2024 Mclaren Formula 1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
SiLo

Re: 2024 Mclaren Formula 1 Team

More races than ever, but somehow two month long breaks?
Felipe Baby!

Shader

codetower wrote:
16 Sep 2024, 15:05
Congrats on the race win yesterday. As frustrating as it was for me, glad it was McLaren and not RB or Merc.

You guys have a talent in Piastri. He pulled a brilliant move on Lando last time out, and this time against my man Charles. Those aren't two scrub drivers... kudos. Looking forward to some more great battles between us.
There's that video clip where Leclerc and Piastri slide in the corner one after another... It got me straight to Schumacher Hakkinena era :D goosebumps

Emag
Emag

Shader wrote:
17 Sep 2024, 18:30
codetower wrote:
Congrats on the race win yesterday. As frustrating as it was for me, glad it was McLaren and not RB or Merc.

You guys have a talent in Piastri. He pulled a brilliant move on Lando last time out, and this time against my man Charles. Those aren't two scrub drivers... kudos. Looking forward to some more great battles between us.
There's that video clip where Leclerc and Piastri slide in the corner one after another... It got me straight to Schumacher Hakkinena era :D goosebumps

I know it doesn’t matter, but man do I wish they committed to the whole papaya identity and used a livery similar to what they ran in 2018.

I actually hate the current livery and I truly mean that. It looks like something pulled together in an F1 game, mostly black with streaks of orange and sponsors littered everywhere. Okay they can’t do much about that, but it would look a lot better if the entire car was papaya.

Big Tea

Emag wrote:
17 Sep 2024, 19:39
Shader wrote:
codetower wrote:

I know it doesn’t matter, but man do I wish they committed to the whole papaya identity and used a livery similar to what they ran in 2018.

I actually hate the current livery and I truly mean that. It looks like something pulled together in an F1 game, mostly black with streaks of orange and sponsors littered everywhere. Okay they can’t do much about that, but it would look a lot better if the entire car was papaya.
In my head Mclarens are always red and white, and always will be
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Emag
Emag

Big Tea wrote:
17 Sep 2024, 19:45
Emag wrote:
Shader wrote:

We are way past that now, they wanted to stick to their original Bruce McLaren identity, okay fine by me. But they're not even doing that right ...

mwillems

🤣 Weren't we way past papaya, until we weren't lol

I prefer red and white or red and silver. In fact that Vodafone livery was my favourite. But of the papaya,, of which I'm not a massive fan, I do prefer the 2018. Offset by the deep blue at either end was nice. I did not like the lighter blues they used later.

It's probably not even papaya I have an issue with, it's just that the colour is so flat without any depth, it's a bit boring to me.
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

CMSMJ1
CMSMJ1

Deleted a few posts that were triggered by baiting. - Don't feed trolls
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

Macklaren
Macklaren

Calling it now... Orange and Navy for 2025 with MasterCard. This rocket ship doesn't need to save weight no more

geogate
geogate

i was just looking at Landos lap times from Baku - holy smoke he was quick on 30+ lap old tyres. Such a shame for him the Q1 thing - I don't think anyone would have been able to touch him if he started top 6

BMMR61

All the accusations prove that McLaren aren't just in the ascendency, they have a target on their backs.

It's testimony to the careful scrutiny and unflustered development and evaluation process that there are significant updates waiting for the coming race weekends. That, is very encouraging, in an era of obsessing with "upgrades" that this McLaren process is outstripping it's rivals, certainly in terms of consistency of performance.

BMMR61

geogate wrote:
18 Sep 2024, 04:10
i was just looking at Landos lap times from Baku - holy smoke he was quick on 30+ lap old tyres. Such a shame for him the Q1 thing - I don't think anyone would have been able to touch him if he started top 6
Yeah, I pondered the same. Putting that aside, it shows that Lando is great on tyre management. I loved it that on the old tyres Max couldn't pass him and eventually fell away from him. It does look like rear traction is strong. How incredible is it that Lando's drop out in Q1 was the first time in 17 GPs that both McLarens didn't make Q3! And Oscar has completed every lap (the only driver to do so).

Ben1980
Ben1980

Big Tea wrote:
17 Sep 2024, 19:45
Emag wrote:
Shader wrote:

That's why sponsors pay big money!

mwillems

Macklaren wrote:
18 Sep 2024, 03:09
Calling it now... Orange and Navy for 2025 with MasterCard. This rocket ship doesn't need to save weight no more
The field is tighter now than it has been all season. The time when we had the fastest car at the majority of races is gone. I'm afraid every gram will count next year, unless we are close to hitting minimum weight.

Next upgrade may put us ahead again, but not enough that we can get complacent.
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

bananapeel23

Emag wrote:
Shader wrote:
codetower wrote:

I honestly don’t get the hate for the current McLaren liveries. They are colourful and make the cars look fast. Would I prefer the Vodafone liveries or Marlboro liveries? Yes. Do I think these ones still look great? Also yes.

The google chrome tyres are a bit much maybe, but honestly I don’t think it’s too bad.

mclaren111

BMMR61 wrote:
18 Sep 2024, 06:58
geogate wrote:
18 Sep 2024, 04:10
Yeah, I pondered the same. Putting that aside, it shows that Lando is great on tyre management. I loved it that on the old tyres Max couldn't pass him and eventually fell away from him. It does look like rear traction is strong. How incredible is it that Lando's drop out in Q1 was the first time in 17 GPs that both McLarens didn't make Q3! And Oscar has completed every lap (the only driver to do so).

I remember Stella saying early in the season that rear traction was a huge improvement over last year...