2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
CjC
CjC

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Henri wrote:
17 Oct 2024, 21:02
CjC wrote:
17 Oct 2024, 21:01
Henri wrote:
17 Oct 2024, 20:58
Disgusting cheating hope for a points deduction.. this spoiled the championship
Not really, they aren’t leading the constructors and haven’t had the fastest package for some time.

IF they have been ‘cheating’ (not my words) they are cheating and still can’t win
They robbed McLaren of valid wins because of the trick
That I won’t deny.
As a Mclaren fan I feel slightly more satisfied Red Bull are being beating with such a device.
Just a fan's point of view

CjC
CjC

It could explain Verstappens mega pole lap in Spa, then his very average race pace the following day?
Just a fan's point of view

mwillems

organic wrote:
17 Oct 2024, 21:04
Joel709 wrote:
17 Oct 2024, 21:03
Henri wrote:

Dude, you could say the same with their double DRS rear wing, it’s all about pushing boundaries in this sport
If ride height was changed inside parc fermé using this device then it isn't similar to the McLaren rear wing. It would be completely illegal, not just a grey area.
Indeed, the only grey area is not if it is wrong, but it if was utilised.

Fair play to Red Bull for giving it a go, but have to say, it is disappointing but not surprising. It is part of the sport but I hope it isn't something my own team would do.
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

Joel709
Joel709

organic wrote:
17 Oct 2024, 21:04
Joel709 wrote:
17 Oct 2024, 21:03
Henri wrote:

Dude, you could say the same with their double DRS rear wing, it’s all about pushing boundaries in this sport
If ride height was changed inside parc fermé using this device then it isn't similar to the McLaren rear wing. It would be completely illegal, not just a grey area.
Redbull and the fia are still claiming it has not been used to break parc ferme rules, only that it exists, it’s available to all the cars as it’s a public part.

But in comparison, this device and a double DRS rear wing are both as against the regulations as eachother.

organic

CjC wrote:
17 Oct 2024, 21:05
It could explain Verstappens mega pole lap in Spa, then his very average race pace the following day?
Yeah for sure. Also Austria mega pole lap?

Emag
Emag

CjC wrote:
A bit of a stretch. Qualifying was mixed-rainy conditions and Max couldn't really show his best pace on the race because of the starting position.

A race like Singapore is actually more "telling". Max had pretty good pace in qualifying for a car that at points was losing ~1s per lap in the first stint against Lando.
Last edited by Emag on 17 Oct 2024, 21:08, edited 1 time in total.

Joel709
Joel709

Supposedly RedBull made the change to the device at the Singapore GP so it has already been adjusted

AMG.Tzan

How many times of cheating before this team gets disqualified?

And God knows how many years they’ve been running these things like the braking system and this now! They’ve destroyed the championship and the FIA as always doesn’t care about handing them a proper penalty…

Ridiculous!
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

pantherxxx
pantherxxx

"A Red Bull spokesperson told BBC Sport: "Yes, [the device] exists, although it is inaccessible once the car is fully assembled and ready to run."

Based on Red Bull's explanation, if the device was inaccessible once the car was fully assembled and ready to run, then it would not have been possible to use it to make any illegal adjustments during the critical parc fermé period. So they didn't cheat. It was just something they had to change because other teams had this suspicion.

AMG.Tzan

Emag wrote:
17 Oct 2024, 21:08
CjC wrote:
A bit of a stretch. Qualifying was mixed-rainy conditions and Max couldn't really show his best pace on the race because of the starting position.

A race like Singapore is actually more "telling". Max had pretty good pace in qualifying for a car that at points was losing ~1s per lap in the first stint against Lando.
Austria too

0,4 advantage in Qualifying…ends up having to battle Norris!
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

Joel709
Joel709

AMG.Tzan wrote:
17 Oct 2024, 21:09
How many times of cheating before this team gets disqualified?

And God knows how many years they’ve been running these things like the braking system and this now! They’ve destroyed the championship and the FIA as always doesn’t care about handing them a proper penalty…

Ridiculous!
It’s part of the sport dude, it isn’t pretty and nobody likes it but I guarantee every team has tricks bending the rules on their cars

Joel709
Joel709

My main concern is how this would affect this package coming, however if they were told to stop using it prior to Singapore then they’ve had 5 weeks to remedy, we will see, if redbull suddenly spiral then we will know the true affect

Emag
Emag

pantherxxx wrote:
17 Oct 2024, 21:09
"A Red Bull spokesperson told BBC Sport: "Yes, [the device] exists, although it is inaccessible once the car is fully assembled and ready to run."

Based on Red Bull's explanation, if the device was inaccessible once the car was fully assembled and ready to run, then it would not have been possible to use it to make any illegal adjustments during the critical parc fermé period. So they didn't cheat. It was just something they had to change because other teams had this suspicion.
I don't think the teams are claiming RedBull "manually" was changing the ride height between sessions. That would be stupid and blatantly illegal which would just disqualify them from the session.

What they are claiming is that RedBull has come up with a "device" (whatever this is), that allows the ride height to be adjustable in some-way between sessions. For example, if you have a fulcrum-lever kind of device which raises the bib up as the weight of the car increases in the rear-end, "technically" nobody is touching the car, but the configuration/setup would change the moment you put fuel in the tank.

I am not claiming this is how it works btw, I am just giving an example on how you could get away with "automatic" systems while claiming the device in itself is inaccessible once the car goes in parc ferme.
Last edited by Emag on 17 Oct 2024, 21:18, edited 1 time in total.

pantherxxx
pantherxxx

AMG.Tzan wrote:
17 Oct 2024, 21:10
Emag wrote:
17 Oct 2024, 21:08
CjC wrote:

Austria too

0,4 advantage in Qualifying…ends up having to battle Norris!
What about Baku? They had horrible qualy pace, but Perez had very good race pace. I think it's not true what you're implying.

Joel709
Joel709

After reading it I think I understand.

Essentially Redbull are claiming that yes, they have this device that allows for adjustment, however, once the device is sealed under parc ferme, it cannot be accessed at all.

This change is saying that they can keep the system they have now, but must remove the device entirely to completely wipe out the possibility of its use.