2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
organic

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Everyone knows now what the situation is I think. Max's statements just confirm it more. At Monza they identified the issue. Makeshift corrective measures at Baku seemed to indicate that these assumptions were correct. Singapore will provide further data.

But they're all in on producing a new floor spec for Austin that aims to correct the stability issues entirely. Then it's about how much pace this can restore.

Frankly the writing has been on the wall for a long time about their development trajectory considering how quickly rivals were catching. I'm glad some issue of this magnitude was the cause otherwise it'd be hard to accept simply getting outdeveloped that hard

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

https://www.racefans.net/2024/09/19/red ... ar-norris/
However Norris believes some people are “dismissing Red Bull too quickly” as four teams have emerged as potential race-winners this year.

“Checo [Perez] was very quick last weekend,” he told Sky. “Maybe, if not, one of the quickest cars the whole weekend, including the race.

“So I think they’re not maximising their results even when they do have quite a quick car, which was last weekend.”
“But I don’t think anyone should dismiss Red Bull. I think they were still probably quicker than us last weekend when you look at things. It means we still have to work hard, we have to improve. But consistently we are out-scoring them and that’s why we have to accept maybe not a perfect weekend sometimes, but maximise those weekends when we can get everything right.”

Discuss.

Watto
Watto

AR3-GP wrote:
20 Sep 2024, 04:21
However Norris believes some people are “dismissing Red Bull too quickly” as four teams have emerged as potential race-winners this year.

“Checo [Perez] was very quick last weekend,” he told Sky. “Maybe, if not, one of the quickest cars the whole weekend, including the race.

“So I think they’re not maximising their results even when they do have quite a quick car, which was last weekend.”
“But I don’t think anyone should dismiss Red Bull. I think they were still probably quicker than us last weekend when you look at things. It means we still have to work hard, we have to improve. But consistently we are out-scoring them and that’s why we have to accept maybe not a perfect weekend sometimes, but maximise those weekends when we can get everything right.”

Discuss.
Maybe a little truth but I think its trying to deflect any pressure on him. Starting from pole a few races and his ability to convert them into wins has been pretty poor.

venkyhere
venkyhere

AR3-GP wrote:
17 Sep 2024, 22:03
The fan designed liveries for Singapore and COTA have been cancelled. The explanation given was that liveries weighed too much.

Desperate times...
I don't think that's the reason....
I think the real reason is 'embarrassment' in bringing a 'livery special' when the car is lost for pace.

chrisc90

AR3-GP wrote:

Discuss.
Lando Norris discussing a team/driver not optimising their results. How ironic.

Someone needs to have a look in their own back garden on that one first rather than looking over the fence first at others

Wouter

venkyhere wrote:
20 Sep 2024, 08:16
AR3-GP wrote:
17 Sep 2024, 22:03
The fan designed liveries for Singapore and COTA have been cancelled. The explanation given was that liveries weighed too much.

Desperate times...
I don't think that's the reason....
I think the real reason is 'embarrassment' in bringing a 'livery special' when the car is lost for pace.
I don't think that is the reason at all. Every kg is loosing 0.03 sec and they said it was 3 kg so almost loosing 0.1 sec.

Here you can see the livery reveal. F1Academy is using it in Singapore.

The Power of Dreams!

Jurgen von Diaz

chrisc90 wrote:
AR3-GP wrote:

Discuss.

Someone needs to have a look in their own back garden on that one first rather than looking over the fence first at others
Lando is talking as if he is fighting for the WCC but not the WDC. In Baku, Lando gained three more points than Max and was all smiles after the race. Where is his killer instinct? In my opinion, it was damage control from Max and disappointment on Lando's side. You don't catch Max with that three-point difference in other races.

Paa

Jurgen von Diaz wrote:
20 Sep 2024, 09:48
chrisc90 wrote:

Lando is talking as if he is fighting for the WCC but not the WDC. In Baku, Lando gained three more points than Max and was all smiles after the race. Where is his killer instinct? In my opinion, it was damage control from Max and disappointment on Lando's side. You don't catch Max with that three-point difference in other races.
To be fair to Lando, the damage was done on Saturday and he was quite stressed/disappointed after qualy.
Gaining 3 points after that starting position was not something to be sad about.

Curbstone
Curbstone

Alexf1 wrote:
18 Sep 2024, 19:01
Curbstone wrote:
18 Sep 2024, 15:03
Alexf1 wrote:
18 Sep 2024, 12:12

They mention a 3 nitrogen damper combination. My understanding was that the first is a regular bumps damper, the second (with the latency effect) prevented bouncing and porposing at low ride heights and the third (with an even greater latency effect) logeren the car on the second half of the straights.
So I guess it's your own understanding, based on the short item on GP confidential which lacks details?
I have strong doubts about this, first one is the squatting; in the years 2020 and 2021 this effect was clearly visible. In 2022 and beyond not at all.
Second one is the porpoising; if such damper would have been used and now been banned, we would have seen at least some issues with porpoising, which I have not.

Together with the so called a-symmetrical brake system (Scarbs drawings/theory wouldn't work) there's is a lot of assumptions and fictional stories going around.
https://www.planetf1.com/news/ted-kravi ... -not-trick
Ah, I must have forgotten about that. That was 2 years ago, and apparently was something other teams also had in their design. It's a bit odd that 2 seasons later, the system was banned mid-season, and that only Red Bull would have been affected.

Rikhart
Rikhart

Don't think it's looking like the catastrophe many were afraid of.

Juzh

Rikhart wrote:
20 Sep 2024, 12:12
Don't think it's looking like the catastrophe many were afraid of.
No, but podium will be difficult, car is missing at least few tenths as predicted. Hopefully Lec can pull out his street track special and steal it from Norris in quali/race.

Sergej
Sergej

car it's not too bad, but I fear it's not enough to beat some McLaren/Ferrari, so it's very possible to have a result like NOR 1 VER 5/6, which would be quite bad in terms of point swing; not that it was not expected though

let's see and hope Leclerc can steal the win from Lando

Madhouse

Hot rumour - if Perez fails to score double digit points at this race, he will be booted.

chrisc90

What language did max use yesterday in the press conference?

FIA butthurt about being told how it is I presume??

Luscion
Luscion

chrisc90 wrote:
20 Sep 2024, 12:45
What language did max use yesterday in the press conference?

FIA butthurt about being told how it is I presume??

i feel like surely the fia can find better use of their time