2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Big Gun
Big Gun

Re: 2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

max_speed wrote:
22 Sep 2024, 15:59
Big Gun wrote:
22 Sep 2024, 15:56
Alonso knows how to looks after the tires. The Hulk was right behind him on 5 laps tires, but Alonso slowly pulled away. A few more laps he would of caught Sainz.
He is the real tire whisperer imo.
Car is so slow that's only weapon he has now save tires and maximise. If they make a great car i still feel he has what it takes to qualify at pole.monaco was proof.
Imo apart from Max, Alonso, Ham, Noriss, Lecerc and maybe Russell are the top tier drivers. Apart from Max over a season I still think Alonso would outscore everyone just because of his consistency. I can only imagine how many points he would have is this years Mclaren.

GoranF1
GoranF1

Since Adrian started giving Alonso secret setup advise 2 races ago you can clearly see progress. 🙃
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

max_speed
max_speed

GoranF1 wrote:
22 Sep 2024, 16:23
Since Adrian started giving Alonso secret setup advise 2 races ago you can clearly see progress. 🙃
At this rate. He is going to win championship next year

KimiRai
KimiRai

In Monza P11 just one second off a P9, Baku P6 and Singapore P8. 12 points in the last 2 races. Last GPs have been strong from Alo with a car that barely deserves those results. Also good pitstops and strategy by the team, now it's time to improve the car
Last edited by KimiRai on 22 Sep 2024, 17:12, edited 1 time in total.

TyreSlip
TyreSlip

KimiRai wrote:
22 Sep 2024, 16:40
In Monza P11 just one second off a P9, Baku P7 and Singapore P8. Last GPs have been strong from Alo with a car that barely deserves those results.
We can assume the team found the right mixture of old parts to maximize these results?

Next month's updates must show real progress for the 2025 car to have a chance.

Rikrikrik
Rikrikrik

I understand how good driver Alonso is, and how Lance is bad, but, last 2 or 3 races the difference between Lance and Alonso reminds me last year. Configurations? Newey's guesses and they testing? (probably not), Alonso is motivated about future? Alonso was waiting Newey's Annoucement to bring his best mode again? Lance is disconpromise? A lot of questions. But, a good thing is, the car is look "confortable" for Alonso , even slow. I start to think Alonso is overestimating hiself about car performance and maybe his car is better than Stroll's car and he's talking like a God because Stroll has another pieces, configurations and obviously he is not a good driver even and everyone think the both cars is the same . Stroll was similar to Alonso all of the year. Sometihng behind the scenes is happening and we dont know what.

bananapeel23

Rikrikrik wrote:
22 Sep 2024, 16:54
I understand how good driver Alonso is, and how Lance is bad, but, last 2 or 3 races the difference between Lance and Alonso reminds me last year. Configurations? Newey's guesses and they testing? (probably not), Alonso is motivated about future? Alonso was waiting Newey's Annoucement to bring his best mode again? Lance is disconpromise? A lot of questions. But, a good thing is, the car is look "confortable" for Alonso , even slow. I start to think Alonso is overestimating hiself about car performance and maybe his car is better than Stroll's car and he's talking like a God because Stroll has another pieces, configurations and obviously he is not a good driver even and everyone think the both cars is the same . Stroll was similar to Alonso all of the year. Sometihng behind the scenes is happening and we dont know what.
It's very clear that Alonso is always good, but when he's motivated he's just outrageously good.

zoroastar

Rikrikrik wrote:
hahahaa dude if you found a chest full of gold you would complain that it wasnt diamonds. why cant you just be a little happy that the team has been getting some decent results, or that things are looking up for the future :lol:

the field is so close that being 2 or 3 tenths slower per lap means several places over a race, or in a quali lap. who knows what the difference in the 2 aston cars is. do you think that they are going to sacrifice the bosses sons race somehow if they can help it? lance just isnt the driver that alonso is. its been obvious since he joined last year, and alonso has been doing the same thing to all of his teammates throughout his whole career.
Last edited by zoroastar on 22 Sep 2024, 17:23, edited 1 time in total.

-wkst-
-wkst-

STR seems so highly unmotivated, unacceptable. Pit told to defend against SAI, he just let him by…

I still hope for this one uge upgrade in Austin, which works…

TyreSlip
TyreSlip

-wkst- wrote:
22 Sep 2024, 17:16
STR seems so highly unmotivated, unacceptable. Pit told to defend against SAI, he just let him by…

He held him up for as long as he could. Stroll couldn't do anything about Ferrari with DRS.

zoroastar

-wkst- wrote:
22 Sep 2024, 17:16

yeah he doesnt seem happy at all. probably a lot of things to be unhappy about. his dad can do whatever he can to give him a faster car, but once hes in the car, its up to him. lance is judged really hard by everyone. he is living his dream to be an f1 driver, but its not an easy ride haha. the only way to feel better is probably to get better

diffuser

Rikrikrik wrote:
They go into qualifying with whatever setup the driver thinks works best. Nobody is dictating to the drivers the setup they need to use for quali and the race. Now if the config of the car is different between the 2 amr24 cars, it's because Lance wanted it that way. Either way, it just says Lance can't get as much out of the car.

The may not always use the same parts in the FPs but is just to get as much data to prepare for quali and isn't what happens for quali and the race.

Rikrikrik
Rikrikrik

zoroastar wrote:
22 Sep 2024, 17:10
Rikrikrik wrote:
hahahaa dude if you found a chest full of gold you would complain that it wasnt diamonds. why cant you just be a little happy that the team has been getting some decent results, or that things are looking up for the future :lol:

the field is so close that being 2 or 3 tenths slower per lap means several places over a race, or in a quali lap. who knows what the difference in the 2 aston cars is. do you think that they are going to sacrifice the bosses sons race somehow if they can help it? lance just isnt the driver that alonso is. its been obvious since he joined last year, and alonso has been doing the same thing to all of his teammates throughout his whole career.
I'll be happy when they prove anything, since Canada 2023 they are falling down in the grid and they just say the same words every wekend

TyreSlip
TyreSlip

Rikrikrik wrote:
22 Sep 2024, 17:56
I'll be happy when they prove anything, since Canada 2023 they are falling down in the grid and they just say the same words every wekend
I sometimes wonder if Alonso would have won in Canada without the update. The update did mess up the balance of the car. The car still being mega under braking probably had a lot to do with its competitiveness.

Nikosar
Nikosar

TyreSlip wrote:
22 Sep 2024, 18:04
Rikrikrik wrote:
22 Sep 2024, 17:56
I sometimes wonder if Alonso would have won in Canada without the update. The update did mess up the balance of the car. The car still being mega under braking probably had a lot to do with its competitiveness.
If I’m not wrong, he had the pace to do it but the team told him to slow down as they suspected a relatability issue. And realistically he had only one chance to pass VER after the yellow flag. Turned out later that the car was OK…

But yeah since then they had 12 months going into a wrong direction. Now they should have had enough time to bring something good for Ausitn.

And BTW Newey still had 0 influence on car set-ups or upgrade as someone suggested…