2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
dialtone
dialtone

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

ScuderiaLeo wrote:What angers me the most is looking at the responses to the interview, where people still think the main reason why Ferrari lost in 2022 was because of Leclerc's crash in France. Never mind how Clear himself says in the video Ferrari weren't ready for a battle, and the team as a whole couldn't compete with Red Bull...

If Ferrari shows up next year with the same tire issues as this season, I think I'll be inconsolable from my disappointment. :lol: Unless Leclerc falls off heavily in the last few races, I believe this will be his best season. Ferrari need to capitalize on the line up they have next year.
Half of people in the world are below median intelligence… you can’t expect too much. This is valid for any sport or even non sports.

Sevach
Sevach

ScuderiaLeo wrote:
08 Oct 2024, 23:25
What angers me the most is looking at the responses to the interview, where people still think the main reason why Ferrari lost in 2022 was because of Leclerc's crash in France. Never mind how Clear himself says in the video Ferrari weren't ready for a battle, and the team as a whole couldn't compete with Red Bull...

If Ferrari shows up next year with the same tire issues as this season, I think I'll be inconsolable from my disappointment. :lol: Unless Leclerc falls off heavily in the last few races, I believe this will be his best season. Ferrari need to capitalize on the line up they have next year.
2024 has been his most consistent season and biggest gap to Carlos, could be partially down to Carlos being on his way out, but it's very impressive.

As for 2022, France and Imola were the 2 clear mistakes made by Charles, on the other hand we have Monaco, Silverstone(team still won that one), Hungary, other smaller team mistakes, many reliability problems... Spain, Baku...

f1316 wrote:
09 Oct 2024, 04:48

I mean, the reason we lost 2022 was primarily because Red Bull had a much faster car in races during the second half of the season - and that, likely but never confirmed, is because of the new TD (which, arguably again, was also Binotto’s fault for not blocking or even using the veto) - but the strategy and reliability issues didn’t help. A couple of errors from Leclerc (Imola and France) were no more than either Max or Lewis made the prior year.
From the outside he sure didn't seem to fight that thing too hard, very quiet about it.
Horner was the one that was loud in opposition to this rule.

ScuderiaLeo

Tire testing today :D
Last edited by ScuderiaLeo on 09 Oct 2024, 19:12, edited 1 time in total.

Fakepivot
Fakepivot

Mugello good place to test if the upgrade has worked or not, right? it has high speed corner. i do hope it has worked [-o<

deadhead

Is this test one day only?

yooogurt

f1316 wrote:
or even using the veto)
That plank nerf was in a TD that was about safety, and veto can't be used when it comes to safety.
FORZA FERRARI!

deadhead

yooogurt wrote:
09 Oct 2024, 17:49
f1316 wrote:
or even using the veto)
That plank nerf was in a TD that was about safety, and veto can't be used when it comes to safety.
Brilliant move by Toto Wolf at the time but I think the hope was to nerf the RB car as well, which never happened...

f1316
f1316

deadhead wrote:
09 Oct 2024, 18:32
yooogurt wrote:
09 Oct 2024, 17:49
f1316 wrote:
or even using the veto)
Brilliant move by Toto Wolf at the time but I think the hope was to nerf the RB car as well, which never happened...
Fair point - that said, I think they could have successfully, legally argued that it was absolutely nothing to do with safety (given it wasn’t) and therefore that the veto should apply. One way or the other, he needed to do everything in his power to fight it as hard as possible, which certainly does not seem to have been the case.