2024 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
SKYnRacing24

Re: 2024 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

Indeed lol The reg change in 26 still are ground effect cars. I don't now why people don't get that. Thats why his stint in Ferrari will be interesting because if he can show a step up in performance in qualy compared to this year. A certain narrative could point towards the merc's just not suiting Hamilton and his engineers dropping the ball. Hamilton bedding himself in before the season starts will be absolutely crucial. If he has another 2013 where he couldn't utilise the brakes like he could in Mclaren compared to the Merc then i expect him to struggle if there's a certain component in the Ferrari car that Hamilton can't adapt to . Its crazy because we all remember what he could do when he rung the crap out of those mclarens back in the V8 era. Even Paddy Lowe touched on his adaptability n a article about his Germany 2011 lap.

I do feel present Hamilton just can't to grips with these Merc cars in ground effect era regardless if his qualy record against Russell has been descent previously. I do wonder how his race pace will translate next year also. Alot of question marks but im ready for the red era.
“And that’s part of the game, is being able to be adaptive, and we’ve got this new car – I don’t know how it’s going to handle, hopefully she’s great.”

DGP123
DGP123

Hamilton hasn’t gone anywhere. He’s lost one lap pace, but that’s to be expected with age. He was still superb last season, which gets forgotten, and has won races this season. Sunday pace still elite level.

Give him the car, and he will deliver. People will write him off, like they have others, and it usually comes back to haunt them. People are already rowing back on their belief that the Ferrari move was a mistake. F1 changes and moves on very quickly. People wrote Alonso off and then suddenly he was living on the podium and called a god again. Now he’s irrelevant until, 26’. That’s the game. You need the car, and that’s what we all have to wait and see if Ferrari deliver. The end.

DRS
DRS

DGP123 wrote:
17 Sep 2024, 18:38
Hamilton hasn’t gone anywhere. He’s lost one lap pace, but that’s to be expected with age. He was still superb last season, which gets forgotten, and has won races this season. Sunday pace still elite level.

Give him the car, and he will deliver. People will write him off, like they have others, and it usually comes back to haunt them. People are already rowing back on their belief that the Ferrari move was a mistake. F1 changes and moves on very quickly. People wrote Alonso off and then suddenly he was living on the podium and called a god again. Now he’s irrelevant until, 26’. That’s the game. You need the car, and that’s what we all have to wait and see if Ferrari deliver. The end.
He's definitely fading, the speed has gone in qualifying and he's becoming less consistent in the races. I think it's a mistake from Ferrari and from Hamilton himself to sign a contract with them. I can see a Vettel situation when he partners Leclerc, it will only hurt his legacy.

DGP123
DGP123

DRS wrote:
17 Sep 2024, 18:46
DGP123 wrote:

He's definitely fading, the speed has gone in qualifying and he's becoming less consistent in the races. I think it's a mistake from Ferrari and from Hamilton himself to sign a contract with them. I can see a Vettel situation when he partners Leclerc, it will only hurt his legacy.
There’s no denying he’s fading, everyone does. I’m just not convinced he’s fading to the extent to which some are suggesting, and neither do Ferrari. Less consistent in races,

Canada 4th
Spain 3rd
Austria 4th
Silverstone 1st
Hungary 3rd
Belgium 1st

Inconsistent? I don’t think so.

If he’s spanked by Leclerc, then, yes, it’s time to call it a day. That’s why we love the sport, and tune in. To find out the answers to these questions.

DRS
DRS

DGP123 wrote:
17 Sep 2024, 19:18
DRS wrote:
DGP123 wrote:

There’s no denying he’s fading, everyone does. I’m just not convinced he’s fading to the extent to which some are suggesting, and neither do Ferrari. Less consistent in races,

Canada 4th
Spain 3rd
Austria 4th
Silverstone 1st
Hungary 3rd
Belgium 1st

If he’s spanked by Leclerc, then, yes, it’s time to call it a day. That’s why we love the sport, and tune in. To find out the answers to these questions.
I hope you're right but I fear not, he now struggles like mad when the car isn't perfected for him on a race weekend, I dread to think what he will be like in an alien Ferrari.

Mosin123
Mosin123

DRS wrote:
17 Sep 2024, 19:28
DGP123 wrote:
DRS wrote:

Canada 4th
Spain 3rd
Austria 4th
Silverstone 1st
Hungary 3rd
Belgium 1st

I hope you're right but I fear not, he now struggles like mad when the car isn't perfected for him on a race weekend, I dread to think what he will be like in an alien Ferrari.
Dont most drivers struggle when the car isnt set up how they want it? Max did weekend just gone, Struggled that much Perez made it look like he was the current world champion.....

organic

SKYnRacing24 wrote:
17 Sep 2024, 18:36
Indeed lol The reg change in 26 still are ground effect cars. I don't now why people don't get that. Thats why his stint in Ferrari will be interesting because if he can show a step up in performance in qualy compared to this year. A certain narrative could point towards the merc's just not suiting Hamilton and his engineers dropping the ball. Hamilton bedding himself in before the season starts will be absolutely crucial. If he has another 2013 where he couldn't utilise the brakes like he could in Mclaren compared to the Merc then i expect him to struggle if there's a certain component in the Ferrari car that Hamilton can't adapt to . Its crazy because we all remember what he could do when he rung the crap out of those mclarens back in the V8 era. Even Paddy Lowe touched on his adaptability n a article about his Germany 2011 lap.

I do feel present Hamilton just can't to grips with these Merc cars in ground effect era regardless if his qualy record against Russell has been descent previously. I do wonder how his race pace will translate next year also. Alot of question marks but im ready for the red era.
The final aero regulations haven't been defined publicly. We don't know to what extent venturi tunnels will be present from 26 onwards. Last I heard, the venturi tunnels will be extremely minimal, if present at all

DRS
DRS

Mosin123 wrote:
17 Sep 2024, 21:45
DRS wrote:
DGP123 wrote:

Canada 4th
Spain 3rd
Austria 4th
Silverstone 1st
Hungary 3rd
Belgium 1st

Dont most drivers struggle when the car isnt set up how they want it? Max did weekend just gone, Struggled that much Perez made it look like he was the current world champion.....
One race this season, not even close to a fair comparison.

Jurgen von Diaz

And that one race ended up with Max bringing in the points while Perez was busy trying to make an overtake on the racing line although it was already occupied by Sainz.

Mosin123
Mosin123

DRS wrote:
17 Sep 2024, 22:06
Mosin123 wrote:
17 Sep 2024, 21:45
DRS wrote:

One race this season, not even close to a fair comparison.
He couldnt get the car set up how he wanted it, He spent 99.9 % of the race moaning about the cars imperfections. Perez mean while was rather comfy and enjoying him self ( till his crash with Sainz), and didnt complain at all. So yeah, it is a fair comparison.

Just because Max's troubles have not lasted nearly 3 seasons like LH's, and is the undisputed numero uno doesnt change the fact when he cant get the car to his liking he doesnt have the pace of Sergio Perez.. Atleast around Azerbajian.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Mosin123 wrote:
17 Sep 2024, 23:09
He couldnt get the car set up how he wanted it, He spent 99.9 % of the race moaning about the cars imperfections. Perez mean while was rather comfy and enjoying him self ( till his crash with Sainz), and didnt complain at all. So yeah, it is a fair comparison.

Just because Max's troubles have not lasted nearly 3 seasons like LH's, and is the undisputed numero uno doesnt change the fact when he cant get the car to his liking he doesnt have the pace of Sergio Perez.. Atleast around Azerbajian.
In 3 seasons, it's more than probable that Verstappen drove a car that wasn't to his liking, and still beat Sergio Perez. He did that in Monza, a week before...and I'm sure many times before. Do you really think he has driven a perfect car since 2021? Don't you see how ridiculous that sounds?

The fact that you are comparing 3 seasons of troubles to 1 race, I don't even know how to explain how incorrect this is.

This shouldn't become a driver vs driver discussion anyway. You shouldn't have brought another driver into it like you did. Hamilton's problems are different. He's older and you naturally become slower and perhaps less adaptable. Ultimately, he's paid a lot of money to get on with it. Being "incompatible with the tires" or "incompatible with ground effect" aren't good excuses. It's their job to get compatible with it.

Hamilton still has done very well for himself, and Baku is just a blip which will be forgotten in 2 races time. I don't understand why after every race weekend, there is a dissertation about Hamilton in this thread.

Mosin123
Mosin123

AR3-GP wrote:
17 Sep 2024, 23:12
Mosin123 wrote:
17 Sep 2024, 23:09

In 3 seasons, it's more than probable that Verstappen drove a car that wasn't to his liking, and still beat Sergio Perez. He did that in Monza, a week before...and I'm sure many times before. Do you really think he has driven a perfect car since 2021? :lol:

The fact that you are comparing 3 seasons of troubles to 1 race, I don't even know how to explain how incorrect this is.

This shouldn't become a driver vs driver discussion anyway. You shouldn't have brought another driver into it like you did.
Comparison, only. the fact LH / GR have had these troubles for 3 season just goes to highlight the lack of understanding Merc have in these regs.

All drivers need to feel comfy in a car to push it. you cant push a car your not confident in. Ask the drivers, All of them. no driver v driver, just highlighting that one fact.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Lasssept

- Mercedes has a one-off livery this weekend in Singapore, marking the 50th anniversary of Petronas

Emag
Emag

I have come to associate the Petronas cyan with Mercedes more than Petronas itself so this seems just like a Mercedes livery with a little bit less black to me :lol: