2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
KimiRai
KimiRai

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

AR3-GP wrote:
17 Sep 2024, 22:03
The fan designed liveries for Singapore and COTA have been cancelled. The explanation given was that liveries weighed too much.

Desperate times...
The best gift for the fans is for Max to win this championship.

ispano6

Max's car is intact, and judging by his attitude, he is eager to get back into the car at Singapore and have a stronger showing. It's good to see that he was bummed more than he was upset, and judging by the sector 1 and 2 times from Baku, Singapore is not looking so bad. There being no gravel traps, I think Max may be kissing the walls or giving them a tap here and there.

DDopey
DDopey

I also had the thought that Max blamed himself a bit for the setup change that made his car not perform.

Alexf1
Alexf1

Juzh wrote:
17 Sep 2024, 23:43
Was rewatching some onboards from baku. Piastri made it stick from more than 8 tenths back, Leclerc couldnt attempt an overtake from anything more than 6 tenths back, and then we have RB20 who cant put a move on ferrari from 5 tenths back. pathetic.
They apparantly lost their squat suspension device since Miami so no more bullit down the straight

Curbstone
Curbstone

Alexf1 wrote:
18 Sep 2024, 08:41
Juzh wrote:
Was rewatching some onboards from baku. Piastri made it stick from more than 8 tenths back, Leclerc couldnt attempt an overtake from anything more than 6 tenths back, and then we have RB20 who cant put a move on ferrari from 5 tenths back. pathetic.
They apparantly lost their squat suspension device since Miami so no more bullit down the straight
Where does that idea come from? I haven't heard about squatting since the introduction of the current set of regulations...
All the rumors about something changed since Miami, are still that; rumors.
And I don't think any of the reliable F1 website have written a article about it.

Alexf1
Alexf1

Curbstone wrote:
18 Sep 2024, 10:01
Alexf1 wrote:
18 Sep 2024, 08:41
Juzh wrote:
Where does that idea come from? I have heard about squatting since the introduction of the current set of regulations...
Page 358 of this thread and in the RB20 car thread: viewtopic.php?t=31566&start=1381

Curbstone
Curbstone

I've seen the fragment of GP confidential (which I believe is the only source for something like a ban on suspension tricks, so I have some doubts about the reliability) and the car thread, but none of them seem to mention the squating you are talking about.

chrisc90

Alexf1
Alexf1

Curbstone wrote:
18 Sep 2024, 11:09
I've seen the fragment of GP confidential (which I believe is the only source for something like a ban on suspension tricks, so I have some doubts about the reliability) and the car thread, but none of them seem to mention the squating you are talking about.
They mention a 3 nitrogen damper combination. My understanding was that the first is a regular bumps damper, the second (with the latency effect) prevented bouncing at low ride heights and the third (with an even greater latency effect) lowered the car on the second half of the straights.
Last edited by Alexf1 on 18 Sep 2024, 19:31, edited 2 times in total.

Sergej
Sergej

good for GP

pantherxxx
pantherxxx

Attitude looks to be positive at Red Bull.

Max ahead of Singapore GP: "We learned our mistakes in Baku."

"We learned from what we did wrong in Baku and will try a few different things in Singapore.

The adjustments we initially made in Azerbaijan worked out well and with that we worked in the right direction. We now know what we can do even better to further optimise the setup."

"It will be important to get better control of the car, especially in the slower parts of the track, so it doesn't 'jump around' as much. Hopefully that will help us a lot."

Checo ahead of Singapore GP: "The car had the pace with the current package."

"It was such a shame in Baku for the whole Team, so much hard work had gone into getting a more competitive car on track for us and it was really showing. We had the pace all weekend and now it’s about converting that pace into a podium in Singapore."

The car has shown it’s capable with this package, so we need to get the set-up right across the weekend and execute our qualifying and race plan perfectly."

TNTHead

pantherxxx wrote:
18 Sep 2024, 12:23

"We learned from what we did wrong in Baku and will try a few different things in Singapore.

The adjustments we initially made in Azerbaijan worked out well and with that we worked in the right direction. We now know what we can do even better to further optimise the setup."

"It will be important to get better control of the car, especially in the slower parts of the track, so it doesn't 'jump around' as much. Hopefully that will help us a lot."

"It was such a shame in Baku for the whole Team, so much hard work had gone into getting a more competitive car on track for us and it was really showing. We had the pace all weekend and now it’s about converting that pace into a podium in Singapore."

The car has shown it’s capable with this package, so we need to get the set-up right across the weekend and execute our qualifying and race plan perfectly."
Fortunately no sprint weekend format. If rain keeps away during the FP's they'll have plenty of time to optimise the setup.

K1Plus
K1Plus

TNTHead wrote:
18 Sep 2024, 13:08
pantherxxx wrote:

Fortunately no sprint weekend format. If rain keeps away during the FP's they'll have plenty of time to optimise the setup.
See the thing is, the car is very stiff and doesn't handle bumps and curbs that well.
W15 and the MCL38 are still the best in slow speed corners, with Ferrari great in those sharp 90 degree ones.
I see them still behind Ferrari and McLaren this weekend.

chrisc90

Some of the bumps have been resurfaced haven’t they?

Jdn1327
Jdn1327

pantherxxx wrote:

Not to be negative...it seems a lot like the type of rhetoric that Mercedes were spewing out when the w13 came out. I'm not saying the rb20 is as bad as that car was but it seems they still don't understand what happens from Friday to Saturday. Max and checo were very competitive in p1,2,3 and then dropped off in qualifying.