep 2024, 17:11
lio007 wrote:
13 Sep 2024, 17:04
Sergej wrote:
13 Sep 2024, 16:32

what is Horner on here ? it always happens that a technician is announced before he ends gardening leave
Typical media made-up - focus on two words... what's wrong with his statement? Have you ever seen such a big event (stream,...) for an announcement? You could get the impression AN had his first official day at AM.
the fact that I've never seen such a big event for an announcement does not mean it was wrong to do it, after all there ever existed such a successful F1 designer ? AM had plenty of right to do that.
From a commercial point of view and from team perspective I can understand CH's comment, as AN still gets money from Red Bull. I just criticize the event and not the announcement per se.

But it is what it is. Let's move on.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Any comment from Verstappen and Perez? The only thing I have seen is Verstappen talking about being unhappy with visors.

organic

AR3-GP wrote:
13 Sep 2024, 18:11
Any comment from Verstappen and Perez? The only thing I have seen is Verstappen talking about being unhappy with visors.
verstappen
“I think overall we had a good day,” Verstappen said.

“We learned a few things. Now we have to look back at what we tried.

“But so far it seems like we are more competitive this weekend, so that’s positive.”

“It’s very slippery and there are a lot of 90-degree corners,” he explained.

“Sometimes you keep the brakes on as a precaution to avoid hitting the wall.

“Of course, FP2 was a bit more difficult for me. We need to get the balance a bit better and then I’m sure we can be competitive.”
perez
“It was definitely a good, solid day,” said Perez after finishing just 0.006s back from Leclerc in FP2.

The Mexican is the only repeat winner at Baku and bettered Red Bull team-mate Verstappen by half a second after the Dutchman was quickest in FP1.

“We did good progress from FP1 to FP2, so we just have to make sure that we’re able to progress from here, the Mexican added.

“I think we can definitely be in the mix for tomorrow.

“I think we’re heading in the right direction, we’re finding that we can put a little bit more together the car.

“There’s still a long way to go, but it’s promising what we’ve seen so far.”

“I think tomorrow anything can happen, really, so we just have to keep our head down and hopefully deliver a great couple of laps,” he said. “Well, we only need one in Q3!”

pantherxxx
pantherxxx

From Red Bull website: https://www.redbullracing.com/int-en/20 ... ice-report

"Both Bulls finished the session by completing nine high-fuel, race-simulation laps on their used mediums."

Those were pretty good laps then considering the fuel load and tyre wear.

organic

Apparently Perez/max were not running the same floor experiments in FP. Data gathering and they can use what worked best for Saturday

organic

organic wrote:
13 Sep 2024, 18:55
Apparently Perez/max were not running the same floor experiments in FP. Data gathering and they can use what worked best for Saturday
Marko with Amus confirms this and says Perez's floor delivered more predictable behaviour

venkyhere
venkyhere

for the first time in months, saw a friday where the Redbull's body language (both, despite the diff floors) looked 'normal, uneventful' (with a tiny hint of understeer I think).

Not reading too much into the times, the only time slice number which looked 'relevant' to me, was the sector2 times - nothing much can be hidden/sandbagged with engine modes or battery level, when in Q run mode in this sector. The car seems to have 're-discovered' it's front end, it was looking "nailed" in those quick direction change corners in the castle section.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

organic wrote:
13 Sep 2024, 19:21
organic wrote:
13 Sep 2024, 18:55
Marko with Amus confirms this and says Perez's floor delivered more predictable behaviour
Is there a light at the end of the tunnel... :lol:

organic

F1's official qualifying/race pace analysis based on free practice has red bull 1st for both

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/arti ... 1XLxArWp0x

chrisc90

Whats the overall conclusion so far then? Much better balance now? Were the long runs good?