2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
ScuderiaLeo

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Xyz22 wrote:
22 Sep 2024, 21:06
Remember when some people mocked Leclerc for being "only" 0.6s quicker than Bearman?

In Baku, Bearman was quicker than Hulkenberg pretty much :lol:
And also that Ferrari made a mistake by trusting Bearman, that Bearman's result in Jeddah was purely luck, that he would immediately get his ass kicked in F1... :roll: For whatever reason, some people really want the kid to fail.

F2 has more talent than F1 can accommodate, and drivers like Bearman and Colapinto are proof of that. While I don't think Bearman has the same potential as rookie prodigies like Leclerc and Piastri based on his progress since F4, I can see him developing into a driver similar to Sainz. Near the top of the field with the ability to secure a few wins along the way.

Ferrari has a strong lineup of potential members in the future between Bearman, Câmara, and Taponen.

Vanja #66

bananapeel23 wrote:
22 Sep 2024, 21:02
It's a shame that Ferrari keeps losing points, but frankly I think the gap to McLaren is insurmountable and P2/P3 doesn't really matter much to Ferrari, given their infinite resources.
I don't think bonuses other than WCC position bonuses (coming from FOM) can pass under budget cap, but I may have misunderstood that...

yooogurt wrote:
22 Sep 2024, 21:03
I think in Baku it was possible p1 and p2 (If Charles had kept Oscar behind, then he would have killed the tyres and would have been vulnerable to attacks towards the end of the race), in Singapore, well I believe in Charles magic in quali, and probably p1 and p5 maybe p4 (Even at p2 after the quali, with these Lando tactics, we will had the option of doing the undercard for free)
Sounds a bit too optimistic for me tbh, but in perfect races I guess both were possible

Xyz22 wrote:
22 Sep 2024, 21:06
Remember when some people mocked Leclerc for being "only" 0.6s quicker than Bearman?

In Baku, Bearman was quicker than Hulkenberg pretty much :lol:
Yeah, people love having reverse logic when it comes to sports. When a rookie does well relative to his team mate, it's never an outsatnding job from the rookie, it's always the team mate who failed...
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

yooogurt

By the way yes, top 3 in WCC will give us a lot of bonuses in wind tunnel and cfd in preparation for 2026. Maybe that's a good thing.
FORZA FERRARI!

bananapeel23

Vanja #66 wrote:
22 Sep 2024, 21:38
bananapeel23 wrote:
22 Sep 2024, 21:02
It's a shame that Ferrari keeps losing points, but frankly I think the gap to McLaren is insurmountable and P2/P3 doesn't really matter much to Ferrari, given their infinite resources.
I don't think bonuses other than WCC position bonuses (coming from FOM) can pass under budget cap, but I may have misunderstood that...
I meant that Ferrari doesn't care about prize money because they are limited by the budget capm so WCC position doesn't really matter all that much.

yooogurt

bananapeel23 wrote:
22 Sep 2024, 22:02
I meant that Ferrari doesn't care about prize money because they are limited by the budget capm so WCC position doesn't really matter all that much.
We have the historical bonus payout, or whatever it is. I remember that in 2020, Ferrari got more payout for 6th place in the WCC than Merc did for first.
FORZA FERRARI!

bananapeel23

yooogurt wrote:
22 Sep 2024, 22:08
bananapeel23 wrote:
We have the historical bonus payout, or whatever it is. I remember that in 2020, Ferrari got more payout for 6th place in the WCC than Merc did for first.
Ferrari has infinite money. It's insane how much funding they have and how much they would be spending if they got rid of the budget cap.

Vanja #66

bananapeel23 wrote:
Yeah I understood, but I think these WCC position bonuses for employees are excluded so they could end up being used as intended - end of year bonus for a job well done
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

CouncilorIrissa
CouncilorIrissa

Vanja #66 wrote:
22 Sep 2024, 20:49
What are your opinions on points lost in the last 2 races? What's the number?

The way I see it, Baku should have been P1+P3 and here I think it was most likely P2+P5 with proper Q3. Overall 22p lost in Baku and 12p here, so 34p overall. Should have jumped over Red Bull in WCC and made it a much closer fight with McL.

WCC P2 would be a good result and a decent reward for team personel, but I'm not sure if Sainz is interested in keeping up with his high level results. Both Baku incident and yesterday's crash were avoidable, unexpected lack of judgement from his side in both cases. (not blaming him for Baku crash, but it was avoidable, everyone knows what a hot head Checo can be)
Baku was winnable; I've never subscribed to the idea that we were slower on hards than McL. Charles said he wasn't comfortable on hards, but given that Sainz managed to catch up, I'm pretty sure that Charles would've done even better in clean air -- around Baku he's not generally faster, he's always faster than Sainz.

The cars hit the cliff on mediums, but Charles's inlap was actually faster than the lap before. I think he lost around .25-.3 seconds in the last two corners which might've been the difference between victory and P2.

So that's 7+12 points lost in Baku, the 12 being the loss from Sainz's crash. In Singapore I think the team could've achieved P2 and P4 at the very least. So that's another 8 + 6 points lost. So 33 points in total.

All in all the outcome of the last two races is triggering me to no end. So annoying.

yooogurt

CouncilorIrissa wrote:
23 Sep 2024, 00:41
The cars hit the cliff on mediums, but Charles's inlap was actually faster than the lap before. I think he lost around .25-.3 seconds in the last two corners which might've been the difference between victory and P2.
The main loss was after pitlane on acceleration to the first detection point, it cost 1.4 sec
FORZA FERRARI!

ScuderiaLeo

Did the team talk about the front wing update and how it performed? I didn't see them mention it, only that they all talked about trying to fix the tire window for Austin and beyond.