2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Rodak
Rodak

Re: 2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

diffuser wrote:
15 Oct 2024, 15:17
peewon wrote:
15 Oct 2024, 05:02
Even if the current regulations were continued for another 5 years, I would at best put it at 50% chance for AMR to win multiple races consistently let alone title. Why? Because we just havent seen them do it. Let alone the fact that the new regs are mainly about the PU,. Did people forget that Newey was at RB from 2014-2020 and RB didnt come close to winning a title.
Well considering there are 10 teams, all things being equal, there is a 1 in 10 chance of winning
any 1 race(10% or 0.1). Chances of winning two in a row are (0.1)*(0.1) = .01 or 1%.
This isn't a lottery, this is racing and all things are NOT equal. Having said that, there will be two or three teams who get it right and the chances of two in a row increase dramatically; unfortunately I don't think it will be Aston Martin will be in that mix but fingers crossed.

Rikrikrik
Rikrikrik

looks the same front wing or not? aparently, no new front wing.

diffuser

Rodak wrote:
17 Oct 2024, 02:19
diffuser wrote:
15 Oct 2024, 15:17
peewon wrote:
15 Oct 2024, 05:02
Even if the current regulations were continued for another 5 years, I would at best put it at 50% chance for AMR to win multiple races consistently let alone title. Why? Because we just havent seen them do it. Let alone the fact that the new regs are mainly about the PU,. Did people forget that Newey was at RB from 2014-2020 and RB didnt come close to winning a title.
Well considering there are 10 teams, all things being equal, there is a 1 in 10 chance of winning
any 1 race(10% or 0.1). Chances of winning two in a row are (0.1)*(0.1) = .01 or 1%.
This isn't a lottery, this is racing and all things are NOT equal. Having said that, there will be two or three teams who get it right and the chances of two in a row increase dramatically; unfortunately I don't think it will be Aston Martin will be in that mix but fingers crossed.
It does put his 50% in perspective, doesn't it?

-wkst-
-wkst-

peewon wrote:
16 Oct 2024, 23:49
-wkst- wrote:
16 Oct 2024, 20:01
I am always a bit sceptical, hearing such things. Last year they told basically the same things. But after all it’s simple, you are able to make the car faster or not. This whole „laying foundation for 2025“ is just another Blabla to buy time.
If they are on the right path, this shouldn't be a problem. They may take a step back for a couple of races but should be back to the same level or better after that, if not immediately. McLaren had an immediate jump when the brought their new concept. This is all conditional on it being the right solution though.
Isn't that what they already told with the Budapest updates (before they wanted to attack with a new package in the autumn)? In fact they recognized for example that the boot out Imola floor, which was blamed for the poor balance and so on, made his comeback in the autumn races. :wtf:

I am not so convinced that the current personal at the factory knows exactly what route to go.

KimiRai
KimiRai

-wkst- wrote:
17 Oct 2024, 06:39
I am not so convinced that the current personal at the factory knows exactly what route to go.
McLaren simulator driver Daniel Juncadella said Newey doesn't understand what Aston is doing either :lol:

Anyways let's see how Austin goes.