2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Vettel165

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Wouter wrote: ↑
30 Sep 2024, 11:43
πŸ₯³πŸŽˆπŸŽ‰πŸ₯³πŸŽˆπŸŽ‰πŸ₯³πŸŽˆπŸŽ‰πŸ₯³πŸŽˆπŸŽ‰πŸ₯³

πŸŽˆπŸŽ‰πŸ₯³πŸŽˆπŸŽ‰πŸ₯³πŸŽˆπŸŽ‰πŸ₯³πŸŽˆπŸŽ‰πŸ₯³πŸŽˆ

πŸ”΄ 203 GPs
πŸ”΅ 109 stages
πŸ”΄ 61 wins
πŸ”΅ 40 pole positions
πŸ”΄ 32 fastest laps
πŸ”΅ 13 hat tricks
πŸ”΄ 5 Grand Slams
and πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†THREE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS
Our Super Max. =D>

Happy Birthday.

Wouter

djones wrote: ↑
30 Sep 2024, 12:28
Don't forget the * next to three world championships.
Please explane why I should use a * next to three WCC. Thanx in advance.
The Power of Dreams!

FW17

Paa wrote: ↑
30 Sep 2024, 11:16
FW17 wrote: ↑
30 Sep 2024, 10:35
RBR will have to learn a whole new philosophy for next year, last year of a rule cycle. It would be understandable if they do not attempt it.
I'm not sure if it is whole new to them?
They started this ruleset by softer philosophy and only stiffened their suspension for this year. So they just have to go back by 1 year, not start from scratch.
Weren't they stiff since start of this rules cycle in 2022?

organic

30 Sep 2024, 13:53
30 Sep 2024, 11:16
30 Sep 2024, 10:35
RBR will have to learn a whole new philosophy for next year, last year of a rule cycle. It would be understandable if they do not attempt it.
I'm not sure if it is whole new to them?
They started this ruleset by softer philosophy and only stiffened their suspension for this year. So they just have to go back by 1 year, not start from scratch.
Weren't they stiff since start of this rules cycle in 2022?
2022 they were stiffer than Ferrari but across the grid they weren't too stiff. 2023 most teams got softer but RB was on the stiffer side. In '24 they're arguably running the stiffest of any team

Rikhart
Rikhart

djones wrote: ↑
30 Sep 2024, 12:28
Don't forget the * next to three world championships.
I agree with this. the asterisk would stand for "so far", because very soon it will be 4, then 5, then who know where he will stop.

And you better deal with it soon, your life will be healthier.

Jurgen von Diaz

Marko wanted to pull Ricciardo out of the car, but Horner gave CPR. They have a junior program but still they play with Horner's favorites.

organic

organic wrote: ↑
30 Sep 2024, 00:19
29 Sep 2024, 23:14
What kind of upgrades do we expect for Austin? Based on comments around the team (mostly Marko) it will be substantial. Besides the floor/diffuser which is obvious.
I kind of hope for new wings as well. With new profile and/or with more flexing?
Bodywork? For some reason I don't expect it to change.
Suspension? Probably would be too much at this time of the season.
Anything else?
Floor is the base of the package. Maybe they can bring a Flexiwing as well.
Salvation, hopefully

A revised construction of the front wing is also set to be brought, which will allow the team to exploit the flexibility of the elements like Ferrari did in Singapore, but with the aim of not purely increasing performance.

In theory, the programmed flexibility of the profiles of the front wing will allow great incidences of the flaps, thus providing greater load at low speed and reducing understeer through corners.
From RacingNews365's sources, Red Bull's Austin upgrades will look at revisiting of the front section of the floor to vary the pressure underneath in the initial section of the Venturi channels
And a comment from Max about expectations
"Obviously I don’t expect it to go like last year, where we dominated the whole season, but I feel confident that we can get back to fighting for the win very soon.”

Paa

Good to see news about front wing. Somehow I kind of expected it.
It is obvious that the team expects a lot from the new package and they should finish the season very strong if it delivers.

The only question remaining if it really brings the performance and without any unexpected side-effects. We had plenty of examples from this year alone why it is not straightforward, but hopefully Red Bull learned it's lesson and found a solution.

edit: and can't wait for FIA to immediately jump down on flexiwings if Red Bull really brings one and it delivers, lol.

Watto
Watto

It will be a good test to see how much they understood their issues and how well they can find a solution

venkyhere
venkyhere

I fear the team is 'playing up' this upgrade to keep fans and sponsors happy as part of PR.
Typical media strategy is to underpromise before and overdeliver after.

Remember, COTA is a sprint weekend. So the luxury of a typical 'setup buildup' of a normal race weekend is not available.

ispano6

venkyhere wrote: ↑
01 Oct 2024, 06:15
I fear the team is 'playing up' this upgrade to keep fans and sponsors happy as part of PR.
Typical media strategy is to underpromise before and overdeliver after.

Remember, COTA is a sprint weekend. So the luxury of a typical 'setup buildup' of a normal race weekend is not available.
Parc ferme is not enforced anymore between sprint and race so the issue really is about not damaging the new parts during the sprint race and understanding what true race pace would look like after the pitstops. Red Bull need to see if they have gotten the basics right in fp1 and make adjustments after the sprint.

Cassius
Cassius

Filisetti hasn't been right all too often, so would take this with a grain of salt. Anyone with some knowledge of the situation would say a new floor and potentially a more flexible wing as well.

We will see in Austin whether he guessed right.

Sergej
Sergej

Filisetti knows nothing. Floor and a new front wing are good guess though, everyone of us can do those.

Vettel165

In theory, the programmed flexibility of the profiles of the front wing will allow great incidences of the flaps, thus providing greater load at low speed and reducing understeer through corners.

So they are making the car that would suit Max more. If he has a good front end he can deliver the magic, his driving style is similar to Schumacher, he can live with a lot of oversteer in the corners. I would say he can bring that extra 0,3-0,5s if he has the car under his liking. Just like Alonso did in 2012, 2010 and in many years with second, or even third best car he won the races. Perez perfomance might get even worse from now on.

organic

Vettel165 wrote: ↑
01 Oct 2024, 12:52

So they are making the car that would suit Max more. If he has a good front end he can deliver the magic, his driving style is similar to Schumacher, he can live with a lot of oversteer in the corners. I would say he can bring that extra 0,3-0,5s if he has the car under his liking. Just like Alonso did in 2012, 2010 and in many years with second, or even third best car he won the races. Perez perfomance might get even worse from now on.
The car has simply been understeering in slow speed all season. Improving that doesn't mean it'll ruin checo's form. Less understeer in the slow speed and still a stable rear / connected platform shouldn't mean checo struggles more