Teams working together

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Big Tea

Re: Teams working together

It may even have crossed someone's mind that seeing his fastest lap taken away Lando may retry, and overcook, losing his win and maybe more
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

trinidefender
trinidefender

ispano6 wrote:
25 Sep 2024, 02:52
Mercedes has Williams, Ferrari Haas, Red Bull has VCARB. Aston, McLaren, Sauber, and Alpine could have their alliances, but it wouldn't really serve McLaren to have an ally take away a fastest lap point from their own driver now will it!

But really, there is nothing wrong with Dan or Yuki or KMAG wanting to go for fastest lap if they aren't in the points. The fastest lap record has been around forever. You can't have a fastest lap, and then award a point to the fastest driver in the top 10 position who didn't set the fastest lap. That's plain stupid. So really it only makes sense to give a point to the driver IF he's in the points, since F1 is so stingy about points and makes a big deal about earning 1 single point. Teams have gone bankrupt just trying to attend a race only to go home EVERY SINGLE RACE WITH NO POINTS. So yeah, fastest lap should be awarded to the driver who sets the fastest lap, points or not. And besides, McLaren has no ground or proof, since Ric can simply say he had something against McLaren and would do everything possible to prevent Lando from getting the WDC. The two did not get off to a good start (remember the "I will end you!"). It's not a coalition championship, it's personal!
You’ve been watching too much Drive to Survive. That comment was clearly made as a joke and it was taken out of context by DTS to play up a rivalry that didn’t exist.

Nobody who grew up with English as their first language would use that term in a serious manner. It’s clearly a joke.

ispano6

trinidefender wrote:
26 Sep 2024, 19:29

You’ve been watching too much Drive to Survive. That comment was clearly made as a joke and it was taken out of context by DTS to play up a rivalry that didn’t exist.

Nobody who grew up with English as their first language would use that term in a serious manner. It’s clearly a joke.
Yeah right, I never watch Drive to Survive. I've followed F1 since 1986 and don't need DTS to know what's going on in the paddock.

Wouter

ispano6 wrote:
26 Sep 2024, 19:32
trinidefender wrote:
26 Sep 2024, 19:29

Yeah right, I never watch Drive to Survive. I've followed F1 since 1986 and don't need DTS to know what's going on in the paddock.
Well said!! =D>
The Power of Dreams!