2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Sergej
Sergej

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

here's how to stop Lando from winning

fit Checo with a new engine in Austin, gauge the engine to last only two races, take Austin super easy and then go banzai in Mexico City, super party mode in quali and 70 laps on full beans; then bin the engine and repeat for Interlagos-Vegas. Checo takes two wins, Lando two wins less.

welcome Max, don't thank me for having won you the title 8)

organic

Sergej wrote:
23 Sep 2024, 23:45
here's how to stop Lando from winning

fit Checo with a new engine in Austin, gauge the engine to last only two races, take Austin super easy and then go banzai in Mexico City, super party mode in quali and 70 laps on full beans; then bin the engine and repeat for Interlagos-Vegas.
Hmm this engine sacrificing approach in the run-in seems familiar. Probably just my imagination

ispano6

Maximizing sprint race weekends is crucial, the points from the sprint race will make a difference. So would an extra point for pole position!

I forget if penalties can be applied to sprint instead of a race. Like starting from the back of the grid.

Paa

ispano6 wrote:
24 Sep 2024, 01:41
I forget if penalties can be applied to sprint instead of a race. Like starting from the back of the grid.
No.

Watto
Watto

On a somewhat unrelated subject. I wonder if there is any scenario where now that it looks like the constructors championship is gone - even Red Bull are admitting that. If their is any way they would look at wanting to drop to 3rd behind in the constructors championship. - more to me that their development path has taken a bit of a mis step this year. Would the extra wind tunnel and CFD runs maybe something they need so just so they can maybe put that to good use - maybe the system is working (add in their budget cap penalties) are starting to have the desired effect.

TimW
TimW

Watto wrote:
24 Sep 2024, 07:48
.... - maybe the system is working (add in their budget cap penalties) are starting to have the desired effect.
That could very well be the case. Developing updates while having little wind tunnel time, and thus being forced to do little model validation, is an excellent recipe to lose correlation between models and reality.

KimiRai
KimiRai

Austin track is being resurfaced apparently. Does this help the car?

Cassius
Cassius

KimiRai wrote:
24 Sep 2024, 10:20
The car is strong when driven low and stiff, so that would help. However, new track surface often leads to graining. RB had a lot fo graining issues in recent GPs that were resurfaced, especially compared to McLaren. If car is less well-balanced, RB will suffer more than McLaren.

mendis
mendis

KimiRai wrote:
It should, some of their issues are also related to bouncy tracks. IMO, now that they have lost the WCC, they should use Perez as a mule to test their upgrades and use the whole of US weekend to simply measure the upgrades. It's a sprint weekend, so no point using Max to do any upgrade experiments.

Paa

mendis wrote:
24 Sep 2024, 11:18
KimiRai wrote:
It should, some of their issues are also related to bouncy tracks. IMO, now that they have lost the WCC, they should use Perez as a mule to test their upgrades and use the whole of US weekend to simply measure the upgrades. It's a sprint weekend, so no point using Max to do any upgrade experiments.
It's fine. If upgrade doesn't deliver then it is over anyway.
So they can just put it to Max so he can make use of it in case it works.
Also they can test the setup during sprint then they can make adjustments now so setup shouldn't be too big concern.

organic

KimiRai wrote:
Austin is constantly resurfaced and fails to resolve anything. They have drainage issues due to decisions made when building the circuit, so the ground beneath circuit constantly moving and creates the uneven surface as soon as they fix it.

I don't think it will make a big difference. The combination of the high-speed esses in S1 and the long radius slower corners in S3 will play totally into McLaren's hands and they'll be strong at cota.

For me I've written off interlagos and Mexico, and partially COTA as well

Sergej
Sergej

which race could be winnable, provided the Austin correction delivers ? Vegas ? McLaren won't have their "magic" rear wing, could help in beating them

Vettel165

organic wrote:
24 Sep 2024, 11:51
KimiRai wrote:
Austin is constantly resurfaced and fails to resolve anything. They have drainage issues due to decisions made when building the circuit, so the ground beneath circuit constantly moving and creates the uneven surface as soon as they fix it.

I don't think it will make a big difference. The combination of the high-speed esses in S1 and the long radius slower corners in S3 will play totally into McLaren's hands and they'll be strong at cota.

I am thinking high speed corners are areas in which Red Bull is still the strongest. In S1 Red Bull could be stronger than Mclaren with the right setup, Mexico, Brasil is usually a high downforce setup because of high altitude. None of the races are a write off for us, because we were strong in our worse tracks (Singapore, Baku). Red Bull doesnt like bumps, high kerbs and a lot of slow-speed corners. Also mainly all the races until the end will be hot. Lets go, bring it home boys. [-o<

organic

Sergej wrote:
24 Sep 2024, 12:09
which race could be winnable, provided the Austin correction delivers ? Vegas ? McLaren won't have their "magic" rear wing, could help in beating them
Qatar, Vegas and Abu Dhabi I'm thinking

Cassius
Cassius

organic wrote:
24 Sep 2024, 12:27
Sergej wrote:
24 Sep 2024, 12:09
Qatar, Vegas and Abu Dhabi I'm thinking
Qatar and Vegas were already very difficult with the RB19. Mclaren and Ferrari were pretty close. So maybe Abu Dhabi, although McLaren is likely to be better there as well.