2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
search

Re: 2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

ispano6 wrote:
22 Sep 2024, 16:24
His start was terrible as usual but he was also ahead of Sainz before the pits. The team could have pitted Yuki right after.
would have been difficult to score points as well, though, on that strategy. Sainz was only running a couple of seconds ahead of the Hülkenberg group in the end, in the obviously much better car.

chrisc90

Wouter

chrisc90 wrote:
22 Sep 2024, 18:07
You know it is happening but it is sad to see the pain in his eyes. Thanks for posting @Chris.
The Power of Dreams!

TyreSlip
TyreSlip

ispano6 wrote:
22 Sep 2024, 17:00
There are 6 races left and if Liam is guaranteed 5 then there is 1 race left for Dan to take as his finale in Abu Dhabi.
I think if Danny had to choose, he'd rather his last race be Vegas.

Wouter

Marko already said it last weekend when he was asked if this will be Ricciardo's last race.
"Will it be announced in Singapore?
HM: "There won't be an announcement, you can see it for yourself."

The Power of Dreams!

Luscion
Luscion

IntrinsicVoid
IntrinsicVoid

Very sad turn of the events. It seems like it’s the end for him. Hope he finds some better racing home.

As for the FL decision, the teams which are crying for sure are going to do the same thing if they had the chance. And at the end it was something that gave him the chance to end on a good note, small thing as it is.

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

HPD

Bill wrote:
22 Sep 2024, 15:53
HPD wrote:
22 Sep 2024, 15:04
Soft tyres for Tsunoda and there is still half the race to go. This team is pathetic. The whole season has been bad strategies by both drivers. And the older know that this strategy problem has been going on for years and years.
His pace was epic he pulled a 30 second gap on ocon .the problem he was far behind the likes of perez.soft tires are made for street tracks.
I was surprised by the pace. I take my words back.
Anyway, the points were far away today.

Thanks Daniel for your contribution to F1

search

the car was much better on softs than on mediums, yeah. Which probably also explains why they didn't touch the hards at all, likely to offer even less grip.

So problem was not so much strategy itself, but having to find a strategy for a car which only works on one tire type.

Wouter

A nice tribute from one Aussie to another.👍

The Power of Dreams!

Bill
Bill

search wrote:
23 Sep 2024, 10:09
the car was much better on softs than on mediums, yeah. Which probably also explains why they didn't touch the hards at all, likely to offer even less grip.

So problem was not so much strategy itself, but having to find a strategy for a car which only works on one tire type.
a safety car would have helped else i don't see them breaking into top 10.the start was horrendous the tires just wouldn't grip

avantman
avantman

He wanted to come back to fight for grand prix wins, not to fight with Ocon and Gasly for P12. Red bull managers took him back with that in mind as well, thinking he might be good enough outpace Tsunoda quite comfortably and then possibly take Perez seat.
Looking at where red bull racing are now, and most likely will be the next year as well - not in a position to fight for race wins even with Max...I don't feel like we or he should be sad now, it probably feels like deliverance, liberation for him finally...well sort of. If it all ended in abu-dhabi 2022, being bought out of his contract and shown the door effectively midseason, never having a 2nd chance in other team....all that would feel far worse I think, both for Daniel and his fans. He didn't look devastated to me, liberated rather. And we can see how thankful he is to red bull and everything they, Horner, Marko, have done to him... fans will feel always aggrieved of course.

djos

A sad day, that is for sure.

Laurent said they had to pit Daniel early to clear debris from a brake duct. Still getting the medium tires to last as long as he did was a great effort.

It was nice of the team to give Daniel the chance to grab the fastest lap of the race at the end. Classy move!
"In downforce we trust"

djos

avantman wrote:
23 Sep 2024, 11:41
He wanted to come back to fight for grand prix wins, not to fight with Ocon and Gasly for P12. Red bull managers took him back with that in mind as well, thinking he might be good enough outpace Tsunoda quite comfortably and then possibly take Perez seat.
Looking at where red bull racing are now, and most likely will be the next year as well - not in a position to fight for race wins even with Max...I don't feel like we or he should be sad now, it probably feels like deliverance, liberation for him finally...well sort of. If it all ended in abu-dhabi 2022, being bought out of his contract and shown the door effectively midseason, never having a 2nd chance in other team....all that would feel far worse I think, both for Daniel and his fans. He didn't look devastated to me, liberated rather. And we can see how thankful he is to red bull and everything they, Horner, Marko, have done to him... fans will feel always aggrieved of course.
Fans that feel aggrieved need to grow up, F1 is brutal - I feel sad and disappointed that things didn’t pan out.

The only thing I’m angry about is Maclaren corrupting Daniel’s driving style, instead of fixing their PoS weird handling car years ago! Lando was on record complaining about it for 4 years. It seems firing James key was something they should have done a long time ago.

One other thing that is obvious to me, is Daniel has always been decent in average cars, but Mega in good cars! It’s kinda weird to think about, especially when you have other drivers that have been great in average cars, and rubbish in fast cars.
"In downforce we trust"