2024 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Hammerfist
Hammerfist

Re: 2024 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

j_ste wrote:
21 Sep 2024, 18:20
Just watching Q3 again. Lando goes nowhere near the curb when crossing the finish line. Lewis is straddling the curb when crossing the finish line.

That McLaren is something else
I agree. The McLaren has so much more pace than the others. Lando should disappear tomorrow but that might not be the smartest thing to do at this venue. An ill timed safety car can allow others to pit and steal your position if you are too far ahead.

dialtone
dialtone

Jurgen von Diaz wrote:
venkyhere wrote: I am not a HAM fan, so usually dont care for the barbs and brickbats in this thread.
However, I consider HAM, VER and LEC as the only 'truly elite' drivers in current day F1 - it may not show up in results or stats or 'data' ; but in terms of 'pure talent' these three are one tier above the rest.
No Norris? So he's just sailing on luck and waiting for the championship to fall into his lap.

Leclerc hasn't yet proven that his mind game can handle a championship battle. He tried in '22, but errors became to the picture.
An error called Toto Wolf TD39

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alex_Z
Alex_Z

Jurgen von Diaz wrote:
21 Sep 2024, 18:18
venkyhere wrote: I am not a HAM fan, so usually dont care for the barbs and brickbats in this thread.
However, I consider HAM, VER and LEC as the only 'truly elite' drivers in current day F1 - it may not show up in results or stats or 'data' ; but in terms of 'pure talent' these three are one tier above the rest.
No Norris? So he's just sailing on luck and waiting for the championship to fall into his lap.

Leclerc hasn't yet proven that his mind game can handle a championship battle. He tried in '22, but errors became to the picture.
Same Norris who should be leading the WDC at this point if he hadn't bottled at least 4 race wins?

Emag
Emag

Hammerfist wrote:
21 Sep 2024, 20:27
j_ste wrote:
Just watching Q3 again. Lando goes nowhere near the curb when crossing the finish line. Lewis is straddling the curb when crossing the finish line.

I agree. The McLaren has so much more pace than the others. Lando should disappear tomorrow but that might not be the smartest thing to do at this venue. An ill timed safety car can allow others to pit and steal your position if you are too far ahead.
I mean, if you have pace you should almost always use it, assuming you’re not screwing your tires. Potential of an unlucky safety car doesn’t change that.

Quantum

Jdn1327 wrote:
21 Sep 2024, 19:58
Vanja #66 wrote:
21 Sep 2024, 18:32
Jurgen von Diaz wrote:
21 Sep 2024, 18:18
Nothing like inventing stories of recent events :mrgreen:
The famous quote comes to mind...never let facts get in the way of a good narrative

dialtone wrote:
21 Sep 2024, 20:52

An error called Toto Wolf TD39

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maybe Charles didn't get the Toto blame card? Stacks it 3 times while in leading...'Toto Wolf TD39 bro'! :lol:
"Interplay of triads"

Hammerfist
Hammerfist

Emag wrote:
21 Sep 2024, 21:03
Hammerfist wrote:
j_ste wrote:

I mean, if you have pace you should almost always use it, assuming you’re not screwing your tires. Potential of an unlucky safety car doesn’t change that.
It absolutely can. If the trailing car pits under a safety car and the leader cannot its game over. Thats one of the reasons why sainz drove the way he drove last year when he had the pace over the rest of the field.

Emag
Emag

Hammerfist wrote:
21 Sep 2024, 21:51
Emag wrote:
21 Sep 2024, 21:03
Hammerfist wrote:

It absolutely can. If the trailing car pits under a safety car and the leader cannot its game over. Thats one of the reasons why sainz drove the way he drove last year when he had the pace over the rest of the field.
Safety car is a luck factor. If there are no safety cars you just risk getting divebombed if you keep everyone close behind.

Luscion
Luscion

Lewis saying its the first time in a very long time he's felt connected and at one with the car

KimiRai
KimiRai

Great lap by Lewis, well done.