2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Gillian
Gillian

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Juzh wrote:
23 Sep 2024, 14:45
Macklaren wrote:
23 Sep 2024, 14:37
avantman wrote:
23 Sep 2024, 11:20

Max 2021 was the best, I'd even say the greatest season I've ever seen from anyone, including the few following seasons of Max(including 2023). I guess that answers you question.
2021 Max's best even though he had a 40 point lead at one point and Lewis came within one lap of winning the championship?

(Don't reply because we don't want to relitigate 2021. Just pointing out that everyone has selective memories about their favorite drivers)

meanwhile:
=D>

pantherxxx
pantherxxx

I think Singapore was Red Bull's weakest track all season, because it's where the fact that they can't attack the curbs aggressively matters most. That could be why the big gap to Norris. Nevertheless, 2nd place and beating Piastri is certainly impressive, and a big improvement compared to last year.

Remaining tracks by required downforce levels:

High Downforce Tracks:

Mexico – The high altitude reduces air density, so teams run maximum downforce to compensate for the reduced grip.

Medium-High Downforce Tracks:

Abu Dhabi (Yas Marina Circuit) – Technical corners in the last sector require high downforce, though the straights limit how much can be used.

Brazil (Interlagos) – A mix of straights and technical sections, requiring medium downforce but leaning higher for cornering grip.

Qatar GP (Losail International Circuit) - typically requires a medium-high downforce setup. Losail features a mix of fast, flowing corners and a long main straight.

Medium Downforce Tracks:

Austin (COTA) – The mix of high-speed straights and the technical Sector 1 forces teams to opt for medium downforce.

Low Downforce Tracks:

Las Vegas – Expected to be a low-downforce circuit given its long straights.

Vettel165

pantherxxx wrote:
23 Sep 2024, 15:59
I think Singapore was Red Bull's weakest track all season, because it's where the fact that they can't attack the curbs aggressively matters most. That could be why the big gap to Norris. Nevertheless, 2nd place and beating Piastri is certainly impressive, and a big improvement compared to last year.

High Downforce Tracks:

Mexico – The high altitude reduces air density, so teams run maximum downforce to compensate for the reduced grip.

Abu Dhabi (Yas Marina Circuit) – Technical corners in the last sector require high downforce, though the straights limit how much can be used.

Brazil (Interlagos) – A mix of straights and technical sections, requiring medium downforce but leaning higher for cornering grip.

Qatar GP (Losail International Circuit) - typically requires a medium-high downforce setup. Losail features a mix of fast, flowing corners and a long main straight.

Medium Downforce Tracks:

Austin (COTA) – The mix of high-speed straights and the technical Sector 1 forces teams to opt for medium downforce.

Low Downforce Tracks:

Awesome analysis. =D>

Brasil and Mexico Max usually brings some extra tenths with it. If he has a good front end. But are his two probably best tracks we have until the end.

organic

Vettel165 wrote:
23 Sep 2024, 16:09
pantherxxx wrote:

High Downforce Tracks:

Medium Downforce Tracks:

Low Downforce Tracks:

Awesome analysis. =D>

Brasil and Mexico Max usually brings some extra tenths with it. If he has a good front end. But are his two probably best tracks we have until the end.
I'd move yas marina to medium and cota up to medium-high based on last year

Wouter

It would be nice if you mention at each video what it is about because the video is black.
When I clicked on it I saw that I already knew each video. Wasting my time to open the video's on YT.

For example:

Verstappen & Hamilton Collide At Silverstone | 2021 British Grand Prix

The Power of Dreams!

organic

Christian Horner tells RacingNews365:
"[The upgrade for Austin] is not set in stone yet. We have gained a lot of information during these last events, which will influence what needs to be on the car in Austin."

"We've learned a lot in the last two races, but the upcoming venues are completely different.
He's already said the issue with the car at the minute is "100% due to the balance". At least in their opinion post-Monza.

https://formu1a.uno/it/horner-lo-svilup ... -bilancio/

So I wonder what else is there to think about

Juzh

Wouter wrote:
23 Sep 2024, 16:26
It would be nice if you mention at each video what it is about because the video is black.
When I clicked on it I saw that I already knew each video. Wasting my time to open the video's on YT.

For example:

Sorry, i will next time. F1 doesnt allow embedded video.

Wouter

Juzh wrote:
23 Sep 2024, 19:19
Wouter wrote:
23 Sep 2024, 16:26

For example:

Sorry, i will next time. F1 doesnt allow embedded video.
👍
The Power of Dreams!

Paa

pantherxxx wrote:

High Downforce Tracks:

Medium Downforce Tracks:

Low Downforce Tracks:

Can someone add tyre allocation to those tracks? I'm not conclusive on this, but my impression is Red Bull likes the harder tyres more?

TeamKoolGreen
TeamKoolGreen

Scott Mitchell believes Lawson is coming in for 6 races at VCARB to audition for Perez's seat next year.

Sieper

I think it is a good idea. Yuki and Liam can show how good they are. 6 races is a reasonable stint. Incredible bummer for Ricciardo, it has to be said.

FittingMechanics
FittingMechanics

TeamKoolGreen wrote:
23 Sep 2024, 21:12
Scott Mitchell believes Lawson is coming in for 6 races at VCARB to audition for Perez's seat next year.
That actually makes sense as a reason to sack Ricciardo. Why get him out early if you will keep Lawson in the car next year. Couldn't figure out why don't they just give a rock solid contract to Lawson for next year, he would surely take it and let Ricciardo end the season. This "audition" idea makes sense.

Interesting to see that they are doing this right after it seems likely that McLaren will take the WCC. Getting a stronger driver in the second seat in Red Bull would do wonders for WCC next year (and help Max with WDC if he can be a rear gunner).

avantman
avantman

Paa wrote:
23 Sep 2024, 21:05
Can someone add tyre allocation to those tracks? I'm not conclusive on this, but my impression is Red Bull likes the harder tyres more?
My observation is the opposite. Max has been the most competitive against Lando in race trim on softer, medium compounds on first stints. Imola, Barcelona(with the * of Lando driving behind Russell), Austria even Zandvoort....it looked less competitive for Max on following stints and harder tires . And course in qualifying over one lap when they use softest tire, Max can near match or even beat Lando occasionally, but it's very different on harder medium/hard tires in race.
What we see now is very similar to 2021 season, where Max was the most competitive against Mercedes on softer tires, which is why he could match Mercedes Q3 laptimes, score poles in the beginning of the year,(mercedes would often top Q2 on medium) but mercedes was always fundamentally faster race car on harder race tires, on hard especially, all year basically, bar few exceptions, particular rear limited tracks (Baku, Austria, Mexico). At COTA, which was rear limited, Max looked faster on the first stint on medium, but was undoubtedly significantly slower on hard for the most of the race distance.
Mclaren is fundamentally faster race car this year, exactly like Mercedes was fundamentally faster race car whole 2021. And exactly like RB19 was fundamentally faster race car for most of '23, even if Ferrari could often beat them on soft in Q3.
Of course not all of it comes from the tires, not all of it comes from lower deg. Looks like Mclaren often just have more grip (downforce?) in race mode for whatever reason, probably it has something to do with ride heights for example.

organic

Sieper wrote:
23 Sep 2024, 22:08
I think it is a good idea. Yuki and Liam can show how good they are. 6 races is a reasonable stint. Incredible bummer for Ricciardo, it has to be said.
I would also say that Lawson -> red bull for 2025 and Perez out would open a VCARB seat for an impressive Colapinto.. Marko should be doing everything he can to get him

organic

Paa wrote:
23 Sep 2024, 21:05

Tyres chosen by pirellis are too closely tied with the circuit characteristics which will be affecting cars' relative performances more than the actual tyre selection itself. Very difficult to get a read on if not impossible without the data the team have access to. Tyres are a dark art