2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Vettel165

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Yeah looking back now not that bad. This race was an experiment again... Now Max please do some Singapore magic. Q3 is crucial.

Sergej
Sergej

AR3-GP wrote:
15 Sep 2024, 15:01
Sergej wrote:
15 Sep 2024, 15:01
but are we sure Checo and Max had different setup ? We know that Max cut some DF off after FP3, still he was on a different setup ?
Max's car was jumping. It's something mechanical that was changed.
ok, I will wait for some official confirmation that they had different setup, then I can say it's good news IF also Max can use that setup

at the moment I would keep at bay any optimism, we need to see more

Sergej
Sergej

another big hit to the budget btw, that's very bad

Juzh

Even with reduced downforce the car was unable to overtake or defend against anyone. Setup change really looks like a major error (again). Only 3 points loss is a miracle. There's a chance even ferrari gets ahead in WCC though. Mclaren is already 20 points ahead and will be looong gone in a few races time.

Bill
Bill

the moment i saw sainz in the background i got worried.the more cars you have fighting for position the likely for chaos to ensue .william should be happy with their new driver which i think is just overrated.

Paa

Having bad setup/slow pace is one thing, but Red Bull is seriously falling in strategy/operation side which is completely inexcusable.

1. Having >3s pit stops is now becoming a trend.

2. How could they not change strategy and pit Max around lap27-30 when it was clear that he was stuck in a DRS train, losing plenty of race time and destroying his tyres. Pitting him 5-10 laps before Lando would have made sure to keep the position against him at the very least (which should be priority), with a remote chance of catching George by the end.
What would they try to achieve by keeping him out for so long in the train? He already lost almost the entire pit stop time in that train against Sainz, while destroying the tyres. It was blatantly obvious that Norris will catch him after his pitstop. This was again Ferrari-2022 style, and not the first time this year.

Probably I was driving my girlfriend crazy during the race, stating every lap that they should pit Max, otherwise Norris will catch him.

Juzh

Paa wrote:
15 Sep 2024, 15:19
Having bad setup/slow pace is one thing, but Red Bull is seriously falling in strategy/operation side which is completely inexcusable.

1. Having >3s pit stops is now becoming a trend.

2. How could they not change strategy and pit Max around lap27-30 when it was clear that he was stuck in a DRS train, losing plenty of race time and destroying his tyres. Pitting him 5-10 laps before Lando would have made sure to keep the position against him at the very least (which should be priority), with a remote chance of catching George by the end.
What would they try to achieve by keeping him out for so long in the train? He already lost almost the entire pit stop time in that train against Sainz, while destroying the tyres. It was blatantly obvious that Norris will catch him after his pitstop. This was again Ferrari-2022 style, and not the first time this year.

Probably I was driving my girlfriend crazy during the race, stating every lap that they should pit Max, otherwise Norris will catch him.
Yep, agreed :!:

Bill
Bill

newey was always involved in strategy u can see that they is a gap redbull has become timid no longer bold courageous strat decisions.maybe losing their sporting director too has influence.

Sergej
Sergej

Ok so Marko confirmed they had different setup so that's a positive, but unfortunately he also said that the crash is a massive setback for Singapore and has consequences for that weekend because they wanted to test things that they can‘t do now.

Bill
Bill

max having problems with brake again which begs the question why did they change the brake supplier.

chrisc90

Bill wrote:
15 Sep 2024, 15:41
max having problems with brake again which begs the question why did they change the brake supplier.
Those were high temps after trying to pass Lando

venkyhere
venkyhere

takeaways for me :

1. amazing drive by Perez, he was onto P2, preserved his tyres superbly. However, his not-top-tier racecraft when he is the attacker shows up again. He has lost places like this in so many tracks, even in Singapore. It was a no brainer, to always go on the inside of T1, even to near the wall, because its impossible to go in the outside and overtake for T1, as the 'over-under' wont work here since the pass is achieved via outbraking 'through the corner', not 'before the corner' (it might work in COTA T1, where there is elevation change, but no way it works here - it's pretty basic, is it not?). Regarding the crash, feels really sorry for him. For the first time in 6 months, he looked competitive, and he was done in, by a notty Sainz.

2. Max has to thank Norris for that Q1 exit, he is lucky that he lost only 3 points in WDC lead. Irrespective of the P6 position, this was the worst race driven by Max in 2024. Worse than Monza, he was struggling to use the entire width at the 90 degree bends, because he had no confidence in the car. This was a case of the team changing a driver's preferred setup (in the best interest of race pace, don't get me wrong, they had to do something about straight line speed) and giving him an under-confidence car. Not blaming the trackside team or driver, just pointing out how 'pathetic' the window available to setup the car has narrowed. That is how much the car has gotten screwed up with 'updates'.

3. I am convinced that the best result for Redbull is #3 in WCC. They are going nowhere.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

venkyhere wrote:
15 Sep 2024, 15:53
takeaways for me :

1. amazing drive by Perez, he was onto P2, preserved his tyres superbly. However, his not-top-tier racecraft when he is the attacker shows up again. He has lost places like this in so many tracks, even in Singapore. It was a no brainer, to always go on the inside of T1, even to near the wall, because its impossible to go in the outside and overtake for T1, as the 'over-under' wont work here since the pass is achieved via outbraking 'through the corner', not 'before the corner' (it might work in COTA T1, where there is elevation change, but no way it works here - it's pretty basic, is it not?). Regarding the crash, feels really sorry for him. For the first time in 6 months, he looked competitive, and he was done in, by a notty Sainz.
Perez has had some questionable race craft but not today. Leclerc was always going to close the door on the inside very late, which would have killed Perez's momentum and negated the DRS on that lap (Leclerc knew what he was doing, he knew he could get away with aggressive blocking for 1-2 laps). Perez had no choice but to go to the outside and try to go all the way past. He only had 1 more chance.

Bill
Bill

chrisc90 wrote:
15 Sep 2024, 15:43
Bill wrote:
15 Sep 2024, 15:41
Those were high temps after trying to pass Lando
yes but they didn't have those problems last year so what did they gain by changing their brakes other than just problems.made in italy is not renowned for its quality and i am not trying to steer up emotion .it is what it is.

organic

Christian Horner explains why Max is less comfortable in the race compared to Checo

"I think [Checo] found a good rhythm and set up, His car is very quick today. We introduced something to Max's car that didn't work and damaged the tyres a lot fighting in that group for such a long time."