2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
franbatista123

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Xyz22 wrote:
19 Sep 2024, 15:25
franbatista123 wrote:
19 Sep 2024, 15:23
Fakepivot wrote:
19 Sep 2024, 15:15

he is upset fred is not doing political about it?
Surely they talked beforehand and Charles wouldn't put this much pressure like this on Vasseur. Could we be in for some public bombshells from Fred?
The new "meme" is that Leclerc didn't overtake Piastri to highlight Mclaren flexi rear wing :lol:
We've all seen worse conspiracy theories in F1 :D

Emag
Emag

franbatista123 wrote:
19 Sep 2024, 15:23
Fakepivot wrote:
19 Sep 2024, 15:15
Xyz22 wrote:
19 Sep 2024, 14:56
Leclerc went pretty "hard" on the flexi wing topic.

https://x.com/PitDebrief/status/1836747659593318732
he is upset fred is not doing political about it?
Surely they talked beforehand and Charles wouldn't put this much pressure like this on Vasseur. Could we be in for some public bombshells from Fred?
I think he is just saying that he doesn't want to comment more and will leave it to Fred to talk about it.

I think today some new information popped up and they know a competitor had complained about the wing already, but it wasn't Ferrari (it was probably RedBull). Which is surprising, because they're the ones who potentially lost the race because of it.

ScuderiaLeo

.Bole wrote:
19 Sep 2024, 15:21
New front wing with our first iteration aimed at flexing
https://formu1a.uno/it/ferrari-sf-24-ec ... singapore/
Text/images from article for lazy people like me:

In Maranello, engineers led by Diego Tondi have extensively redesigned the new front wing, debuted in Singapore. First of all, it is possible to notice that the design of the main plane has been modified and now features a more pronounced spoon shape in the central area compared to the previous version. The intent is to open a central blowing under the nose to direct an airflow channel towards the lower part of the floor, leading that flow towards the entrance of the Venturi Channels.

Additionally, the flaps' design has been altered to enhance the upwash effect in the center and the outwash effect at the edges, a concept reminiscent of Ferrari's SF-23 wing used early in the season before being replaced in Austria. The junction between the front wing flaps and the side endplate has been modified, drawing inspiration from the work carried out by the engineers in Woking, with the front wing that McLaren also introduced in Austria (but this year).

Beyond aerodynamics, Ferrari has started exploring carbon element flexing, following weeks of discussions with the FIA. Historically, the SF-24 featured a rigid front wing, but Team Principal Frederic Vasseur and Tondi are now pushing the boundaries to match rivals. Strengthening the 'Composite Materials' department with talent from other teams has facilitated this effort. While replicating McLaren and Mercedes' advancements in one update is challenging, this marks a clear step in Ferrari's ongoing development for next year as well, pending any regulatory changes from the FIA.

bluechris

This is the way :)

I just hope they will get it right from the 1st try.

leblanc
leblanc

Xyz22 wrote:
19 Sep 2024, 15:25

The new "meme" is that Leclerc didn't overtake Piastri to highlight Mclaren flexi rear wing :lol:
that's one way for people to cope :lol:

bananapeel23

ScuderiaLeo wrote:
19 Sep 2024, 15:33

Text/images from article for lazy people like me:

https://i.imgur.com/Uf3DWIe.png
I'm going to be entirely non-technical here for a second. (not that I know what I'm talking about normally anyway)

That new wing looks so much prettier than the old one. I really like it when the wing loading is overwhelmingly inboard of the tyres and I dislike the more evenly distributed wing load of something like the RB20 or early SF-24. I think the more aggressively it tapers outboard, the more aggressive it looks. The SF-23 had an amazingly beautiful front wing, and I'm happy to see the SF-24 return to a similar design language, even if I'd prefer it if the nose were less fat and stubby (or bulbous). An F1-75 style nose with this wing would just be the prettiest thing ever, at least if they got rid of the eyesore that is the blue HP logo.

I really think the SF-24 is pretty underrated in terms of appearance, especially now with this new front wing. Yes, it would be better if it were glossy, but I like how they've incorporated yellow and black into the livery, and the car is just beautifully sculpted. The livery (disregarding HP) is absolutely amazing and kind of feels retro yet modern. Slap some gloss on that bad boy and it would probably be in the discussion of the prettiest F1 cars ever. The only real part of it I don't absolutely love is that fat nose.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Ferrari fans remember

Vanja will kill me for this :lol:

CouncilorIrissa
CouncilorIrissa

AR3-GP wrote:Ferrari fans remember

I see absolutely nothing wrong with this!

SoulPancake13
SoulPancake13

Charles clearly has an opinion on that McLaren rear wing I think ;)

Last edited by SoulPancake13 on 19 Sep 2024, 20:03, edited 1 time in total.

CaribouBread
CaribouBread

If its possible, perhaps something could be changed in the forum to replace "x dot com" to "twitter" on those links so they embed correctly, or somehow fix the twitter embeds. :mrgreen:

scuderiabrandon

SoulPancake13 wrote:
19 Sep 2024, 18:18
Charles clearly has an opinion on that McLaren rear wing I think ;)

genarro
genarro

bananapeel23 wrote:
18 Sep 2024, 21:03
genarro wrote:
18 Sep 2024, 20:59
I dont know why everybody is crying about the McLaren wing... They have exploited a gray area and are pushing with innovative design. Something that Ferrari hasnt done since 2002.
Errm have you forgotten about the spicy engines back in 2019 or the halo wing mirrors in 2018 or the plank flex in 2022?

Ferrari absolutely, positively operates in the gray area a lot. Potentially more than any other team. Ferrari just does it to such an egregious extent that the FIA usually intervenes.
The 2019 engine hack was great I have to admit. I like that teams are finding great ideas that bend the rule book. The "thinking outside the box" is what F1 stands for. Otherwise they might as make it a spec series, but that would make it like indycar, nascar, etc...

I dont find the McLaren flexi wing scandalous like some people here. Just great design that happens to bend the rules a little bit.

And can we appreciate that we are back to McLaren vs. Ferrari like in the olden days and that males me very happy.

SoulPancake13
SoulPancake13

CaribouBread wrote:
19 Sep 2024, 18:46
If its possible, perhaps something could be changed in the forum to replace "x dot com" to "twitter" on those links so they embed correctly, or somehow fix the twitter embeds. :mrgreen:
My bad!!! Fixed that just now

Vanja #66

AR3-GP wrote:
19 Sep 2024, 18:07
Ferrari fans remember

https://i.imgur.com/lBEhTOf.gif

Well after Costa was fired that year, problems like this started to appear. Not too long ago, they were still there... No rule change can set a team back as much as incompetent leadership can
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

dialtone
dialtone

2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Is this real? The lesson learned by these 2 is that they should have attacked Leclerc more?

The lesson is that you 2 are unserious drivers.