2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
FNTC
FNTC

Re: 2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

Yeah, realistically he will struggle to get points unless it rains or some others DNF. Or maybe with a perfect strategy and blocking the whole race. Boths Ferraris and Perez should be much faster, Williams and RB might even be faster.

GoranF1
GoranF1

Rikrikrik wrote:
21 Sep 2024, 16:34
I have a question
Alonso is a genius or Stroll is a mediocre? or both?
Alonso is top 5 drivers all time in F1...Stroll is top 5 worst drivers ever....and also spoild rich kid whit zero hunger for success.
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

bananapeel23

FNTC wrote:
21 Sep 2024, 18:04
Yeah, realistically he will struggle to get points unless it rains or some others DNF. Or maybe with a perfect strategy and blocking the whole race. Boths Ferraris and Perez should be much faster, Williams and RB might even be faster.
Barring reliability or getting crashed into, Alonso will score no matter what. His race management is frankly incredible.

KimiRai
KimiRai

What Fernando has done is incredible. P7. I'm at a loss for words. Just like Baku there are many faster cars behind (like literally 5 or 6 cars :lol: ), but at least it's Singapore...
Last edited by KimiRai on 21 Sep 2024, 21:49, edited 6 times in total.

Otromundo

Looking at the starting grid, the first thing I thought was "will they all manage to do the first lap together?"

Fernando, you already know: you just have to be smart and fast, anticipating everything... that your car currently... no, it is not prepared for the task of winning. Tomorrow there could be a big mess in the race. I think you understand me: this is when miracles usually happen!!! It's a shame that God is such a football fan that he only cares about Real Madrid..., how good it would be to have a little help from Him tomorrow...

Oremus...
Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear.

KimiRai
KimiRai

Alonso
-I can say that I am in a good moment, just as I had a bad one at the beginning of the year, I couldn't understand the car and feel it as mine, and now I seem to adapt to what the car gives me and I manage to get the maximum out of it. I'm happy about that part, but we are realistic and we know the difficulties we are having. Where the car is right now and that it's not good enough to keep going like this, we need to give it a....
-A push?
-A push between all of us... a kick in the pants!
-Is it going to be like this for the rest of the season? Will we always have to be heroic?
-Hopefully it will be a bit easier, we have some ideas that will come in the next races and that has to give us some tenths. If it doesn't give us some tenths, apart from being heroic, the rest of the year will also be frustrating. We have to be positive for now without denying that we are in a bad moment.
https://as.com/motor/formula_1/alonso-l ... posible-n/

diffuser

AR3-GP wrote:
21 Sep 2024, 16:47
Rikrikrik wrote:
21 Sep 2024, 16:34
I have a question
Alonso is a genius or Stroll is a mediocre? or both?
How many years have you been watching F1? :wink:
Lol

diffuser

FNTC wrote:
21 Sep 2024, 18:04
You can't pass at Singapore. Good chance he finishes 7th.

Rikrikrik
Rikrikrik

KimiRai wrote:
21 Sep 2024, 23:03
Alonso
-I can say that I am in a good moment, just as I had a bad one at the beginning of the year, I couldn't understand the car and feel it as mine, and now I seem to adapt to what the car gives me and I manage to get the maximum out of it. I'm happy about that part, but we are realistic and we know the difficulties we are having. Where the car is right now and that it's not good enough to keep going like this, we need to give it a....
-A push?
-A push between all of us... a kick in the pants!
-Is it going to be like this for the rest of the season? Will we always have to be heroic?
-Hopefully it will be a bit easier, we have some ideas that will come in the next races and that has to give us some tenths. If it doesn't give us some tenths, apart from being heroic, the rest of the year will also be frustrating. We have to be positive for now without denying that we are in a bad moment.
https://as.com/motor/formula_1/alonso-l ... posible-n/
I really dont believe more, i just see they'll put another pieces in Austin ( Sprint wekend) and nothing will change and after another disaster on qualy we will see the same " this wekend is not ideal to bring updates, its a sprint wekend and now we need learn more about our package" . Everyone be tired about their speeches, they need show improvement and effectiveness on the track, specially after the Hungary where they said "ohh the upgrades are working as expected and now we knows the path"

Ashwinv16

There is talks that Austin Upgrades could be shelved for better 2025, especially after finding performance from mix and matching some old parts that they did not expect. This could mean no more upgrades for rest of season. This is also as its very clear McLaren, Ferrari and Red Bull have divested resources for Austin Upgrades as with 3 sprints and 6 races and the three teams really close together it could be a big deal if one team finds pace in Austin with upgrades if the other two focused on 2025. With Mercedes moving to 2025 it's crucial for Aston to decide so will see in Austin
Halo not as bad as we thought