2024 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
SKYnRacing24

Re: 2024 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

That Russell interview and Toto's comments...Interesting, very interesting indeed. So it was a experimental setup. Why would you want Lewis doing it though, it makes no sense. He's meant to be getting shut out of in-depth car analysis now.

As for Russell he's kept it as truthful as can be and this has been the case for years but more so this year.
“And that’s part of the game, is being able to be adaptive, and we’ve got this new car – I don’t know how it’s going to handle, hopefully she’s great.”

j_ste
j_ste

Apparently Lewis said a component to the car wasn’t fitted correctly and only discovered after qualifying…did anyone else see that?

Spoutnik
Spoutnik

sport777 wrote:
15 Sep 2024, 18:10
Spoutnik wrote:
15 Sep 2024, 18:05
sport777 wrote:
15 Sep 2024, 17:57

I don’t consider Merc 4 a team, their car is fast, they still have some problems with understanding, but I think their car can be the fastest, and if you take into account their time in the pipe, it has increased, they can improve a lot, both in Monza and Baku in the second half of the race they were the fastest
They were the fastest at Monza on the 2nd part ? Not sure
But ofc the car is fast on low fuel and Hamilton has a good race pace usually
Nevertheless they're starting too far back, and you cannot rely only on the last stint
The top speed issue isn't really solved too
I think they have no problems on the straights, the only problem is overheating of the tires in qualifying and with a full tank, you can see the stint of the last segment in Monza of Hamilton and Russell, they were one of the fastest, Russell almost caught up with Verstappen at the end of the race, and between they had a decent blowjob
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoutnik
Spoutnik

SKYnRacing24 wrote:
15 Sep 2024, 18:22
That Russell interview and Toto's comments...Interesting, very interesting indeed. So it was a experimental setup. Why would you want Lewis doing it though, it makes no sense. He's meant to be getting shut out of in-depth car analysis now.

As for Russell he's kept it as truthful as can be and this has been the case for years but more so this year.
What do you mean ?

SKYnRacing24

Spoutnik wrote:
15 Sep 2024, 18:32
SKYnRacing24 wrote:

What do you mean ?
About the inconsistent tyres. Thats probably the most blunt ive seen Russell about these Pirelli tyres for sometime and he has mentioned them before but from what i saw of that interview he did not mince his words lol. These tyres are not fit for F1 but in particular this year. It wouldn't surprise me if the see sawing of performance from the top 4 teams is mainly down to the tyres which of course has always been a thing but maybe there back to 2012 levels of randomness that no one really understands. I mean, they ran ridiculously high tyre pressures this race and no one really knows why lol

Its all ifs and buts of course but ultimately the operating range of these tyres are causing alot of head scratching.

Theres still no interview from Lewis (At the time of this post) the debrief must of been grim, would of loved to been a fly on the wall for that one
“And that’s part of the game, is being able to be adaptive, and we’ve got this new car – I don’t know how it’s going to handle, hopefully she’s great.”

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

SKYnRacing24 wrote:

Russell qualified higher. Merc is going to finish 4th in WCC no matter what. No fight for WDC. The rest of the season is a mix of competing and test sessions.

SKYnRacing24

AR3-GP wrote:
15 Sep 2024, 18:57
SKYnRacing24 wrote:

Russell qualified higher. Merc is going to finish 4th in WCC no matter what. No fight for WDC. The rest of the season is a mix of competing and test sessions.
I just referenced your post from another forum and you were the first to call it. The fact there STILL experimenting...at this point of the year... should be a genuine concern for everyone involved in Merc. Most of the inherent problems will still exist in next years car. For all the talk of " we've found our north star " the " We now know where we went wrong " to Lewis's " Cockpit position been moved back 10cm " lmaoo .To be in the 3rd year of these regs and still abit clueless about the W15 just blows my mind to be quite frank.

I know these regs are hard to nail, i know but holy christ from what i saw on Hamilton's onboards throughout the race. That car looked liked it had the worst traits in a F1 car. With Lewis hes just counting down the months. The dude needs a massive reset and i bet deep down he can't wait to get a handle of a Ferrari F1 car just to see what benchmark they have compared to the mercs he's driven in this era.

Russell has been displaying what he has to take on this team, theres no doubt there but for him and Antonelli i hope Merc give them a great car with a consistent platform to exploit. To be doing experimental setups next year would be a utter disgrace.

On to Singapore.......

DGP123
DGP123

SKYnRacing24 wrote:
15 Sep 2024, 19:21
But for him and Antonelli i hope Merc give them a great car with a consistent platform to exploit.
No chance. The team simply doesn’t understand this regulation. Throwing in a rookie won’t help either in trying to find answers and consistency. Team is going round in circles and there’s no evidence to suggest things will change next season. Lewis has jumped ship for a reason.

Like Aston, I don’t envisage anything good happening for this team until 26’.

PlatinumZealot

It's outrageous that Lewis is still altruistically giving to the team doing all these experiments that will never benefit him.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

Tonino
Tonino

T-7. Nothing against Lewis, but I’m ready to move on. I think the change will be beneficial for both the team and him.

I’m super excited for Kimi next season. There will be some challenges along the way, but a fresh start will do the team wonders.

Hammerfist
Hammerfist

DGP123 wrote:
15 Sep 2024, 19:42
SKYnRacing24 wrote:
15 Sep 2024, 19:21
But for him and Antonelli i hope Merc give them a great car with a consistent platform to exploit.
No chance. The team simply doesn’t understand this regulation. Throwing in a rookie won’t help either in trying to find answers and consistency. Team is going round in circles and there’s no evidence to suggest things will change next season. Lewis has jumped ship for a reason.

Like Aston, I don’t envisage anything good happening for this team until 26’.
They are going to fall off even more next year. All the signs are there. Good luck to them. As a Hamilton fan I have. Soft spot for this team and I will continue to keep an eye on them but it doesn’t look good.

Jdn1327
Jdn1327

Tonino wrote:
15 Sep 2024, 20:56
T-7. Nothing against Lewis, but I’m ready to move on. I think the change will be beneficial for both the team and him.

I’m super excited for Kimi next season. There will be some challenges along the way, but a fresh start will do the team wonders.
Fresh blood always brings about something different. From the engineers to the people in the factory. Nothing against Hamilton but I think he has worn out all he can do with the team and maybe they need new blood to inject some life into the operation. Russell seems to have found some sort of rhythm in the races now. I feel Mercedes will be in capable hands in Russell...the upside of Hamilton leaving is that Russell will become the clear no 1 in the team.

SKYnRacing24

Agreed guys this is why im glad hes leaving. Both sides need a new injection of fire. Its grown abit stale now. He's been there for 11 years and the duet has run its course. Its been one hell of a ride though. As Hammerfist has said i will have a soft spot for this team. alot of history has been made here.

Regarding Russell yeah he can mould the team for the short term but if Antonelli starts to upset the apple cart, that won't last long as evidence with the Mclaren lineup.

Jdn1327
Jdn1327

SKYnRacing24 wrote:
15 Sep 2024, 21:25
Agreed guys this is why im glad hes leaving. Both sides need a new injection of fire. Its grown abit stale now. He's been there for 11 years and the duet has run its course. Its been one hell of a ride though. As Hammerfist has said i will have a soft spot for this team. alot of history has been made here.

Regarding Russell yeah he can mould the team for the short term but if Antonelli starts to upset the apple cart, that won't last long as evidence with the Mclaren lineup.
A very tentative prediction is that Russell will have the measure of Kimi in the first season. I was gonna be bold and tout Russell as one of the title contenders this year but with how Mercedes have messed up these regulations it's tough to see any incentive for Russell to really go for it...other than to beat his 18yr old rookie team mate.

Vanja #66

PlatinumZealot wrote:
15 Sep 2024, 20:54
It's outrageous that Lewis is still altruistically giving to the team doing all these experiments that will never benefit him.
Agreed, Toto is sucking the joy of racing from Hamilton and setting up everything for Russell. That's not the way to repay your 6x Champ... I had my doubts before, but after reading that 1-stop in Spa was meant for Hamilton, it all became clear... Typical Toto, what he lacks in leadership skills and personal accountability, he makes up for with a lack of sportsmanship
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie