2024 Mclaren Formula 1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Macklaren
Macklaren

Re: 2024 Mclaren Formula 1 Team

I'll also point out that when everyone was piling on McLaren about the mini-DRS, Stella said we agreed to remove it as long as the FIA investigated other cars that were exploiting grey areas as well and they had given evidence to the FIA. this clampdown comes immediately after??

mwillems

Macklaren wrote:
17 Oct 2024, 20:24
I'll also point out that when everyone was piling on McLaren about the mini-DRS, Stella said we agreed to remove it as long as the FIA investigated other cars that were exploiting grey areas as well and they had given evidence to the FIA. this clampdown comes immediately after??
Now on this bit of subjective opinion I tend to have some agreement.
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

Emag
Emag

Will be really hard to judge anything this weekend if indeed it was RedBull. They are bringing a very big upgrade package here.

It's funny how 90% of the people online automatically assumed it was McLaren though :lol:

CjC
CjC

LionsHeart wrote:
17 Oct 2024, 19:30
mwillems wrote:
17 Oct 2024, 18:11
LionsHeart wrote:
17 Oct 2024, 14:46

Considering that they are talking about changing the setup for qualifying/race, I doubt it's McLaren. Just for one reason - so-so pace on the first stint with full tanks. Although that doesn't mean anything.
But wouldn't it improve the Qualy and not the race? Ride height can be lower on Saturday due to low fuel, and then raised back into place for the race on higher fuel. Lowering ride height for a heavier car would not make sense, ride height for a heavier car is higher not lower. So any difference in performance would be seen on Saturday, not Sunday.

The question would be, who's qualifying is better than race pace. And with that, you can rule out Ferrari.
You know perfectly well that I know this. I'm ruling out McLaren for now because their pace with full tanks is not as excellent as with an empty tank. But you can't change the front end of the T-Tray floor during the race, right? I mean, McLaren is already fast with an empty tank in race conditions. Why would they make the car even faster in qualifying for one fast lap? Their weak point is the standing starts and the pace in the first phase of the race.

I don't discuss other teams in this thread. This thread is about McLaren. I just wrote my assumptions about it. I'm more interested in what surprise Stella was talking about earlier about the upgrade package for the last six races.
What did Stella say earlier about the surprise?
‘Surprise there isn’t an upgrade’? =P~ =P~
Just a fan's point of view

CjC
CjC

Do I recall correctly after the mini drs storm in Baku, Stella said that now Mclaren have to correct their DRS ‘it’s time to talk to the FIA about some of the other cars’

??

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/ar ... 3yvz7xdgzo
Just a fan's point of view

Henri
Henri

https://x.com/fastpitstop/status/1846983400143704577 McLaren have been cheated out of a championship .. if i was norris i'd be pissed

LionsHeart
LionsHeart

CjC wrote:
17 Oct 2024, 20:52
LionsHeart wrote:
17 Oct 2024, 19:30
mwillems wrote:
17 Oct 2024, 18:11

But wouldn't it improve the Qualy and not the race? Ride height can be lower on Saturday due to low fuel, and then raised back into place for the race on higher fuel. Lowering ride height for a heavier car would not make sense, ride height for a heavier car is higher not lower. So any difference in performance would be seen on Saturday, not Sunday.

The question would be, who's qualifying is better than race pace. And with that, you can rule out Ferrari.
You know perfectly well that I know this. I'm ruling out McLaren for now because their pace with full tanks is not as excellent as with an empty tank. But you can't change the front end of the T-Tray floor during the race, right? I mean, McLaren is already fast with an empty tank in race conditions. Why would they make the car even faster in qualifying for one fast lap? Their weak point is the standing starts and the pace in the first phase of the race.

I don't discuss other teams in this thread. This thread is about McLaren. I just wrote my assumptions about it. I'm more interested in what surprise Stella was talking about earlier about the upgrade package for the last six races.
What did Stella say earlier about the surprise?
‘Surprise there isn’t an upgrade’? =P~ =P~
Stella said they were preparing a surprise. As far as I understood, he was talking about technical updates that will still be coming this season. I'll go look for where I saw this a month ago.

mwillems

I think it was suggested it would be soon after the mini break, but with no suggestion of which race.
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

Emag
Emag

I won't be happy if I see an empty upgrade sheet for McLaren this race, I'll tell you that much :D

SilviuAgo

Against all the haters that team is not McLaren: Red Bull forced to change F1 car by FIA after ride height controversy
https://www.crash.net/f1/news/1057809/1 ... ontroversy

FittingMechanics
FittingMechanics

Time to get in your bets for Lando WDC.

Emag
Emag

FittingMechanics wrote:
17 Oct 2024, 21:24
Unfortunately I still think that would be very difficult, but I might change my mind depending on how this weekend pans out :lol:

Macklaren
Macklaren

LOL RBR And they were STILL having issues with kerbs?
also VERY well played McLaren for finding this, flagging it to the FIA

FittingMechanics
FittingMechanics

Emag wrote:
17 Oct 2024, 21:26
FittingMechanics wrote:
17 Oct 2024, 21:24
Unfortunately I still think that would be very difficult, but I might change my mind depending on how this weekend pans out :lol:
Probably but I think betting odds haven't priced this in yet. If anyone wants to gamble this is a good time (this is not financial advice).

SilviuAgo

In addition...Following the latest meeting of the World Council, the FIA has announced that the sport will drop the additional point for setting the fastest lap in a grand prix rule from next season.

The FIA has confirmed that drivers will no longer be awarded the extra point for setting the fastest lap of the race. Currently, the driver who sets the fastest race lap receives an additional point if he finishes in the top ten.

Source: https://www.f1technical.net/news/25625