2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
ScuderiaLeo

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

dialtone wrote:
19 Sep 2024, 22:50
https://i.redd.it/wpuw4usq2spd1.png

Is this real? The lesson learned by these 2 is that they should have attacked Leclerc more?

The lesson is that you 2 are unserious drivers.
It's real: https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/pere ... /10655769/

Perez's comment is somehow more level-headed:

“Once we took our helmets off, we realised that we both screwed it up, that finishing a race like that was really disappointing,” Perez said. [...]

“We both ended up with zero points, damaging our teams a lot and it was something we were having a chat, and we were thinking the amount of damage for us, with especially Charles struggling so much, that in the end we should have been on the podium, but we were not. But it is irrelevant now, let’s turn the page.”
Sainz's comment annoyed me at first but honestly, I put more blame on the team for his mindset than Sainz himself. Ferrari have made it abundantly clear that they don't care about Leclerc and Sainz fighting and Sainz's priority is allowed to be Sainz, sometimes to the detriment of the team. Sainz doesn't care about protecting a Ferrari 2-3, but Ferrari also doesn't care about Sainz protecting a Ferrari 2-3.

Sainz is leaving the team and already has a contract lined up; the reality of the situation is, he really has no reason to help the team out unless they ask. And according to the radio, at least, they didn't (and never) ask.

dialtone
dialtone

ScuderiaLeo wrote:
20 Sep 2024, 01:48
Sainz is leaving the team and already has a contract lined up; the reality of the situation is, he really has no reason to help the team out unless they ask. And according to the radio, at least, they didn't (and never) ask.
In my view this isn't about Charles or a 2-3. It's about not being unserious. Everyone already knows Sainz is in it for himself. But trying to attack your team mate on the outside a corner where nobody passes on the outside, now that's just dumb driving. LEC's weak spot was in T1 or inside T2, outside T2 Sainz just wasn't thinking, all he had in his head was what can I do to pass LEC.

It is no coincidence the 2 least serious top team drivers ended up on the wall.

deadhead

scuderiabrandon wrote:
17 Sep 2024, 23:53
deadhead wrote:
17 Sep 2024, 23:36
search wrote:
17 Sep 2024, 10:53

usually it only rains in the afternoon and dries up for the late sessions. I think 2022 has been the only exception in those ~15 years of racing here?
Yes, no rain expected, but the weather there is very dynamic to say the least, so I'm just hoping it stays dry so we can see how the car goes.

Does anyone know if track temps get low for the race in Singapore? I know it won't be as harsh as Las Vegas, but I'm guessing they will be on the low side for sure.
They typically stay around the ambient temps when it's dry at night time.
If that is the case tire warmup shouldn't be a problem here... hopefully.

dani5549
dani5549

deadhead wrote:
20 Sep 2024, 05:11
scuderiabrandon wrote:
deadhead wrote:

Yes, no rain expected, but the weather there is very dynamic to say the least, so I'm just hoping it stays dry so we can see how the car goes.

Does anyone know if track temps get low for the race in Singapore? I know it won't be as harsh as Las Vegas, but I'm guessing they will be on the low side for sure.
Charles said in his interview that tire warmup shouldnt be a problem here

scuderiabrandon

deadhead wrote:
20 Sep 2024, 05:11
scuderiabrandon wrote:
deadhead wrote:

Remember that the surface is starting to be on the more abrasive side in Singapore. Makes the warm-up a bit easier.

Xyz22
Xyz22

https://x.com/GiulyDuchessa/status/1837048617279914089

Multiple teams now asking clarifications on McLaren mini DRS system. According to Formu1a.uno top teams would be able to reproduce it quite easily.

Fakepivot
Fakepivot

not able to hear Charles radio but car looks good?

yooogurt

Has anyone been watching the front wing yet? Does it flex?
FORZA FERRARI!

FittingMechanics
FittingMechanics

yooogurt wrote:
20 Sep 2024, 11:56
Has anyone been watching the front wing yet? Does it flex?
All wings flex :D

yooogurt

Fakepivot wrote:
20 Sep 2024, 11:55
not able to hear Charles radio but car looks good?
Charles‘s team radio on F1TV is not working. (Max radio too)
FORZA FERRARI!

bluechris

I know its FP1 but car seems pretty good.

yooogurt

bluechris wrote:
20 Sep 2024, 12:10
I know its FP1 but car seems pretty good.
As expected.
FORZA FERRARI!

deadhead

“ Beyond the pure numbers that are still vaguely indicative, it is noticeable how Leclerc has already started using his driving style right away, where he keeps the gas open in the curve to rotate the rear and maximize the traction exit. He also mentioned it in a recent interview that, in these conditions, in the curve he drives in a particular way because he is able to "move the load" (back and forth) with the driving technique. I am sure that is what he was talking about. It is obviously a symptom of a driver who immediately finds himself very comfortable with the car, let's see”

https://x.com/fred__18/status/183706861 ... 2n8am2mMAg

Last edited by deadhead on 20 Sep 2024, 12:38, edited 1 time in total.

yooogurt

Jock Clear:
“Obviously is Singapore not the obvious circuit where you would bring an aero upgrade,” he said.

“It’s a sort of very draggy, high downforce circuit. Basically it’s just moving the energy a little bit inboard. So if you look at it closely, you’ll see that the inboard is a bit more aggressive, and the outboard is a bit less aggressive.

“So you’ve moved that dynamic a bit. It allows us to actually crank on a bit more, which here, you’re probably going to want, because you’ve got maximum rear downforce, and you’re going to want to get a balance.

“And balance is everything around here. And we’ve been a little bit backed into a corner at some of the high downforce circuits before, because we’re running out of front power, basically.

“So it’s just a little bit more powerful at the top end, slightly more efficient, marginally. But it’s the fact that it’s a little bit more powerful at the top end that gives us a bit more scope.”
https://formu1a.uno/en/new-ferrari-sf-2 ... ce-tracks/
FORZA FERRARI!

dialtone
dialtone

Best lap on 3rd attempt, car was heavy since the first laps on hards which were still great laps. Great 1 lap pace and tire deg.

Looking good after fp1