2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
ispano6

Re: 2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

zoroastar wrote:
09 Oct 2024, 05:49
https://www.msn.com/en-sg/news/other/al ... ngNewsSerp

i thought this was pretty interesting.
Anyone else notice that Max lost two races while being in the lead due to safety cars where his comfortable gap was erased?

And the only correlation to there being no safety cars is you don't have Sargeant or Albon crashing anymore, because the Williams is now improved and Sargent has been replaced. Lance hasn't crashed either since he's never pushing and the only contact has been Haas or someone crippling Yuki enough to not score points.
Oh and of course the massive brain fart by Perez and Sainz happened on the last lap.

KimiRai
KimiRai

I doubt the upcoming package is Newey-influenced at all despite what some fans think, don't think he could have had an effect so early on. Plus Newey could probably want to see whether he needs to make changes and remove bad apples like he said he did at Red Bull back then, and helping them would defeat the purpose. So this will be a test on the current team imo.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

KimiRai wrote:
09 Oct 2024, 13:59
I doubt the upcoming package is Newey-influenced at all despite what some fans think, don't think he could have had an effect so early on. Plus Newey could probably want to see whether he needs to make changes and remove bad apples like he said he did at Red Bull back then, and helping them would defeat the purpose. So this will be a test on the current team imo.

I don’t think Newey will have an impact on AMR24 but he would have discussed the state of the team (personnel, infrastructure) in the contract negotiations and he would have had an opportunity to start his influence in the make up of the team already from these discussions.
A lion must kill its prey.

diffuser

AR3-GP wrote:
09 Oct 2024, 14:34
KimiRai wrote:

I don’t think Newey will have an impact on AMR24 but he would have discussed the state of the team (personnel, infrastructure) in the contract negotiations and he would have had an opportunity to start his influence in the make up of the team already from these discussions.
Weren't there rumors that Cardile was a request from Newey ?

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

diffuser wrote:
09 Oct 2024, 15:52
AR3-GP wrote:
KimiRai wrote:

Yes there was that rumor, but I'm sure even more subtle things like "you should have a department dedicated to XYZ when I get here" and "these are some people from Red Bull that I want to bring on board to fill these roles, so get started with recruitment and gardening terms". Newey will not have wasted any time or opportunity to move things along.
A lion must kill its prey.

-wkst-
-wkst-

https://racingnews365.com/aston-martin- ... 025-f1-car

Would be more than enough if Newey can provide some input in such things for the 2025 car.

And I am sure he is not looking after his flowers in the garden the whole day.

OnEcRiTiCaL
OnEcRiTiCaL

-wkst- wrote:
09 Oct 2024, 17:07
https://racingnews365.com/aston-martin- ... 025-f1-car

Would be more than enough if Newey can provide some input in such things for the 2025 car.

And I am sure he is not looking after his flowers in the garden the whole day.
Newey don't have to say anything what's wrong with the AMR24 or how could to make faster. Enough if just hint for them which area of Redbull makes different to others,what makes Redbull good ballanced and talk about a bit the windtunnel. After all they will know for what have to look for. Anyway Aston problem is mostly the tyres and the floor.

diffuser

ispano6 wrote:
09 Oct 2024, 08:46
zoroastar wrote:
09 Oct 2024, 05:49
https://www.msn.com/en-sg/news/other/al ... ngNewsSerp

i thought this was pretty interesting.
Anyone else notice that Max lost two races while being in the lead due to safety cars where his comfortable gap was erased?

And the only correlation to there being no safety cars is you don't have Sargeant or Albon crashing anymore, because the Williams is now improved and Sargent has been replaced. Lance hasn't crashed either since he's never pushing and the only contact has been Haas or someone crippling Yuki enough to not score points.
Oh and of course the massive brain fart by Perez and Sainz happened on the last lap.
Sounds like there would have been a safety car @ Baku if the accident didn't happen so late in the race that they finished under the virtual safety car. Imagine another disaster like Australia where they red flagged the race with 2 laps to go.

TyreSlip
TyreSlip

Felipe Drugovich announced to run Alonso's car for FP1 in Mexico.

Nikosar
Nikosar

diffuser wrote:
AR3-GP wrote:
KimiRai wrote:

There was an Italian f1 journalists on a YouTube interview that said that Newey requested to sign Cardile.

https://www.formula1.it/news/20802/1/nu ... ton-martin

At the end it just another F1 rumour.

KimiRai
KimiRai

Nikosar wrote:
10 Oct 2024, 10:30
diffuser wrote:
AR3-GP wrote:

There was an Italian f1 journalists on a YouTube interview that said that Newey requested to sign Cardile.

https://www.formula1.it/news/20802/1/nu ... ton-martin

At the end it just another F1 rumour.
Yes, I shared it here some time ago. I was talking about the short term performance of the car. Sorry if I did not express myself correctly

KimiRai
KimiRai

Alonso
"When I re-signed with the team earlier this year, the contract was about more than just driving. It takes me into the 2026 season and the sport's new technical regulations. And from there, we'll see how many more years of driving."
[...]
Does Adrian Newey's arrival at Aston Martin Aramco change how much longer you see yourself racing in Formula One?
"I would be lying if I said I didn't think about that. Adrian will arrive in March next year and dedicate his time to 2026 so let's see how I feel at the end of '26 and if I can keep going: it will be a decision that we make together as a team, with Lawrence [Stroll], with Adrian."
https://www.astonmartinf1.com/en-GB/new ... ever-young

RedNEO

KimiRai wrote:
10 Oct 2024, 19:46
Alonso
"When I re-signed with the team earlier this year, the contract was about more than just driving. It takes me into the 2026 season and the sport's new technical regulations. And from there, we'll see how many more years of driving."
[...]
Does Adrian Newey's arrival at Aston Martin Aramco change how much longer you see yourself racing in Formula One?
"I would be lying if I said I didn't think about that. Adrian will arrive in March next year and dedicate his time to 2026 so let's see how I feel at the end of '26 and if I can keep going: it will be a decision that we make together as a team, with Lawrence [Stroll], with Adrian."
He’s definitely extending. Lawrence sees him as his son and Newey loves him! The prodigal son extends!

Chuckjr

True that.
Watching F1 since 1986.

-wkst-
-wkst-

RedNEO wrote:
11 Oct 2024, 07:10
KimiRai wrote:
10 Oct 2024, 19:46
Alonso
[...]
He’s definitely extending. Lawrence sees him as his son and Newey loves him! The prodigal son extends!
Stroll is a business man, they will target VER for 2027. And if thats happening, ALO is out. No doubt.

And if there is a chance to get VER already for 2026, they will take it.

STR will be in the 2nd seat, as long as his father is the majority shareholder.